Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print
10 things you should know about slavery in Austral (Read 6116 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: 10 things you should know about slavery in Austral
Reply #45 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:30am

Thing is, aqua, the Aborigines fell off the track long before the 'welfare state' came into being...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #46 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:34am

How can a culture that was essentially busted out of a 50000 year old time capsule expect to catch up so quickly.

I'm OK with bankrolling them for as long as needed providing results are being obtained

IBI

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:15am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:30am:
Thing is, aqua, the Aborigines fell off the track long before the 'welfare state' came into being...

my personal experience in FNQ and the NT was that a lot were in church missions like Hopevale (which i visited often ) and were really happy, always laughing, lots of positive energy.  I think the older ones thought it was utopia to have some creature comforts and sing and go to church and have all their relatives with them.
and the ones who worked stations were well respected , a bit of larrakin spirit, good natured, good for a practical joke, didnt want much out of life, resilient , thought they were pretty cool.

that was late 60's.

the energy was pretty light, a good positive vibe.

But heres the thing...the self loathing leftie has a very "heavy energy", they dont have a light playful vibe which , i believe , is the aboriginal vibe.  they have dense dark energy, victimhood, complaining, getting angry, emotional, pointing the finger, always upset, cranky and pissed off, think anyone who is successful is taking very scarce resources from them and wont share.

In short, the thinking of the leftie is pretty darn toxic.  and this dark energy , these negatives thought loops...the poor old aborigine just soaked it all up like a sponge.
He didnt have much experience of "thinking", he was much more a "doer".
so its easier to infect his brain with this stuff.

The leftie has a lot to answer for....but they wont...their egos would never admit that 100 billion dollars later and lots of white do -gooders in canberra on the gravy train...they have screwed up a quite simple but very nice people for their own political ends....and for their own ego gratification...shame on them.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:00am

Mothra, introduce terms like slavery and this is the debate you get. Invasion is another.

If you want to build a consensus on this topic, a more constructive way would be to raise the issue of wage compensation for those who had their wages garnered by the Aboriginal Protection Boards. This cause addresses the notion of fair pay for work, a notion engrained in the Australian psyche and one that can't be questioned.

One famous cause was the Wave Hill strike, where the foreign British pastoral company, Vesteys, forced Aborigines off their anscestral lands, poisoned them, fenced off their waterholes, and put them to work mustering cattle. Their living conditions were appalling and the wages were low - if they got paid at all. The Wave Hill Aborigines, under Vincent Lingiari, decided to strike. They held out for years with the support of the union movement. They were finally granted land rights by the Whitlam government. Gough performed the iconic ritual of pouring dirt into Lingiari's hand.

I doubt anyone here would question land rights to hard-working Aboriginal cattlemen. I doubt anyone would say they shouldn't be paid, or shouldn't have the right to strike. Mind you, these arguments were indeed made in the papers in the 1960s and 70s.

Prior to the 67 Referendum, Aborigines were subject to the protection boards. They had no right to travel, had to live where they were told, had to be granted permission to marry, and had their wages put in "trust". Their children could be removed at the whim of the local welfare or police and placed in church-run institutions where they were taught to be farm labourers or domestic servants. In this period, Aborigines were not allowed in pubs. They were denied acccess to public amenities like swimming pools and even shops when white people were present. Aborigines had a legislated lower status that did, in effect, compare to slavery.

But does the comparison help?
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:06am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:20am

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 1:46pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 1:40pm:
Now nincompoops like Mothra are adding slavery to the aborigine saga. The slaves in early Australia were white people you muppet.

Hammer, why are you so intent on embarrassing yourself?

YOU DICK HEAD    Irish orphans an poor white people were ship to Australia  up until 1840

AS WIVES  , farmhands,  labourers     over  500 died  due to shipwrecks   Grin Grin Grin Grin

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:45pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:00am:
Mothra, introduce terms like slavery and this is the debate you get. Invasion is another.

If you want to build a consensus on this topic, a more constructive way would be to raise the issue of wage compensation for those who had their wages garnered by the Aboriginal Protection Boards. This cause addresses the notion of fair pay for work, a notion engrained in the Australian psyche and one that can't be questioned.

One famous cause was the Wave Hill strike, where the foreign British pastoral company, Vesteys, forced Aborigines off their anscestral lands, poisoned them, fenced off their waterholes, and put them to work mustering cattle. Their living conditions were appalling and the wages were low - if they got paid at all. The Wave Hill Aborigines, under Vincent Lingiari, decided to strike. They held out for years with the support of the union movement. They were finally granted land rights by the Whitlam government. Gough performed the iconic ritual of pouring dirt into Lingiari's hand.

I doubt anyone here would question land rights to hard-working Aboriginal cattlemen. I doubt anyone would say they shouldn't be paid, or shouldn't have the right to strike. Mind you, these arguments were indeed made in the papers in the 1960s and 70s.

Prior to the 67 Referendum, Aborigines were subject to the protection boards. They had no right to travel, had to live where they were told, had to be granted permission to marry, and had their wages put in "trust". Their children could be removed at the whim of the local welfare or police and placed in church-run institutions where they were taught to be farm labourers or domestic servants. In this period, Aborigines were not allowed in pubs. They were denied acccess to public amenities like swimming pools and even shops when white people were present. Aborigines had a legislated lower status that did, in effect, compare to slavery.

quite correct.
lefties are masters at symbolism.

gough would have then returned to his intellectual elite clique to have a group wank in air conditioned comfort and left the local aboriginal stockmen and cattle farmers to battle the 45 degree heat and earn some income for australia so he could  buy paintings for the national gallery

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #51 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:05pm

Raven wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:48am:
Valkie wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 3:39pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 3:11pm:
Valkie wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 3:08pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:16pm:
Valkie wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:14pm:
I think we must stop this racial discrimination right now.

From now on, regardless of your race, creed, colour, or religion (CULTS excepted)
everyone MUST be treated EXACTLY the same.

No more "specialized" treatment, one and all EXACTLY the same.
No more "Special" welfare , condition or exceptions.
ALL and EVERY Australian to be given the EXACT same benefits.
The EXACT SAME requirements.
NO more "CULTURAL or RELIGIOUS" dedicated health or welfare.

One law, one welfare and one country for ALL AUSTRALIANS.

How is that for TOTAL fairness for you?

Or do you want "Special" treatment, Racial inequality and Class segregation?

What special treatment do Aboriginal people get?

Oh I don't know, How about
Special Aboriginal medical facilities.
More welfare
Free education.
Government housing with extras, faster than any white Australian.
Special loans
Cultural gimmies
Free land, which they then sell off and waste the money.
Aboriginal only employment (Its culturally significant requirement....bullshite)

Shall I go on and on?????

Lets just make everything EXACTLY the same for EVERY Australian.
Do you have a problem with that??????

You are racist.

You are, as usual, quite wrong.

And you are a liar.
Typical of an apologist I suppose.

your ignorance is staggering

There are Aboriginal only medical facilities where I live, Aboriginal only....

No, it is illegal to turn away those who need immediate medical attention regardless of race.

Aboriginals get a higher welfare payment, I have an Aboriginal friend who is on welfare and its a fact.

Oh you have an Aboriginal friend? Raven was raised by an Aboriginal family and he can tell you they get the exact same welfare payment as every one else. But don't take his word for it look at the Centrelink website. You have absolutely zero evidence to back up your ludicrous claim

Education is not only free, my friend several qualifications all paid for by my taxes, I would have to pay to do them.

Nope. Once again there is zero evidence to support your claim. Raven's brother and sister are still paying off their HECS debt.

Are you aware that Aboriginal housing has several mandatory extras? Well it has dear, Wood fences, not metal, Wool carpet, not nylon fixed heating etc, there are more, but I cant remember them all.

Oops wrong again. Come on mate, show some evidence.

And if you want to be bumped up the list quick smart, just tick Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander and see what happens. That is why they ask.

Again evidence? Raven's sister was on the Territory Housing list for 5 years. Yeah, she was bumped up up real f.ucking quick

Cheap, SPECIAL loans, or are you missing out dearie?

Such as??

Aboriginal cultural centers, buildings and meeting places, all paid for by the Grubberment My taxes. Every town, suburb or city has these, and don't think for a second that they pay for them.

Where? Provide evidence.

They are given land after they get someone else to fight for it of course, which they sell off cheap.
On the Central Coast the local Aboriginal tribe went in with the National parks to get the rights to the peninsular from Soldiers beach to the Entrance.
When the local Grubberment gave them the land, previously owned by everyone, the Aboriginals gave half to the National Parks, who promptly locked it all up. and then sold the rest to a development corporation for quite a few million. They had been trying unsuccessfully for years to get a hold of it.
Now access to the beach along that peninsular is limited.
The Aboriginal group wasted nearly half of the money with nothing to show for it, until an administrator was appointed, which to this day they are still fighting.
This is the normal outcome of many land right claims, sell off the land and waste the money.

So one group sells their land and you say it's the normal outcome?

No point arguing with those who do not see.
I stated facts from personal experience, from Aboriginal friends who used these things.
Unless this has changed in the last 10 years, which I doubt, these statements are true.
I worked for an organisation that repaired and upgraded public housing, I know exactly what the Aboriginal tenants got and exactly what Non-Aboriginal tenants got, so I know for fact.

Oh there are all sorts of hidden agendas, hidden benefits and denial statements that they get more than other Australian, but this is just a lie.
I have seen these things with mine own eyes, I cannot deny the truth.
Again, unless there has been a massive change in the last 10 years, there is the same hidden agenda as there always has been.
Do you deny that the Grubberment has spent billions attempting to "Equalize" Aboriginal health with that of other Australians?
This positive discrimination is only he tip of the iceberg.

You can deny, lie, twist facts or claim all manner of stats, but I know the truth.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:45pm

Once you start taking the "path of least resistance" you slide into lower consciousness.

I live in the NT I cant agree with that statement.

You take the path of least resistance and you survived.

If it gets too hot you sit down and wait, you light up the bush to get an easy kill, you survive.

Aboriginal people survived because they did not fight nature.

Their whole culture is about surviving and doing as little as possible in a harsh environment.

Working like a white man is the most unnatural thing for them. (apart from some of the bludging white men on this site)

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #53 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:46pm

bogarde73 wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 10:19am:
Is this part of a campaign to induce guilt in white people for actions that were carried out in the past?

When can we expect some research from you on the history - past and ongoing - of Muslim slave traders?

Bogarde73 again indulges in misdirection, obfuscation and clouding of issues.

Actions of Muslims are not relevant in the Australian context.

The biggest slaver ever was the British Empire which spread slavery through the world.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:44pm

Indeed .. but all i did was post an article from SBS, foolishly thinking it might open a few minds on what, in living memory, was perpetrated against our Aboriginal brothers and sisters.

I should have known it would just be used as fodder for the racists.

While you make a salient point, do you really think such people can be reached, even without using divisive terms (that, mind you, are not intended to be divisive)?

It seems the word "Aboriginal" is enough to set them off.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:41pm

mothra wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:44pm:

Indeed .. but all i did was post an article from SBS, foolishly thinking it might open a few minds on what, in living memory, was perpetrated against our Aboriginal brothers and sisters.

While you make a salient point, do you really think such people can be reached, even without using divisive terms (that, mind you, are not intended to be divisive)?

Sure I do. Bob Katter is one politician who has attempted to build this bridge. Tony Abbott is another, although in his case, all we saw was his failure to bring his own conservative wing along with him.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:55pm

aquascoot wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:45pm:

No income for Australia,dear. The pastoral company the Wave Hill mob worked for was British.

quite correct.
lefties are masters at symbolism.

gough would have then returned to his intellectual elite clique to have a group wank in air conditioned comfort and left the local aboriginal stockmen and cattle farmers to battle the 45 degree heat and earn some income for australia so he could  buy paintings for the national gallery

Income for Australia? The Vesteys were a British family with holdings throughout South America, Rhodesia and Australia, dear. Prior to the invention of tax havens, their income was consolidated in a private account in London.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #57 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:57pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:41pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:44pm:

Sure I do. Bob Katter is one politician who has attempted to build this bridge. Tony Abbott is another, although in his case, all we saw was his failure to bring his own conservative wing along with him.

Odd fellow that Katter eh? He holds some views that make me chuck yet seems so pragmatic and sensible and sensitive on Indigenous Australians.

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:34pm

He's a politician. Boongs - and their filthy apologists - vote.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:43pm

Biggest piece of Mothball BS yet posted.

The only descendants of actual slave type people in Australia are Kanak people/Kanakas of New Caledonia
and other Pacific Islands.

What was done via wages withheld for Aboriginal workers or stockmen

was done so they would have some money top last/bank
beyond payday.

Aboriginal culture is to share everything including money with extended family.

What happened allowed them to be living in their own houses (despite how they are looked after) and still getting the pension

which they call getting their pay.

Who the smack pays for that Mothballs?

Honestly you urban mega trendy galloptics wouldn't have a bloody clue.

Your forte is disseminating PC BS.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print