Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Send Topic Print
I tells ya....Uber be ferked. (Read 14026 times)
Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Re: I tells ya....Uber be ferked.
Reply #75 - May 2nd, 2017 at 12:35pm

Aussie wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 12:18pm:
Vic wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 8:46am:
Aussie wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 7:21pm:
I don't struggle with it at all Vic.  You are exploiting slave labour, and still, you defend it.

As I said....carry on.

Don't listen to the Gubers who have realised what they have done.

You'll be okay Vic, and that's all which matters.

Oh the feigned outrage and wringing of hands!   Your diatribe and posturing  would be a lot more genuine if it weren't for the fact that you have an investment in the taxi industry via taxi plates!    You stand to lose a lot of money as your investment falls in value, but you want people to believe you have a "genuine" interest in Uber drivers and their welfare?   

Uber has well and truely settled down in many countries around the world Aussie, just as it will here.   Why not sell the plates whilst you can still make a profit and drive for them yourself?

Own it Vic.  You are exploiting victims, and could not care less, other than you save a few bucks from using that 'slave' labour.  Does not matter what I believe.  I am not exploiting anyone.

My word I will own it Aussie.   Your woeful handwringing about an alternative service that is driving down the value of your investment is pitiful to watch.    You couldn't give a hoot about Uber driver's and their welfare - so don't pretend you do.    More power to them!

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - May 2nd, 2017 at 1:31pm

Vic wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 12:35pm:
Aussie wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 12:18pm:
Vic wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 8:46am:
Aussie wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 7:21pm:
I don't struggle with it at all Vic.  You are exploiting slave labour, and still, you defend it.

As I said....carry on.

Don't listen to the Gubers who have realised what they have done.

You'll be okay Vic, and that's all which matters.

Oh the feigned outrage and wringing of hands!   Your diatribe and posturing  would be a lot more genuine if it weren't for the fact that you have an investment in the taxi industry via taxi plates!    You stand to lose a lot of money as your investment falls in value, but you want people to believe you have a "genuine" interest in Uber drivers and their welfare?   

Uber has well and truely settled down in many countries around the world Aussie, just as it will here.   Why not sell the plates whilst you can still make a profit and drive for them yourself?

Own it Vic.  You are exploiting victims, and could not care less, other than you save a few bucks from using that 'slave' labour.  Does not matter what I believe.  I am not exploiting anyone.

My word I will own it Aussie.   Your woeful handwringing about an alternative service that is driving down the value of your investment is pitiful to watch.    You couldn't give a hoot about Uber driver's and their welfare - so don't pretend you do.    More power to them!

You are quite right.  I don't give a stuff about their welfare, and I am not pretending to.  Far from it.  But......unlike you, I don't use them.  It is you exploiting them, taking advantage of some fools who are unaware until it's too late that they are 'slave' labour.

'Blood' diamond.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #77 - May 7th, 2017 at 2:30pm

The USA Feds are after Uber.

Link.

See Section 543 (1) of the Qld. Criminal Code.  There is pressure mounting here for Government to act on it.

Thou shall not conspire to thwart Government enforcement authorities and Uber certainly did that in here.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - May 7th, 2017 at 3:10pm

I told you!

Link.

Quote:
All this price-cutting has taken its toll on driver compensation, which in turn has driven driver satisfaction down, and turnover up. According to a popular ridesharing blog that surveys drivers annually, only 48% of Uber drivers were satisfied with their Uber work experience in 2016. Not surprisingly, turnover is increasing, straining Uber’s relentless need for more drivers to fuel ongoing growth. According to data provided by The Information, for every 100 applicants whose vehicles pass Uber’s inspection and insurance requirements, only 60% proceed to drive at least a single trip, and only about 15% still drive for Uber after a year.

Quote:
However, no one is making money in the ridesharing business yet, and in Uber’s case, losses have been mounting at an alarming rate. Even with generous, non-GAAP accounting adjustments, Uber reported a loss of $2.8 billion in 2016, compared to $1.5 billion in 2015 and $.67 billion in 2014. And even though Uber has been shrinking its operating losses as a percent revenue, the absolute magnitude of its losses almost doubled last year.

Cool

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #79 - May 25th, 2017 at 3:33pm

Not nearly enough, by a very long shot...but it is a start in Qld. 

Link.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - May 25th, 2017 at 3:36pm

shouldnt this be in relationships... Angry

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #81 - May 25th, 2017 at 3:44pm

cods wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 3:36pm:
shouldnt this be in relationships... Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - May 25th, 2017 at 3:44pm

All we need now is Agnes.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #83 - May 30th, 2017 at 1:24pm

I love it when I can say, "Told you so."

Link.

Quote:
"I see Uber as one of the stupidest businesses in history," Mr Douglass said. "The probability of this business not going bankrupt in a decade is like 1 per cent."

Pointing to Uber's high-cost, owner-driver model and what he described as its almost "valueless" user base, Mr Douglass said the San Francisco-based business' capital-raising style was like a "Ponzi scheme".

Told yez!

Smiley

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #84 - May 30th, 2017 at 2:02pm

Haven't we been through all this before? Even if Uber as we know it disappears today, the taxi industry is doomed by the technology that Uber and others have created ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - May 30th, 2017 at 2:07pm

AiA wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 2:02pm:
Haven't we been through all this before? Even if Uber as we know it disappears today, the taxi industry is doomed by the technology that Uber and others have created ...

We have it, and we have had that technology (the app) in Cabs in Qld for years. There is nothing new about the app of Uber.  It is very old stuff.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #86 - May 31st, 2017 at 12:06pm

Aussie wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 2:07pm:

We have it, and we have had that technology (the app) in Cabs in Qld for years. There is nothing new about the app of Uber.  It is very old stuff.

Must be different to NSW then, where taxi companies were dragged kicking and screaming into the app age, because it took away from the rent-seeking profits of the radio networks.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #87 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:01pm

Stig wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 12:06pm:
Aussie wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 2:07pm:

Must be different to NSW then, where taxi companies were dragged kicking and screaming into the app age, because it took away from the rent-seeking profits of the radio networks.

As I have been screaming for years, Queensland's Taxi Industry is nothing like that in any other Australian State.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #88 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:22pm

If the Taxi Industry in QLD were able to offer the ease of use and payment that Uber does, with the bonus of competitive rates, I'll stop using Uber.

I had to take a Taxi to a repair centre to pick up my Ute after an insurance claim, it cost $70+ door to door.  The 3rd party insurance provider covered it, but I had to go and inspect the work before pickup the week before and the Uber cost me $25. 

It's really hard to willingly pay near $50 extra for the same service when the taxi was a 13 year old model, smelly with a falling apart interiour whereas the Uber was a clean, no odor filled 2 year old Honda Accord.

One of my neighbours is a part time Uber driver because the market is so flooded on the Gold Coast as I expect it is everywhere else.  She leaves the App running while at home and if she's quick enough to take a fare she then heads out.  She was a early adopter and it in the beginning was enough to supplement her part time income.  Now it's nothing more than a tiny sliver of the pie.

Uber has pros and cons, but the solution for the Taxi industry is to improve themselves and their image rather than attacking Uber.

I also have a friend who is sitting on his inherited taxi plates and they're worth bugger all now.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #89 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:27pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 1:22pm:
Uber has pros and cons, but the solution for the Taxi industry is to improve themselves and their image rather than attacking Uber.

If you look through all these threads, not to mention almost every proposal from the taxi industry on this subject, that's one thing you never see - proposals to improve and make the customer experience better.

It's always "Uber did this", "I deserve to be compensated", "They can't be allowed to do that".

It's the textbook definition of a rent-seeking monopoly being disrupted and dying out

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Send Topic Print