Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
10 things you should know about slavery in Austral (Read 6115 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: 10 things you should know about slavery in Austral
Reply #120 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:29pm

rhino wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:26pm:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:56pm:
my daughters experience in India..was the child beggars didnt want food they wanted money....

one of her group of ladies gave a little girl a packet of biscuits and she threw them back at her......

they made it obvious they were only interested in money.
kamahl has her own experience, completely different to everyone else. As if she makes it up.

Ask her about the flat tyre

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:33pm

my daughters experience in India..was the child beggars didnt want food they wanted money....

one of her group of ladies gave a little girl a packet of biscuits and she threw them back at her......

kamahl has her own experience, completely different to everyone else. As if she makes it up.

I know. As if Kamahl didn't live there for a couple of years.

We all make it up, Rhino. Gandhiji and Nehru made up a country.

Try Aquascoot's affirmation, dear. Every day, in every way, things keep getting better and better.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:37pm

mothra wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 10:03am:
Gnads wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:43pm:
Biggest piece of Mothball BS yet posted.

The only descendants of actual slave type people in Australia are Kanak people/Kanakas of New Caledonia
and other Pacific Islands.

What was done via wages withheld for Aboriginal workers or stockmen

was done so they would have some money top last/bank
beyond payday.

Aboriginal culture is to share everything including money with extended family.

What happened allowed them to be living in their own houses (despite how they are looked after) and still getting the pension

which they call getting their pay.

Who the smack pays for that Mothballs?

Honestly you urban mega trendy galloptics wouldn't have a bloody clue.

Your forte is disseminating PC BS.

Do you never tire of being proven wrong?

Queensland class action over unpaid wages for Indigenous people 'setting a national precedent'

Lawyers say a class action in Queensland over unpaid wages to Aboriginal people is setting a national precedent, as dozens more come forward in other states to say they were not paid properly.

Key points:

Qld class action involves 300 Aboriginal people who say they were not paid for years of labour
Government paid people 'miniscule amount' in return for waiving legal rights in 2002
Litigation proceedings will be speedy due to the advanced age of the claimants
More than 300 people are suing the Queensland Government in the Federal Court, which held money in a trust that should have been paid to them as labourers or domestic workers more than half a century ago.

Rebecca Jancauskas, from Shine lawyers, said the class actions first directions hearing this week had revealed that the litigation proceedings would be speedy because of the advanced age of the claimants.

"It was clear that these claims are being taken seriously by federal court bench," she said.

"And proceedings have set the tone for litigation in other states where protectionist legislation was in place and wages were withheld from Indigenous people.

"So what we're doing at Shine is investigating bringing proceedings in other states — including the Northern Territory, Western Australia and NSW."

'We were sometimes paid three pounds'

Violet Perry was 15 years old when she and dozens of other girls were taken from a mission in central New South Wales to become domestic workers in Sydney.

"The welfare board walked in one day and she said to my mother: 'I've got a job for your daughter'," she said.
"My mother nearly screamed the house down, I was crying and I didn't know what to say or do."

Ms Perry worked in homes in Sydney's eastern suburbs for years in the early 1960s.

She said she was "sometimes" paid three pounds a week, but said there were times where she and the other workers would not get paid at all.

"Because we had a room down the back we never asked questions, because they might have done something to us," she said.

Ms Perry, now 71 years old, is one of the dozens of people around Australia who have come forward wanting to be part of the class action.

2002 claimants received a 'fraction of what they were owed'

The Queensland Government did set up a reparations scheme in 2002, but Ms Jancauskas said claimants only received between $2,000 and $7,000 for decades of work as labourers, stockmen or domestic servants.

"The amount they received through the reparations scheme was but a fraction of the money that the Government is holding in trust for them," Ms Jancauskas said.

"Had people received their entitlements through reparations schemes, then there would be no need for litigation to be pursued."

Those who took part in the scheme had to sign a deed of release, stopping them from taking further action.

But Ms Jancauskas said that would not stop them from participating in the litigation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-23/queensland-class-action-over-unpaid-wages-...

Yep the same PC BS as the Stolen Generation.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:40pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:33pm:

I know. As if Kamahl didn't live there for a couple of years.

Of course. You do as I said have your own unique experience, completley different to everyone else. even rickshaws where nobody else sees them. Miam miam

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #124 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:43pm

An Abo finds an old brass bottle in his back yard, gives it a rub, and a genie appears. The genie tells him he can have three wishes.
"I wanna be rich" says the Abo.
"BANG": the back yard fills up with huge chests overflowing with gold coins and jewels.
"I'm no fool" says the Abo, "I wanna be White".
"BANG": he's changed, suddenly he's White, blond-haired and blue-eyed.
"Thirdly, I never want to work another day in my life".
"BANG": he's black again.

A Jew, an Irishman, and a Abo all died on the same day and went to heaven, where they were greeted by Saint Peter. "Good to see you guys, said Saint Peter. "One quick quiz and I'll be able to formally admit you to heaven."
"Just a sec," said the Jew. "Being a Jew, I've had it rough all my life and I'd like to know if I can expect any religious persecution in heaven."
"Certainly not," said Saint Peter. "Spell God."
The Jew does this correctly, and is let in.
"Well, now," says the Irishman, "being Irish, I've been treated terribly, and I'd like to make sure I'm not going to encounter any more of that sort of stuff."
"No way," said Saint Peter. "Spell Jesus."
The Irishman does this correctly, and is let in.
"Saint Peter," said the Abo, "as you can see, I'm black, and I've had to endure a lot of discrimination in my life. Can I expect any more of that in heaven?"
"Of course not," said Saint Peter. "Spell chrysanthemum."

A Jew, a Hindu, and an Abo were travelling together, and as night fell they came to a little country inn. The innkeeper explained apologetically that only two beds were available in the inn but that he would be glad to make up a comfortable cot for the third man in the barn. So the three travellers drew straws, and it fell upon the Jew to sleep in the barn. Just a few minutes later there was a knock on the door, to which the innkeeper responded. "I'm so sorry," explained the Jew, "but there is a pig in the barn, and my
religion forbids me to sleep under the same roof as a pig."
The Hindu had taken the next shortest straw, and so out he went. In a few minutes, though, there was another knock, and the innkeeper opened the door on the Indian fellow. Apologising, the Hindu explained that his religious persuasion forbade him to share shelter with a cow, and there was indeed such a creature in the barn. Finally, out went the Abo to sleep in the barn. A few minutes later, there was yet
another knock on the door, which the innkeeper answered. And there on the doorstep stood the pig and the cow.

A man was bumping over an excuse for a road in his four-wheel-drive, way out past the Black Stump, when he saw an Abo carrying two sheets of corrugated iron and a carton of stubbies.
He stopped to give him a lift, and the Abo chucked the two sheets of corrugated iron and the carton of stubbies in the back of the ute and hopped in beside the driver.
"What the hell are you doing, wandering around the outback with two sheets of corrugated iron and a carton of stubbies?" the driver asked.
"The wife kicked me out," the Abo explained. "We had a court case. She got the kids, and I got the house and contents."

Come On! You, as a REAL Australian, just at least giggle at our humour.  I am sure that the so-called Abos, do.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #125 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 2:43am

Valkie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
No point arguing with those who do not see.
I stated facts from personal experience, from Aboriginal friends who used these things.
Unless this has changed in the last 10 years, which I doubt, these statements are true.
I worked for an organisation that repaired and upgraded public housing, I know exactly what the Aboriginal tenants got and exactly what Non-Aboriginal tenants got, so I know for fact.

Oh there are all sorts of hidden agendas, hidden benefits and denial statements that they get more than other Australian, but this is just a lie.
I have seen these things with mine own eyes, I cannot deny the truth.
Again, unless there has been a massive change in the last 10 years, there is the same hidden agenda as there always has been.
Do you deny that the Grubberment has spent billions attempting to "Equalize" Aboriginal health with that of other Australians?
This positive discrimination is only he tip of the iceberg.

You can deny, lie, twist facts or claim all manner of stats, but I know the truth.

Oh personal experience, things you've seen with your own eyes. What is it they say? Eye witness testimony is the least reliable form of evidence.

You claim to have seen all these things, even go so far as to say the government is covering it up (because a blackfulla getting more money is a state secret)

You sound like a conspiracy nut. Did you know that aboriginal people also get free cars, don't pay rent and get free business class domestic flights?

Sorry Valkie but you have zero knowledge in what aboriginal people are entitled to (hint they get the same as everyone else) your inability to back up your ludicrous claims shows this.

"Personal experience" doesn't fly.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #126 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:18am

11.  It didn't only apply to Blacks - countless early settlers were paid in food and lodging and essentially had no wages from their 'masters'..... such usury is past, and nobody can exploit people that way now (unless they are using 457s - I gi'e you fi' dullah one hour, free food!).....

There are some in this nation who would love to see a return to the good old company store and payment for work in a few handouts.... and absolute control over 'their' serfs....

I say hang ten a week until the rest get the message....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #127 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:15am

Raven wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 2:43am:
I stated facts from personal experience, from Aboriginal friends who used these things.
Unless this has changed in the last 10 years, which I doubt, these statements are true.
I worked for an organisation that repaired and upgraded public housing, I know exactly what the Aboriginal tenants got and exactly what Non-Aboriginal tenants got, so I know for fact.

Oh there are all sorts of hidden agendas, hidden benefits and denial statements that they get more than other Australian, but this is just a lie.
Again, unless there has been a massive change in the last 10 years, there is the same hidden agenda as there always has been.
Do you deny that the Grubberment has spent billions attempting to "Equalize" Aboriginal health with that of other Australians?

You can deny, lie, twist facts or claim all manner of stats, but I know the truth.

Oh personal experience, things you've seen with your own eyes. What is it they say? Eye witness testimony is the least reliable form of evidence.

You claim to have seen all these things, even go so far as to say the government is covering it up (because a blackfulla getting more money is a state secret)

You sound like a conspiracy nut. Did you know that aboriginal people also get free cars, don't pay rent and get free business class domestic flights?

Sorry Valkie but you have zero knowledge in what aboriginal people are entitled to (hint they get the same as everyone else) your inability to back up your ludicrous claims shows this.

Yes I know about the free flights, so they can visit relatives and go back to their land.
Don't know about the free cars, Ill have to check up on that.
WE pay their rent, rental assistance, I already know about as I also know they are paid to go to school.

Its easy to ignore this.

All Im asking is for total and absolute equality.
No special favors.
Why does that get up peoples noses?
Is ity because they might miss out??

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:20am

Valkie wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:15am:

Yes I know about the free flights, so they can visit relatives and go back to their land.

Oh, I see. So you'd know who pays for those flights, right? You'd know whether it's the government or NGOs. Right, Matty?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:59am

Valkie wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 3:08pm:
Oh I don't know, How about
Special Aboriginal medical facilities.
they allow for cultural issues for which mainstream doctors are unprepared for, and there is nothing stopping you from using those services

More welfare
bullsh1t

Free education.
applies to everyone

Government housing with extras, faster than any white Australian.
there are no extras, although there is a dedicated aboriginal housing. Would you rent to an abo? they deal with those sorts of issues.

Special loans
so special they're imaginary

Cultural gimmies
such as?

Free land, which they then sell off and waste the money.
you mean the land that was originally theirs? usually out in the desert or sub desert where no one else wants to live

Aboriginal only employment (Its culturally significant requirement....bullshite)
you'd probably whinge if you had to work with abo's anyway. And race, nationality or gender specific employment isn't limited to abo's

Shall I go on and on?????
please do

Lets just make everything EXACTLY the same for EVERY Australian.
Do you have a problem with that??????

You are racist.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:59am

Valkie wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:15am:

Don't know about the free cars, Ill have to check up on that.
WE pay their rent, rental assistance, I already know about as I also know they are paid to go to school.

Its easy to ignore this.

All Im asking is for total and absolute equality.
No special favors.
Why does that get up peoples noses?
Is ity because they might miss out??

Don't recognise sarcasm, do you Valkie?

Perhaps, because you refuse all evidence contrary to your prejudice, you would like to present us with some proof o this "positive discrimination"?

I'll let you off easy. Qualify one single claim you've made.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 9:10am

sorry to bring this up....[
i think]
but Mr smith used thee term  ABO'S..

where are the screams about racism   and hurt feelings??

just wondering.... Sad

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 9:12am

also wondering Mr Smith  how many places do you rent out to aborigines??>....

are they good tenants ??   isnt it illegal to discriminate against anyone when renting properties...?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 9:24am

cods wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 9:10am:
sorry to bring this up....[
i think]
but Mr smith used thee term  ABO'S..

where are the screams about racism   and hurt feelings??

just wondering.... Sad

Does he say hey all drink? Like you do?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 9:32am

cods wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 9:12am:
also wondering Mr Smith  how many places do you rent out to aborigines??>....

are they good tenants ??   isnt it illegal to discriminate against anyone when renting properties...?

actually, in the time I've been doing it, I've never had one apply that I am aware off.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print