Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Perfect storm gathers for the Housing Market (Read 2156 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Perfect storm gathers for the Housing Market
Mar 18th, 2017 at 5:44pm

I have said it before here, the simple unsustainability of the Housing Market particularly in Sydney

And over the last twelve months I have been bewildered as the Sydney Market defied logic ploughing on to ever greater highs

But eventually the pendulum reaches its tipping point and inextricably swings back the other way

Have we reached this point?

There are multiple factors at work right now which could see the mountain crumble

This week NAB Bank led the charge with an Interest rate hike the first rise since 2012..Is this tipping point, the NAB was followed quickly by Westpac with their own rise. Stand by for the other two big banks to fall into line. The reality is that interest rates world wide are moving upwards

Australia is in the bottom 3 countries in the world when it comes to pay rises over the last five years. This hardly matches the skyrocketing house prices in Sydney and elsewhere in the nation

There is a new phrase being coined in the Banking Industry it is called 'loan stress zones' these are areas in suburbs where there is a high incidence of 'loan defaults' occurring. This is not particular to Sydney and all States have them. When I state loan defaulters..the figures run into the thousands. People over stretching themselves to 'get in' to the house loan market

So we have rising rates and trust me, they are predicted to go up as high as 3% in the coming year. For someone with a mortgage of $800,000 this will be cataclysmic

Once home owners start unloading onto the market, it will be like lemmings going to the cliff.  No one with a million dollar property wants to get stuck with it if people start selling big time. The more that do...the more that do

It is a self fulfilling prophecy

When the Sydney market goes it will crash with an almighty thud. No longer will people blindly pay a million dollars for a 2 bedroom fibro hovel

Get ready for the crasharoo of the century

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Perfect storm gathers for the Housing Market
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 5:53pm

Bring it on. I'd love a housing bloodbath

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:23pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 5:53pm:

Yeah, it would give those bloody complaining young uns something to really cry about.

17% plus would be good.

Perhaps then I could get some good interest on my investments.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:25pm

Valkie wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:23pm:

Yeah, it would give those bloody complaining young uns something to really cry about.

17% plus would be good.

17% on 150,000 or 5% on 1.5 million? I know what I'd choose.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:00am

Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:25pm:
Valkie wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:23pm:

17% plus would be good.

17% on 150,000 or 5% on 1.5 million? I know what I'd choose.

Is asset appreciating at 2% or 25%? PA?  Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:01am

Perth should've taught anyone caught in property dreamland what goes up must come down

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:03am

Its time wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:01am:
Perth should've taught anyone caught in property dreamland what goes up must come down

Your housing market is tied to commodity prices.
Sydney housing market is tied to 2000 people per week getting off a plane with bags full of loot.

They're not the same, they're different.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:28am

red baron wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 5:44pm:
I have said it before here, the simple unsustainability of the Housing Market particularly in Sydney

And over the last twelve months I have been bewildered as the Sydney Market defied logic ploughing on to ever greater highs

But eventually the pendulum reaches its tipping point and inextricably swings back the other way

Have we reached this point?

There are multiple factors at work right now which could see the mountain crumble

This week NAB Bank led the charge with an Interest rate hike the first rise since 2012..Is this tipping point, the NAB was followed quickly by Westpac with their own rise. Stand by for the other two big banks to fall into line. The reality is that interest rates world wide are moving upwards

Australia is in the bottom 3 countries in the world when it comes to pay rises over the last five years. This hardly matches the skyrocketing house prices in Sydney and elsewhere in the nation

There is a new phrase being coined in the Banking Industry it is called 'loan stress zones' these are areas in suburbs where there is a high incidence of 'loan defaults' occurring. This is not particular to Sydney and all States have them. When I state loan defaulters..the figures run into the thousands. People over stretching themselves to 'get in' to the house loan market

So we have rising rates and trust me, they are predicted to go up as high as 3% in the coming year. For someone with a mortgage of $800,000 this will be cataclysmic

Once home owners start unloading onto the market, it will be like lemmings going to the cliff.  No one with a million dollar property wants to get stuck with it if people start selling big time. The more that do...the more that do

It is a self fulfilling prophecy

When the Sydney market goes it will crash with an almighty thud. No longer will people blindly pay a million dollars for a 2 bedroom fibro hovel

Get ready for the crasharoo of the century

It won't be a dramatic crash or a burst, more of a faint queef like sound coming from a balloon.

3% will cause some stock turnover and it will knock the cream off the cupcake but so much property has been bought with overseas cash.

IBI

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:29am

You might be interested to know that China has suddenly come down with an almighty boom over citizens sending money out of the Country to invest overseas. The Chinese Government have made a maximum of $10,000 allowed to be sent overseas for investment. They are in the process arresting citizens who contravene this law.

Think overseas Chinese investors might get suddenly thin on the ground

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:16am

red baron wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:29am:
You might be interested to know that China has suddenly come down with an almighty boom over citizens sending money out of the Country to invest overseas. The Chinese Government have made a maximum of $10,000 allowed to be sent overseas for investment. They are in the process arresting citizens who contravene this law.

... unless they are part of or associated with the ruling clique.. in which case a 'government corporation' will invest on behalf of the Chinese people.... all despotic regimes work that way.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:27am

I am sure that house prices will level out in Melbourne & Sydney.

The banks will just find more money to lend to the next investor
to stop any huge crash.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:27am

red baron wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:29am:

The government will try and kick the can down the road any time they sense a fall off in house prices which is why they are talking about first home buyers raiding their own super which of course will have the undesirable effect of increasing prices and feeding the realtor swill. Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:31am

Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:27am:
I am sure that house prices will level out in Melbourne & Sydney.

The banks will just find more money to lend to the next investor
to stop any huge crash.

Yes to keep the ponzi scam going they have to keep finding more and more suckers to lend too in order to pay for the higher costs of borrowing which is why so many mortgages are interest only. Just ask Berni Madoff how it ends Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:41am

a lot of this forum can't seem to get their noggins around the simple fact of SUPPLY AND DEMAND ...

while we continue to flood australia with immigrants and allow foreigners buy up our market prices will continue to rise..

oh.. and lets not forget Negative Gearing on the second hand housing market...

But our useless governments have no answer to job and our GDP apart from the false housing market of which they are creating with the tide of immigrants...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #14 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:41am

The problem is not the amount they can borrow, it is the reality that they haven't  got enough in their pay envelopes to repay the loan

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #15 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:47am

Housing market crashes, Australia will have its own recession and it will be BIG, bigger than 2008 which in retrospect we hardly felt.

Bottom line housing crashes we're farked....!

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #16 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:51am

Ajax wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:47am:
Housing market crashes, Australia will have its own recession and it will be BIG, bigger than 2008 which in retrospect we hardly felt.

People have been saying that the market would crash for 17 years
& it hasn't.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #17 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:00am

Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:51am:

& it hasn't.

The problem is those cants the bankers, the ones above CEO's and boards have deliberately loosened the money supply during a period of low interest rates.

Now of their own backs they have decided to raise interest rates, the RBA hasn't raised the rates, they are doing it of their own backs.

If it crashes and we go into a recession we can all thank our government for giving them free reign to do whatever they want.

They caused the 2008 GFC and they will be responsible for our next recession in Australia all with the blessing of our government who have lost the power to control these hungry maggots with a bottomless pit for a stomach.

NAB and Westpac have raised their rates others will follow and then we have to wait and see what happens next quarter.

Australia needs her OWN commonwealth bank....!!!

It's the only way we can hope to control these parasites.

« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:05am by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:31pm

red baron wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:41am:
The problem is not the amount they can borrow, it is the reality that they haven't  got enough in their pay envelopes to repay the loan

the banks don't care. They are recklessly throwing money at any dump on the market irrespective of the persons ability to pay it back. They know that if they have to repo it then there will be some other sucker willing to go into debt to buy it Sad We've created our own tulip bulb mania Sad
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:38pm by Sir lastnail »  

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:34pm

Ajax wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:00am:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:51am:

& it hasn't.

The problem is those cants the bankers, the ones above CEO's and boards have deliberately loosened the money supply during a period of low interest rates.

Now of their own backs they have decided to raise interest rates, the RBA hasn't raised the rates, they are doing it of their own backs.

If it crashes and we go into a recession we can all thank our government for giving them free reign to do whatever they want.

They caused the 2008 GFC and they will be responsible for our next recession in Australia all with the blessing of our government who have lost the power to control these hungry maggots with a bottomless pit for a stomach.

NAB and Westpac have raised their rates others will follow and then we have to wait and see what happens next quarter.

Australia needs her OWN commonwealth bank....!!!

It's the only way we can hope to control these parasites.

Yes we gave them government guarantee of depositors money during the GFC and then what did they do ? They started doling out money for property deals - the very think that created the GFC in the first place !!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:41pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:31pm:

the banks don't care. They are recklessly throwing money at any dump on the market irrespective of the persons ability to pay it back. They know that if they have to repo it then there will be some other sucker willing to go into debt to buy it Sad We've created our own tulip bulb mania Sad

Hi sir Nail,
the banks have certainly been reckless -
especially the interest only loans to people with small means.
They have created the fundamentals of another GFC
but right here in Australia

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #21 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:45pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:41pm:

Hi sir Nail,

You know a lot about this.  Are you a real estate agent?

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:48pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:45pm:

Hi sir Nail,

I have already told you that I'm not a real estate agent.

forgiven

namaste

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #23 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:50pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:48pm:

Hi sir Nail,

forgiven

namaste

Is there anything wrong with being a real estate agent?

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:13pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:50pm:

Hi sir Nail,

forgiven

namaste

It's what we should have all been doing instead of going to Uni & getting qualifications in science & technology
& other useless professions - in this country.

Real estate agents are all millionaires -
flipping houses is what makes money not science.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:15pm

Hi sir Nail,

forgiven

namaste

Apart from being subhuman there is not a lot wrong with it Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #26 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:38pm

The aspiration of every used car salesman........... Cheesy

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #27 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:01pm

The O.E.C.D. has said that the Housing market in Australia particularly Sydney is over heated. When houses start rising in price more than London and New York you just know there is something rotten in Denmark

This is a house of cards and once the interest rates gallop which IDS predicted this year and has already started with the Big Four leading the charge. Predictions are that that interest rates will rise by 3% this year alone

Once you see places start going on the market at an accelerated rate then it is time to bail. In fact right now is the time to bail because you can still get the big money. Watch what happens when people with big mortgages who can't withstand a 3% rise will capitulate. When that happens the cookie will crumble and the prices will tumble

This year will be the year of the big crasheroo particularly in Sydney where house prices are a sick joke

It is like the Emperors New Clothes suddenly one day soon people will say "hang on...a million for a 50 year old fibro with everything broken and 2 bedrooms"  When that happens the castle will fall

The rising interest rates spell doom for the boom

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:48pm

red baron wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:01pm:
The O.E.C.D. has said that the Housing market in Australia particularly Sydney is over heated. When houses start rising in price more than London and New York you just know there is something rotten in Denmark

This is a house of cards and once the interest rates gallop which IDS predicted this year and has already started with the Big Four leading the charge. Predictions are that that interest rates will rise by 3% this year alone

Once you see places start going on the market at an accelerated rate then it is time to bail. In fact right now is the time to bail because you can still get the big money. Watch what happens when people with big mortgages who can't withstand a 3% rise will capitulate. When that happens the cookie will crumble and the prices will tumble

This year will be the year of the big crasheroo particularly in Sydney where house prices are a sick joke

It is like the Emperors New Clothes suddenly one day soon people will say "hang on...a million for a 50 year old fibro with everything broken and 2 bedrooms"  When that happens the castle will fall

50 year old fibro with everything broken and 2 bedrooms -

They will be OK if that old house is on a reasonable amount of land.
High density housing could mean that they can build a large 2 story
townhouse & make money when they sell it.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #29 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:02pm

People are also forgetting that state and local governments became addicted to ever-rising rates, stamp duty receipts and land tax. If property price crashes, state governments and local governments will face increased budget deficits.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:04pm

red baron wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:01pm:

The government is hatching up a plan to kick the can down the road again or in other words buying some more time. Both sides have consistently meddled in the housing market to keep it propped up at the expense of the people who can at least afford it Sad

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:34pm

In Victoria, stamp duties will be removed for 1st home owner buyer under 600k by July this year.  This was designed to counter the likely glut in Melbourne CBD apartments coming up in 2018/19.  Only time will tell if the market force would be stronger or weaker than government regulation. 

When we talk about real estate, it is pretty much only Melbourne and Sydney is doing all the heavy lifting.  Else where, places like Brisbane is struggling esp with inner city apartments.  WA is not doing well.   Darwin or mining towns boom quickly and bust quickly - its not for the faint hearted investors.  But if you dare to gamble, there are heaps of quick cash to be made with mining towns, but that comes with big risks too.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #32 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:44pm

There is serious talk about a 'land tax' replacing stamp duty. Me thinks the Governments Federal and State are looking for new and inventive ways of punishing those of us who have struggled all our lives to pay our humble homes off.

The Sheriff of Nottingham lives!  Where is Robin Hood when you need him?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:03pm

red baron wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
There is serious talk about a 'land tax' replacing stamp duty. Me thinks the Governments Federal and State are looking for new and inventive ways of punishing those of us who have struggled all our lives to pay our humble homes off.

Government will do nothing which means its tax grab is lessened.  Just move the furniture is all they will do.

I really doubt they'd do away with stamp duty.  It is a really big cash cow.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #34 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:49pm

The Govt. will always think of another way to legally rob you.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #35 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:32pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:49pm:

The only reason crime is illegal is because the Grubberment hates competition.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #36 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:41pm

Valkie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:32pm:

The federal Govt.  is bankrupt -
borrowing $100 M per day without a clue of how to get out of it.
Therefore they go after every penny of tax & make new taxes as well.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #37 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:45pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:41pm:

And yet right there in front of them is all the money they could ever want.
All it would require is for them to get the fair taxes from multinationals, mega rich and business.

OOps, that might impact on their brown paper bags full of money wouldn't it.
Well, they will just have to tax the workers more then.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:47pm

Morriscum and co keep telling us that housing affordability is all about supply and yet everything they do and don't do is about inflating house prices whilst keeping supply tight !!

Quote:
Former Prime Minister Paul Keating warns about using superannuation for housing deposit

Former Prime Minister Paul Keating has issued a warning to the Federal Government about allowing first home buyers to use their super for a deposit. Mr Keating says that only the most reckless and wilful government would abort the superannuation policy settings.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-20/former-prime-minister-paul-keating-warns-a...
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2017 at 10:03pm by Sir lastnail »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #39 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:51pm

Valkie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:45pm:

All it would require is for them to get the fair taxes from multinationals, mega rich and business.

The multinationals would just relocate to wherever the taxes are less.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #40 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:22am

Bobby. wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:51pm:

.. and someone else will come in to take their market share if we exclude them from trading here since they refuse to pay taxes.... time to toughen up on these international thieves of national sovereignty and profitability....

WE will say who can come here and trade by OUR rules.....   Lips Sealed

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #41 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 7:32am

Reduce demand or increase supply

That is all

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #42 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:11am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:22am:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:51pm:

.. and someone else will come in to take their market share if we exclude them from trading here since they refuse to pay taxes.... time to toughen up on these international thieves of national sovereignty and profitability....

WE will say who can come here and trade by OUR rules.....   Lips Sealed

The Grubberment is well within its rights to confiscate any and all assets of any who do not pay their taxes.
Then simply make the company a public owned entity using that organisations own equipment and start producing services and goods at a competitive price.

Just like China

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:35am

Gordon wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 7:32am:

That is all

You can reduce demand and increase supply in one hit by abolishing neg gearing and cap gains tax discounts with no grand fathering ! This will discourage speculators and investors from entering  the market because they will no longer have the financial incentives to borrow more and write off their losses. They may also have to divest themselves of their investments because they can no longer service their loans.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #44 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:40am

Sir lastnail wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:35am:

That is all

You can reduce demand and increase supply in one hit by abolishing neg gearing and cap gains tax discounts with no grand fathering ! This will discourage speculators and investors from entering  the market because they will no longer have the financial incentives to borrow more and write off their losses. They may also have to divest themselves of their investments because they can no longer service their loans.

I buy property with CG in mind and the tax advantage is sfa.

Prices are going bananas in Sydney because there are 2000 people getting off planes every week with bags full of loot.  Lots of buyers with not much stock

Sydney is also one of the best cities in the world.

Create supply or reduce demand or both

IBI

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:49am

Gordon wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:40am:

That is all

Prices are going bananas in Sydney because there are 2000 people getting off planes every week with bags full of loot.  Lots of buyers with not much stock

Let those foreigners buy brand new stock or nothing at all !! It's really quite simple.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #46 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:55am

Sir lastnail wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:49am:

That is all

Let those foreigners buy brand new stock or nothing at all !! It's really quite simple.

Agree but People with PR or newly minted citizenship also buy property for extended family.

I know the action scene in Sydney, it's hectic.
Curries, Chinese,  all buy buy buy

IBI

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 9:34am

Gordon wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:55am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:49am:

That is all

Agree but People with PR or newly minted citizenship also buy property for extended family.

I know the action scene in Sydney, it's hectic.
Curries, Chinese,  all buy buy buy

yes all buy buy with borrowed money. I'm surprised that they can get loans from chinese banks as the chinese government has put a stranglehold on any money leaving the country.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #48 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 7:49am

Yes Sir Last Nail and people are being arrested who try to shipout more than 10K

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #49 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 7:54am

Disagree Bobby 100% of nothing is nothing. There is too much money to be earned to pull out of Australia because you have to taxes.

If Turnbull had the balls to go after the multi nationals and make them pay or else lose their ticket to trade here, they would be reaching for their wallets faster than Billy the Kid

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print