Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Budget cuts to science areas (Read 5539 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Budget cuts to science areas
Reply #30 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 12:51pm

Richdude wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 12:47pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 12:27pm:
Richdude wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 2:29am:
rhino wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 11:04pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 7:17am:

And Adelaide is also a 'small town' to some. I also have a Science Degree and run a postgrad/post-doc training company along with being highly regarded in an area of psychology.

So your point is what, rich-dude?  We both clearly know more science than you.

And yet you believe in  "miracles"

Adelaide though pretty is one of the most parochial cities in the World - helps explain weekends narrow mindedness.

When I was an Electrical Engineering student we learnt about the great physicists Faraday, Maxwell and others but not a word about Tesla. Apart from his name being a unit of flux density. He gave us radio, AC generators and motors, X-ray machines, lasers, remote control, high power electrical distribution............ 99% of what he claimed came true. Without doubt the greatest physicist and inventor of the 20th century. When he died 2 truckloads of articles, drawings and notes were taken away. Only a fraction was released.

Maybe the World wasn't ready for his ideas. But you gotta wonder what this World would have been like if his ideas were promoted and not suppressed. 

There is a large amount of myth around what Tesla could actually do

Like what Horseman?
Did he not hold 1200 ground breaking patents? The very computer you are using was made possible by him.

For starters the 1200, he actually held only 300. Plus patents don't automatically equal inventions, a lot of patents are merely drawings in the attempt to hold the patent rather than invent anything.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #31 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 12:55pm

Other ones are

Did he create X-rays

Yes, but inadvertantly, didnt realise what he had before the lab he was in burnt down

Did he create radio?

Yes, but he was building on previous research, it wasn't a magical discovery

Did he sit in room with lightning bolts

No, it was a double exposure

Did Tesla cause a field of light bulbs 26 miles away to illuminate wirelessly?

No

Did Tesla create ball lightning?

n fact, Tesla is not known to have ever mentioned ball lightning in any of his writing or speaking, and no record from his time is known to exist stating that he created, demonstrated, or knew about anything that could reasonably be called ball lightning

Did Tesla plan to transmit power world-wide through the sky?

It was his ultimate plan, but the farthest he ever got was the partial construction of his famous tower at Wardenclyffe which was intended for wireless communication across the Atlantic.

Did Tesla invent a Death Ray?

During the final decade of his life, Tesla was essentially penniless and living in a New York hotel, consumed by what we think today was probably obsessive compulsive disorder. It was during this period — and not earlier during his productive laboratory years — that he openly spoke of having built and tested a Death Ray. None of Tesla's lab assistants ever corroborated this, and no papers, prototypes, or evidence have ever surfaced. He gave vague descriptions with only inadequate hints of what type of technology such a weapon might use.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #32 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 12:57pm

Also whilst my computer wouldnt be possible without AC, it also wouldnt be possible without the integrated circuit which wasn't invented until 15 years after Tesla died.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #33 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 1:03pm

And Adelaide is also a 'small town' to some. I also have a Science Degree and run a postgrad/post-doc training company along with being highly regarded in an area of psychology.

Adelaide though pretty is one of the most parochial cities in the World - helps explain weekends narrow mindedness.

When I was an Electrical Engineering student we learnt about the great physicists Faraday, Maxwell and others but not a word about Tesla. Apart from his name being a unit of flux density. He gave us radio, AC generators and motors, X-ray machines, lasers, remote control, high power electrical distribution............ 99% of what he claimed came true. Without doubt the greatest physicist and inventor of the 20th century. When he died 2 truckloads of articles, drawings and notes were taken away. Only a fraction was released.

Maybe the World wasn't ready for his ideas. But you gotta wonder what this World would have been like if his ideas were promoted and not suppressed. 

Like what Horseman?
Did he not hold 1200 ground breaking patents? The very computer you are using was made possible by him.

Unfortunately we will never know about his Pierce Arrow electrically powered car. Reported that the engine was replaced by a 80 HP electric motor and travel up to 90 mph indefinitely.

Given his legacy I think we should take what he has stated  - seriously.

So Horseman what is your standing to dispute what he has done? Huh?

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #34 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 1:06pm

Well essentially evidence. We only have evidence of 300 patents

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla_electric_car_hoax

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 3:04pm

Richdude wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 12:44pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 9:09am:
rhino wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 11:03pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:28pm:
[
FREE ENERGY retard does no exist. Mass-energy cannot be created nor destroyed.  BASIC SCIENCE.
come back to us when you can identify and define every single sub atomic particle which exists.

Already can.  Your point?  Even the higgs boson has been idenitified and proven.

The higgs bosen is a myth for the consumption of dummies. There is no fundamental building block of matter - its all energy.
I'm stagered by your ignorance.

So every (and I do mean every) physicist in the world disagrees but you think you are right???

You are a clown. quarks are the fundamental unit of matter.

idiot.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 3:06pm

Richdude wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 1:03pm:

Like what Horseman?

Unfortunately we will never know about his Pierce Arrow electrically powered car. Reported that the engine was replaced by a 80 HP electric motor and travel up to 90 mph indefinitely.

Your claim to have studied Engineering is very obviously bogus. No formally-trained engineer would make the crap claims that you do. NONE.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #37 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 1:26am

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 3:06pm:

Like what Horseman?

Your claim to have studied Engineering is very obviously bogus. No formally-trained engineer would make the crap claims that you do. NONE.

When overwhelmed weekend uses the tactic of attacking the poster.
  I find it difficult to believe that someone as dull and dead as you could be involved in science - truly amazing. Science is really dead.

I could have added Mech Engineering as well. What I said is 100% true. If you don't believe it that's your problem.

The old saying "liars only perceive liars".

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 7:36am

Richdude wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 1:26am:

Like what Horseman?

I find it difficult to believe that someone as dull and dead as you could be involved in science - truly amazing. Science is really dead.

I could have added Mech Engineering as well. What I said is 100% true. If you don't believe it that's your problem.

anyone who believes in this 'free energy nonsense is untrained in science or has suffered a mental breakdown.  Take your pick.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2017 at 8:31am by longweekend58 »  

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #39 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 10:40pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 7:36am:
Richdude wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 1:26am:

Like what Horseman?

anyone who believes in this 'free energy nonsense is untrained in science or has suffered a mental breakdown.  Take your pick.

No thanks - your choices like yourself are extremely limited.
If you are representative of scientific thinking humanity is in deep trouble.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #40 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 12:16am

Weekend a permanent magnet is an example of free energy. In theory it can do work indefinitely however I have never seen a working example but because a magnetic field can be shielded allowing it to attract and repulse freely - it should be possible. Or is that concept just to "out there" for you?

Of course a magnet is really just a conduit, the power comes from the quantum/void/vacuum.
That should make some of you more imaginative folks think.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 1:56pm

Richdude wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 12:16am:

Weekend a permanent magnet is an example of free energy. In theory it can do work indefinitely however I have never seen a working example but because a magnetic field can be shielded allowing it to attract and repulse freely - it should be possible. Or is that concept just to "out there" for you?

Of course a magnet is really just a conduit, the power comes from the quantum/void/vacuum.

Are you stupid or what? You've never been to university at all. A magnet is not 'free energy'. IN fact, it generates ZERO energy until it is MOVED which requires energy.

You are an idiot.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #42 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 2:26am

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 1:56pm:
Richdude wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 12:16am:

Are you stupid or what? You've never been to university at all. A magnet is not 'free energy'. IN fact, it generates ZERO energy until it is MOVED which requires energy.

You are an idiot.

When a "threatening" idea is posted - weekends first tactic is to allege that the poster has no education. Then when that does not work he uses his claimed psychology to further dismiss. Then to simply call that poster an idiot.

The problem is weekend does not understand what is being presented - he is in fact an idiot. As well as pretending to be something he is not - a fraud.

In fact the computer he is using now uses a neodymium magnet to do work moving the arm on the hard drive.

So can a series of magnets be set to do work? You bet it can.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #43 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 4:34am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 12:55pm:
Other ones are

Did he create X-rays

Yes, but inadvertantly, didnt realise what he had before the lab he was in burnt down

Did he create radio?

Yes, but he was building on previous research, it wasn't a magical discovery

Did he sit in room with lightning bolts

No, it was a double exposure

Did Tesla cause a field of light bulbs 26 miles away to illuminate wirelessly?

No

Did Tesla create ball lightning?

n fact, Tesla is not known to have ever mentioned ball lightning in any of his writing or speaking, and no record from his time is known to exist stating that he created, demonstrated, or knew about anything that could reasonably be called ball lightning

Did Tesla plan to transmit power world-wide through the sky?

It was his ultimate plan, but the farthest he ever got was the partial construction of his famous tower at Wardenclyffe which was intended for wireless communication across the Atlantic.

Did Tesla invent a Death Ray?

During the final decade of his life, Tesla was essentially penniless and living in a New York hotel, consumed by what we think today was probably obsessive compulsive disorder. It was during this period — and not earlier during his productive laboratory years — that he openly spoke of having built and tested a Death Ray. None of Tesla's lab assistants ever corroborated this, and no papers, prototypes, or evidence have ever surfaced. He gave vague descriptions with only inadequate hints of what type of technology such a weapon might use.

So according to you Tesla was overrated and his inventions such as the AC motor, generator and also allowed the transmission of power over distance was irrelevant??

Tesla died penniless - pity he didn't have more business sense to exploit his ideas. If he had kept his 15 cents/kilowatt hour contract.............

As an old man he was quoted "I am not famous now but in the future I will be".
When Einstein was asked by a journo "how does it feel to be the smartest man in the World" He replied "I don't know you would have to ask Nicolas Tesla".

Do you think Einstein might have known a little more than you?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #44 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:48am

7 Suspiciously SUPPRESSED Technologies

Published on Oct 25, 2016

Flying saucers, hyper-drive technology, Thorium energy, there are many technologies which conspiracy theorists claim exist behind a shroud of government or corporate secrecy.

Narration provided by JaM Advertising New Mexico www.tasteofjam.com

Humans have enjoyed running over squirrels and doing drive by's in autonomous motor vehicles for more than a Century now, and we've had electricity for even longer, but it's only in the last few years we've seen these two things come together in a commercially viable manner, with the release of vehicles such as the Nissan Leaf and Elon Musk's Tesla Model S.

The dangers of smoking have been known by cigarette companies for decades now, but at first, this information was withheld from the public or downplayed in seriousness in order to protect their profits.

Strange Mysteries knows its audience, and we're well aware that a good portion of the folks watching us are baked like a potato right now, so let's take that doobie out of your mouth and examine it, to find out why people might want to prevent the use of cannabis and hemp based products so fiercely.

TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, and not totally excellent nipple stimulator, as I personally hoped.

In the days before mobile phones and digital cameras made sweet sweet love to form the smartphone, humans were forced to use film cameras to take their selfies and wiener shots, and these had to be processed down at the chemist, the photo store or your creepy uncle's darkroom.

As the world seeks to free itself from the bondage of fossil fuel reliance, many different energy sources have been explored, have failed, and have been consigned to the realms of science fiction history.

The most controversial entry on this list is undoubtedly this one; the possible suppression of free energy technology developed by Nikola Tesla over a hundred years ago.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print