Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print
I tells ya....Uber be ferked. (Read 13992 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: I tells ya....Uber be ferked.
Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:38pm

Stig wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:22pm:
And while the  taxi industry players are distracted by all the uproar over Uber, more competitors are moving into the market.

Maybe if plate owners and other rent-seeking incumbents spent less time pouring over Uber news stories and more time trying to figure out how to make their service cheaper and more appealing to customers, they'd have a future.

They can't be bothered.

Why?

Because they already know that they're well and truly stuffed.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:43pm

Stig wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:35pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:26pm:
And while the  taxi industry players are distracted by all the uproar over Uber, more competitors are moving into the market.

Maybe if plate owners and other rent-seeking incumbents spent less time pouring over Uber news stories and more time trying to figure out how to make their service cheaper and more appealing to customers, they'd have a future.

When you demonstrate that you know the slightest thing about the Taxi Industry in Qld....I'll let you know.

I don't care what you think I know. Keeping on spinning - I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the carnage.

I don't think ~ I know you know SFA.  It is obvious. 

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #17 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:50pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:43pm:

When you demonstrate that you know the slightest thing about the Taxi Industry in Qld....I'll let you know.

I don't care what you think I know. Keeping on spinning - I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the carnage.

Like how you knew San Fran taxi plate prices were surging in value ?

Yeah. Sure.

Since you know everything about everything and are so sure of how awesome your investment in taxi plates was - why are you even bothered about Uber?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #18 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:51pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:38pm:

They can't be bothered.

Why?

Because they already know that they're well and truly stuffed.

Jayzus

images-1_016.jpeg (24 KB | 48 )
images-1_016.jpeg

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:57pm

Stig wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:50pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:43pm:

Like how you knew San Fran taxi plate prices were surging in value ?

Yeah. Sure.

Since you know everything about everything and are so sure of how awesome your investment in taxi plates was - why are you even bothered about Uber?

If you can show me where I said  San Fransico prices were surging, I'll bare my arse.  I did say they were returning to pre Uber prices.  I am bothered because Government has allowed an outlaw into town and have been rendered gun shy by nervous Nellie politicians.  We are fighting back, and we will see the Ubers off.  They cannot make money on that model, as is obvious.  It is also obvious you ignore that fact of financial unviability.

They are now left with only two choices.  Increase their prices or lower driver take.  Either way....they are on a hiding.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #20 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:08pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:57pm:
If you can show me where I said  San Fransico prices were surging, I'll bare my arse.  I did say they were returning to pre Uber prices. 

Either way - it was still wrong.

I am bothered because Government has allowed an outlaw into town and have been rendered gun shy by nervous Nellie politicians.  We are fighting back, and we will see the Ubers off.  They cannot make money on that model, as is obvious.  It is also obvious you ignore that fact of financial unviability.

No - I'm ignoring your obsessive focus on one company. Uber could go under tomorrow and it won't stop the tide from coming in. The conclusion will still be the same.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #21 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:41pm

Oh yeah, I am going to allow my wife to get into a vehicle with some uncertified, untraceable, person, because an online program said they, and their car, were OK. Great idea, then we'll be able to say we totally like on the cutting edge of technology, instead of using a commercial cab company which is so like 20th century.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #22 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:01am

issuevoter wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:41pm:
Oh yeah, I am going to allow my wife to get into a vehicle with some uncertified, untraceable, person, because an online program said they, and their car, were OK. Great idea, then we'll be able to say we totally like on the cutting edge of technology, instead of using a commercial cab company which is so like 20th century.

Queue the "take my wife" joke.

Police pursuit...
Finally pull over..
Didn't you hear the siren and see the lights?
Yes I did but my wife ran off with a copper and I thought you were trying to give her back!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #23 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:54am

issuevoter wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:41pm:

Both Uber and Taxi drivers must have a criminal background check.

When you book with Uber, before you ride you can see the drivers rating. Can you see that with a taxi driver?

As for untraceable, if you've booked through the app, it's traceable.

Obviously if an Uber driver intends you serious harm, a big red light won't flash in a police station who can dispatch the flying squad to track you in real time with a big red circle moving around a map, like in the moofies, but that is no different from a taxi.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 9:44am

Stig wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:08pm:
If you can show me where I said  San Fransico prices were surging, I'll bare my arse.  I did say they were returning to pre Uber prices. 

Either way - it was still wrong.

I am bothered because Government has allowed an outlaw into town and have been rendered gun shy by nervous Nellie politicians.  We are fighting back, and we will see the Ubers off.  They cannot make money on that model, as is obvious.  It is also obvious you ignore that fact of financial unviability.

No - I'm ignoring your obsessive focus on one company. Uber could go under tomorrow and it won't stop the tide from coming in. The conclusion will still be the same.

Mundane.  I use the word Uber as representative all these rideshare wankers.  None of them are making money, and all are throwing capital in to shore themselves up.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:18am

I tells ya...Uber be ferked.

If they cannot play by their Rules, take Uber bat and ball and go home.  Great!  The ride share business model is an abject failure as it is now....it will become much worse if they have to pay their drivers the way they treat them....as employees.

Link.

Grin

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 3:24am

Gordon wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:54am:

Aussie hires criminals of all sorts to drive his taxis.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #27 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 4:09am

AiA wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 3:24am:

Aussie hires nothing.

He is unemployed. 

Fact!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 7:50am

Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 4:09am:
AiA wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 3:24am:

Aussie hires nothing.

He is unemployed. 

Fact!

You are wrong Lisa. He does work and he does hire criminals as taxi drivers. I read this in a place where only facts are posted.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #29 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 8:16am

Aussie wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 9:12pm:
How many articles must I post?  Uber stinks all over the Planet now.

Link.

You wish!

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print