Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Airport Staff Sleeping In Third World Conditions (Read 2627 times)
gfresh

Australian Politics

Re: Airport Staff Sleeping In Third World Conditions
Reply #15 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 9:34pm

Hi Leftwinger, tried to PM you but apparently you can't do that until you have made 20 posts, sigh!

I will probably be dead by the time I can post an external link (100 posts)

If any of you punters out there can speed it up for me would be greatly appreciated.

Posting without references is kind of a futile exercise.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 9:40pm

gfresh wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
Hi Leftwinger, tried to PM you but apparently you can't do that until you have made 20 posts, sigh!

If any of you punters out there can speed it up for me would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #17 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 11:49pm

Just go into relationships and start fight, your post count will rise amazingly fast and you'll be posting links in no time!

Just leave the http(s):// off and people can add it, right click it.

ie rather than http://google.com just type google.com or use googleDOTcom and let readers fix it if they want to see the link. If the link is worthwhile someone may help out by posting the link.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #18 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 11:54pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 9:40pm:

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/106/stpatricksday7.gif

^^ that's racist!

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:09am

gfresh wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 5:25pm:
Secondly, I am 100% sure the facts are true, because I work for Aerocare and I checked it out myself.  In fact I spent most of the day today doing just that.

We can stop reading here.

It is blatantly obvious that you're working in some kind of PR role for this company and have been searching for this story on the internet, and finding a few forums discussing it. It's no coincidence that you just happened to create an account on this forum in the last two days. It is apparent that you created it specifically to spread propaganda about this news item.

It is a proven fact that many companies are abusing workplace laws in this country. It is likely that your company is also doing so by coercing staff with onerous work arrangements.

It won't last. Oppression never does. Sooner or later they will learn the benefits of joining a union and secure for themselves better working conditions. If you don't like that prospect, stop oppressing them and start offering better conditions now.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 12:44pm

seems pointless pr exercise.  Although if one is paid for it, then sure.

IP Logged

gfresh

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 7:07pm

Bam wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:09am:
gfresh wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 5:25pm:
Secondly, I am 100% sure the facts are true, because I work for Aerocare and I checked it out myself.  In fact I spent most of the day today doing just that.

We can stop reading here.

It is blatantly obvious that you're working in some kind of PR role for this company and have been searching for this story on the internet, and finding a few forums discussing it. It's no coincidence that you just happened to create an account on this forum in the last two days. It is apparent that you created it specifically to spread propaganda about this news item.

It is a proven fact that many companies are abusing workplace laws in this country. It is likely that your company is also doing so by coercing staff with onerous work arrangements.

It won't last. Oppression never does. Sooner or later they will learn the benefits of joining a union and secure for themselves better working conditions. If you don't like that prospect, stop oppressing them and start offering better conditions now.

A few things you got wrong there,

First, I work in IT not PR, you can tell by my crappy spelling and grammar.  Being in IT I have been bombarded all week with request to get  "the facts" from our DB systems ready for Monday, so I actually know them better than anyone.   I would love noting better than to dump the "proof" right here now, but that would be unprofessional and inappropriate (maybe illegal too). 

Secondly, I created this account for a very different purpose, beating up on politicians mostly. 
In fact to be brutally honest I did it to shamelessly promote a new project of mine,  leftwing dot info (sorry, still can't do links).   I have found a new love in life and that is political satire, not much content yet but have only been working on it for a bit over a month.  I particularly like the "Titanic" one Smiley    Check out AusMemes on reddedit, I have been posting there for some time (well before this story broke), but the thread doesn't seem to get much activity, so I plan to do the same here. 

Sarcastic political commentary illustrated by satirical memes, that's me.

Now a forum called OzPolitic seems to be a fairly suitable place for me I would think.  Now you could call that coincidental, but stick around and find out, instead ofdoing what 7:30 did,

Making allegations against ME based on your own OPINION.

I replied to this post because that is what you do when you join forums.   I watched people lie about the company I have worked for for years.  To make matters worse, they did it on a TV show that I had the greatest respect for and that leftwin dot info uses and reference massively.

Now I know its much more fun to be part of a group beating up on a company that is not here to defend its self, so sorry to be the fly in the ointment, but I hate liars and BS , and I will not stand by while the company that I work for is treated like that.

I wouldn't want to work a split shift either, but lying on TV about the company I work for is NOT the way to go about solving the issue.  Your problem is with the federal government, try attacking them.  They made the laws, we just work within them.

This story is more of the calibre of reporting I would expect on A Current Affair.

Typical of ACA stories, they tend to lean heavily on public indignation, because that is what people like to see on TV.  I am surprised I didn't see a reporter chasing someone down the street yelling questions at them.

I repeat, the facts as quoted on the website are 100% correct.

Just as a reminder, the star witness has not worked for our company for 9months, and has never worked a split shift.  In fact all his shifts were either training or buddy shifts. He left (of his own accord) prior to finishing training.  I will also add that his average shift was if I remember correctly 7:15.

The guy may very well loose his job for appearing on TV, but he neglected to mention that he is NOT a current Aerocare employee.  That's what I mean about lying, he is insinuating that big bad us will fire him for speaking out, but we can't because he doesn't work for us.

The other dude who talked about safety, said something like "if someone were to tell me fatigue, I would not be surprised".  So an incident occurred that he was not involved in,  yet he inferred he new about it, and HE made the link to fatigue.  Another half-truth.

This is not a PR exercise, this is an employee who is angry because these people are lying.

Now, you can continue to dismiss what I say, throw something else at me, I am 100% positive I can refute it, as I said, I have fact on my side.

I suggest you forget your bias and indignation and watch the segment again.  Think about what I said and think abut what facts you are seeing.

Should be a fund day Monday, the ABC are coming to the office, hope the ask me some questions Smiley

Also, as I mentioned, watch 7:30 Monday, you will see the CEO interviewed, and will likely see a few more people as well (can't say too much).  I just hope this time they actually ask them direct specific questions instead of just letting them make what ever allegations they want.

IP Logged

gfresh

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 7:53pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 11:49pm:

Just go into relationships and start fight, your post count will rise amazingly fast and you'll be posting links in no time!

lol, that's gold

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:02pm

Quote:
Now a forum called OzPolitic seems to be a fairly suitable place for me I would think.  Now you could call that coincidental, but stick around and find out, instead ofdoing what 7:30 did,

WTF are you talking about?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:58pm

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:18pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:02pm:
Quote:

The poor dude doesn't get much activity in his other threads so came here to get attention. hmm.  Juliar 2.0?

IP Logged

gfresh

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:58am

Quote:

That you seem to have decided who/what I am and you now see your opinion as fact.

I am exactly who I said I am, I am pointing out the irony that apparently you think that your opinion beats my fact.  The same thing that happened in the story, but now on a personal level.

IP Logged

gfresh

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:59am

stunspore wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:18pm:
Quote:

The poor dude doesn't get much activity in his other threads so came here to get attention. hmm.  Juliar 2.0?

Great troll there Juliar, your insight is amazing

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:36am

And again...
Grendel wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 7:26am:
easy fix....  get rid of the split shifts...

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 11:24am

Grendel wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:36am:
And again...
Grendel wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 7:26am:
easy fix....  get rid of the split shifts...

Smiley

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print