Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Why is climate science so resilient? (Read 21170 times)
The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Why is climate science so resilient?
Reply #165 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:49am

Ajax wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:16am:
Net global emissions of CO2 are independent of mans emissions of CO2.

In other words the CO2 being emitted from natural sources eclipses and is independent of mans very minor emissions of CO2.

Ajax you are making the same mistake again of ignoring the natural carbon cycle.

Natural emissions of CO2 are balanced by natural absorption of CO2. It's called the carbon cycle and results in the atmosphere having about 280ppm of CO2.

Then along comes the industrial revolution and man starts pumping additional CO2 into the atmosphere.

Additional CO2 results in additional warming. It's fairly basic science

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 11:23am

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:49am:
Natural emissions of CO2 are balanced by natural absorption of CO2. It's called the carbon cycle and results in the atmosphere having about 280ppm of CO2.

Rubbish. What happened previously when CO2 was high, the earth naturally balanced the high? Why has the capacity of the earth to absorb CO2 dropped?

This figure based on the data of Stephens e al 2012 shoes the uncertainties in the earth energy budget.  The imbalance is 0.6 +/- 17 W/m2. The imbalance is lost in the noise.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #167 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 11:56am

lee wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 11:23am:
The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:49am:

Rubbish. What happened previously when CO2 was high, the earth naturally balanced the high? Why has the capacity of the earth to absorb CO2 dropped?

Right on cue lee appears.
I can guarantee that within half an hour of making a post about AGW lee will appear. In fact his last 25 posts have all been about global warming. You really should get out more lee it is unhealthy to be so obsessed with trying to debunk AGW.

My earlier post related to modern levels of CO2 as is clearly obvious by my mentioning the industrial revolution.

As for your other questions. Look it up yourself. I'm not your PA. if you have a point then make it. You are nothing but a troll who gets his rocks off by wasting peoples time with your deliberate obfuscation.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:03pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 11:56am:
My earlier post related to modern levels of CO2 as is clearly obvious by my mentioning the industrial revolution.

Yes. So what caused the LIA if CO2 levels were consistent going backwards in time? If CO2 were the Driver of AGW it would take a loss of CO2 to generate the LIA. There is no evidence of that.

BTW  Thanks for the rant. "When you are receiving flak it shows you are over the target."

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #169 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 4:48pm

lee wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:03pm:

Yes. So what caused the LIA if CO2 levels were consistent going backwards in time? If CO2 were the Driver of AGW it would take a loss of CO2 to generate the LIA. There is no evidence of that.

Wow, Lees REALLY is losing it!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 5:25pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 4:48pm:
lee wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:03pm:

Wow, Lees REALLY is losing it!

You must think you have an explanation for it. Please surprise us and tell us. Wink

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #171 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 5:47pm

I think I can explain it.

AGW frightens the brown stuff out of Lees.

AGW is galloping on even with the sun being quiescent and these darn lefties insist on talking about AGW all the dern time!

That why you are losing it Lees?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 5:59pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 5:47pm:
I think I can explain it.

AGW frightens the brown stuff out of Lees.

AGW is galloping on even with the sun being quiescent and these darn lefties insist on talking about AGW all the dern time!

That why you are losing it Lees?

According to you, increasing CO2 is the driver of Climate Change/AGW. But apparently the corollary is not true and a reduction in CO2 does not cause global cooling.

But that is what the warmists are trying to prove. That if we reduce CO2, we will get global cooling. Wink

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #173 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 6:12pm

Does ANYBODY on this board understand the garbage Lees just spewed? I don’t!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 6:29pm

[quote author=Jovial_Abbott link=1490232108/173#173 date=1490602320]Does ANYBODY on this board understand the garbage Lees just spewed? I don’t![/quote]

You have proved you understand very little. ;)

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #175 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 6:31pm

I certainly not the gibberish of a mind that has lost it all.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 6:33pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
I certainly not the gibberish of a mind that has lost it all.

You mean you don't understand your own gibberish? Well I have that trouble understanding your gibberish too.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #177 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:02pm

LIA was caused by sunspots according to some.

Others think it was the Gulf Stream stopping due to too much meltwater from the Arctic and Greenland. Volcanoes get a guernsey too.

Was the LIA just a northern hemisphere affair? If so the failure of the Gulf Stream could explain it, realising other “oceanic conveyers” would have stopped at the same time as the Gulf Stream.

If it was the UK and W europe that was mainly affected then it shouldn’t be called an Ice Age: temperatures in that area dropped to what temperatures would be at the latitude of UK + W Europe.

If the same cause was to come about again will there be a LIA or will the CO2 in the atmosphere prevent temperatures dropping very much?
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:50pm by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:31pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:02pm:
LIA was caused by sunspots according to some.

Others think it was the Gulf Stream stopping due to too much meltwater from the Arctic and Greenland.

Was the LIA just a northern hemisphere affair? If so the failure of the Gulf Stream could explain it, realising other “oceanic conveyers” would have stopped at the same time as the Gulf Stream.

If it was the UK and W europe that was mainly affected then it shouldn’t be called an Ice Age: temperatures in that area dropped to what temperatures would be at the latitude of UK + W Europe.

If the same cause was to come about again will there be a LIA or will the CO2 in the atmosphere prevent temperatures dropping very much?

But according to you CO2 drives climate. If the CO2 melts the Greenland ice sheet, a according to some, there will be more meltwater and it will stop the Atlantic Conveyor, of which the Gulf Stream is part.

So did CO2 stop or slow the Atlantic Conveyor in the past? Despite the ice core data showing it didn't increase, plant stomata tells a different story.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #179 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:37pm

Dribbling again. Go away and have a few days away from the computer for gods sake!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Send Topic Print