Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Budget cuts to science areas (Read 5491 times)
Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Re: Budget cuts to science areas
Reply #60 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:33am

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 8:13am:
Richdude wrote on Mar 28th, 2017 at 1:41am:
Returning to the subject of free energy.

The suns surface is a plasma - a superconductor, turning in a powerful magnetic field. Sounds like a generator - a self sustaining generator.
93 million miles away and it still has enough power to fry an egg. There is no mechanical input and yet it runs with a uniform output for billions of years - probably much much longer.

Free energy is a hoax?

Seriously.... have you ever studied science???? The sun is a massive nuclear fusion reactor. When its fuel runs out, it will collapse into a neutron start. It is probably not massive enough to form a black hole as many other dead stars have done.

Damn, you are uneducated and ignorant - the perfect Trump supporter.

Your knowledge is no greater that a high school student.

The sun's core is not a fusion reaction - observation does not support that theory. Although we don't know what is happening at the suns core we do know that nuclear reactors are very unstable.
The outer layers of the sun is hottest - progressively getting cooler with depth. The reverse of what you would expect.

Stars range in size from a grain of sand to the size of a basketball - relatively. Yet the same process is common to all suns. Small stars do not have the gravitational pressure to raise temps hot enough to ignite fusion.

Charged particles accelerate away from the sun - again the opposite of what you would expect. Electric discharges deep down in the sun is accompanied by surface arcs of plasma - proof that electricity is abundant.

The sun is a self sustaining dynamo which uses no fuel and is a very good example of a fuel less generator.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 8:05am

Richdude wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:33am:

The suns surface is a plasma - a superconductor, turning in a powerful magnetic field. Sounds like a generator - a self sustaining generator.
93 million miles away and it still has enough power to fry an egg. There is no mechanical input and yet it runs with a uniform output for billions of years - probably much much longer.

Free energy is a hoax?

Seriously.... have you ever studied science???? The sun is a massive nuclear fusion reactor. When its fuel runs out, it will collapse into a neutron start. It is probably not massive enough to form a black hole as many other dead stars have done.

The sun's core is not a fusion reaction - observation does not support that theory. Although we don't know what is happening at the suns core we do know that nuclear reactors are very unstable.
The outer layers of the sun is hottest - progressively getting cooler with depth. The reverse of what you would expect.

Stars range in size from a grain of sand to the size of a basketball - relatively. Yet the same process is common to all suns. Small stars do not have the gravitational pressure to raise temps hot enough to ignite fusion.

Charged particles accelerate away from the sun - again the opposite of what you would expect. Electric discharges deep down in the sun is accompanied by surface arcs of plasma - proof that electricity is abundant.

The sun is a self sustaining dynamo which uses no fuel and is a very good example of a fuel less generator.

you are an ignorant twit. 'observation' might be the only tool you have if you are a second century scientist but here in ther 21st century we know for a FACT that the sun is a helium fuelled fusion reaction that is held together by its enormous gravity - another concept you probably reject.
'
the rest of your post is just more drivel. I should ask tho: do you believe the earth is flat? You sound as if you do.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #62 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:06pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 8:05am:

Free energy is a hoax?

you are an ignorant twit. 'observation' might be the only tool you have if you are a second century scientist but here in ther 21st century we know for a FACT that the sun is a helium fuelled fusion reaction that is held together by its enormous gravity - another concept you probably reject.
'
the rest of your post is just more drivel. I should ask tho: do you believe the earth is flat? You sound as if you do.

The outer layers of the sun is hottest - progressively getting cooler with depth.

Its not true. Its modelled at about 10 milliion degrees celsius at the centre, only about 5000 at surface.

The corona is 1 million degrees, mostly due to magnetic reconnection. AS the magnetic forces change its converted to kinetic energy.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #63 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:13pm

Free energy is a hoax?

'
the rest of your post is just more drivel.
I should ask tho: do you believe the earth is flat? You sound as if you do.

No its really mountainous around here maybe if I lived West of here - I would.

"enormous gravity"  OMG!

Sorry - can't stop laughing - what an idiot this guy is.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #64 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:35pm

I know right, because its actually a hydrogen fuelled fusion reactor.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:05pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:35pm:

That creates helium.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:06pm

Richdude wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:13pm:

Free energy is a hoax?

'
the rest of your post is just more drivel.
I should ask tho: do you believe the earth is flat? You sound as if you do.

No its really mountainous around here maybe if I lived West of here - I would.

"enormous gravity"  OMG!

Sorry - can't stop laughing - what an idiot this guy is.

so you aer basically a flat-earther who doesnt beleive in gravity either?

Wow, you really are dumb.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #67 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:07pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:05pm:

That creates helium.

I wasnt having a dig at you,

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:27pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:07pm:

That creates helium.

I know. I had a seniors moment (not that I am old). But rejecting gravity is classic flat-earther thinking.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #69 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 1:42am

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:27pm:

That creates helium.

I know. I had a seniors moment (not that I am old). But rejecting gravity is classic flat-earther thinking.

Who's rejecting gravity?

Yeah the fusion model of the sun is still taught. But it does not conform with what we know now. Doesn't seem to matter to most scientists.
Dogma and rigid conformity matters.

Some scientists are wasting tens of billions trying to create a fusion reaction. That may reach break even point (input = output) in 20 or so years.
While Fleishman and Pons proved that low energy nuclear reactions were possible at warm temps. They were discredited even though 2,000 independent researches got excess heat and transmutation of elements.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:13am

Richdude wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 1:42am:
longweekend58 wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:27pm:

That creates helium.

Who's rejecting gravity?

Yeah the fusion model of the sun is still taught. But it does not conform with what we know now. Doesn't seem to matter to most scientists.

Some scientists are wasting tens of billions trying to create a fusion reaction. That may reach break even point (input = output) in 20 or so years.
While Fleishman and Pons proved that low energy nuclear reactions were possible at warm temps. They were discredited even though 2,000 independent researches got excess heat and transmutation of elements.

they were discredited because it flat-out DIDNT WORK.

idiot.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #71 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:44am

The dogma thing is crap, the overwhelming majority of scientists would welcome an overturning of an existing model. Even evolutionary theory is up for grabs, but the key point is proof. If theres enough evidence for evolutionary theory being wrong, then its discarded.

You're thinking religion and dogma.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 8:15am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:44am:

The dogma thing is crap, the overwhelming majority of scientists would welcome an overturning of an existing model. Even evolutionary theory is up for grabs, but the key point is proof. If theres enough evidence for evolutionary theory being wrong, then its discarded.

I've heard all this crap before. It is just conspiracy theory and little more.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #73 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 2:28pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 8:15am:

Everything is a conspiracy theory to you. You have no credibility.

What Fleichman and Pons discovered was a breakthrough.
Their discovery was discredited in the press because it worked only rarely. Werner Von Braun rockets were less than successful to begin with.
The fact that "cold fusion" worked at all is incredible.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:05pm

Richdude wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 2:28pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 8:15am:

Everything is a conspiracy theory to you. You have no credibility.

What Fleichman and Pons discovered was a breakthrough.
Their discovery was discredited in the press because it worked only rarely. Werner Von Braun rockets were less than successful to begin with.
The fact that "cold fusion" worked at all is incredible.

it never worked at all. ever. It doesnt work 'rarely'. It doesnt work at all, ever. It isnt as if people didnt try, but if it isnt replicable, then it isnt science.

also, fusion (cold or otherwise) is not 'free energy'.

ignoramous

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print