Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Top blokes, totally out of character (Read 9221 times)
Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Top blokes, totally out of character
Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:50am

Read the judgement here.....

http://www.alicespringsnews.com.au/1712rydersentencing.html

I don't recall the case in the media at time the sentence was handed down, however it certainly was at the time Justice Martin was appointed to head up the Royal Commission into Juvenile Detention in the NT (2016 if my memory is correct.)  Thank heavens he did not take up that appointment....

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:53am

cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:46am:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:35am:
cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:28am:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:14am:
cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:09am:
mothra I cannot argue or talk with you..

everything is WAR with you.. I prefer less stress thank you..

I did answer I highlighted the comment you claim I didnt make....

No Cods. It's not all WAR with me.

I just stand my ground.

But i'm not interested in what you think of me .. what do you think of of a judge who lets a bunch of hooligans terrorise Aboriginal people for hours and then kill one refer to them as "good blokes" and give the such pissy little sentences?

Do you have an opinion on that?

there you go...already disagreeing..

its how I see you... not what you think...

but yes I do. but I wont expand because whatever I say you will shoot full of holes...so far you have done that with everything in every single thread I have given an opinion...

mothra... I mean virtually  everything...lets leave it at that....
you see you argue....
I dont want to do that...back and forth.. saying the same thing a dozen different ways  stresses me out..

I have an opinion and so do you.. we do not agree on just about everything...

I dont need an opinion on something that happened 7 years ago... whats the point.. I am more concerned with today..bringing up old wounds doesnt heal anything in my opinion.. its history its set in concrete cannot be changed cannot be undone....I prefer we are better than this judges summing up...and hope we have come a long way since then...

if we are doing that thats all I can hope for...

we sadly have a situation now where the Stolen Generation is doing far more harm.. than it ever did all those years ago...

our future generations are going to have to find a way to live with the history we are creating RIGHT NOW.in 2017

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

There i go again?

I'm standing my ground Cods. I don't agree with you summation of me. I a quite entitled to say so.

Now, have a look back through this thread and see who drew first blood.

Did you ask Gordy why he started a thread on something that happened years ago?

And what the hell do you mean you "don't need to have an opinion on this"?

What the hell are you doing in this thread then?

?????????

\
Oh for crying out loud ... do you ever read what is said to you?

You say you "don't need to have an opinion on this" ... yes?

So what are you doing in this thread if "you don't need to have an opinion on this"?

Trolling me?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:13am

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:35am:
cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:28am:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:14am:
cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:09am:
mothra I cannot argue or talk with you..

everything is WAR with you.. I prefer less stress thank you..

I did answer I highlighted the comment you claim I didnt make....

No Cods. It's not all WAR with me.

I just stand my ground.

But i'm not interested in what you think of me .. what do you think of of a judge who lets a bunch of hooligans terrorise Aboriginal people for hours and then kill one refer to them as "good blokes" and give the such pissy little sentences?

Do you have an opinion on that?

there you go...already disagreeing..

its how I see you... not what you think...

but yes I do. but I wont expand because whatever I say you will shoot full of holes...so far you have done that with everything in every single thread I have given an opinion...

mothra... I mean virtually  everything...lets leave it at that....
you see you argue....
I dont want to do that...back and forth.. saying the same thing a dozen different ways  stresses me out..

I have an opinion and so do you.. we do not agree on just about everything...

I dont need an opinion on something that happened 7 years ago... whats the point.. I am more concerned with today..bringing up old wounds doesnt heal anything in my opinion.. its history its set in concrete cannot be changed cannot be undone....I prefer we are better than this judges summing up...and hope we have come a long way since then...

if we are doing that thats all I can hope for...

we sadly have a situation now where the Stolen Generation is doing far more harm.. than it ever did all those years ago...

our future generations are going to have to find a way to live with the history we are creating RIGHT NOW.in 2017

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

There i go again?

I'm standing my ground Cods. I don't agree with you summation of me. I a quite entitled to say so.

Now, have a look back through this thread and see who drew first blood.

Did you ask Gordy why he started a thread on something that happened years ago?

Firstly, I don't think your posting an old story requires explanation particularly as you're posting it not to discuss the actual story but it's level of interest to the media and public.

However, comparing it to the Punchbowl Public story is not fair as my article was new Yahoo7 on March 16, 2017, 7:15 am and the reason I posted it, and why it was re framed by the media is because it hold fresh relevance with the ongoing Punchbowl High issues.

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:16am

Taking all the sensationalist emotion out of it, an 18 year old got 6 years for manslaughter. Nothing unusual  about that. Thats in par.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:21am

Alinta wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:50am:
Read the judgement here.....

http://www.alicespringsnews.com.au/1712rydersentencing.html

I don't recall the case in the media at time the sentence was handed down, however it certainly was at the time Justice Martin was appointed to head up the Royal Commission into Juvenile Detention in the NT (2016 if my memory is correct.)  Thank heavens he did not take up that appointment....

Thanks Alinta ... and yes, agreed. The fact he was even considered for the job outrages me.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:22am

rhino wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:16am:
Taking all the sensationalist emotion out of it, an 18 year old got 6 years for manslaughter. Nothing unusual  about that. Thats in par.

Seriously? After terrorising Aboriginal people all night:

"Kloeden immediately executed a sudden u-turn. He stopped so close to Ryder that Ryder could grab the bullbar. All four passengers raced out of the car, with Hird the first one out. Without checking the damage to the car, they chased Ryder, who tripped and fell. Confronted with a man ‘lying defenceless and incapable of posing any threat to any of the offenders’, they repeatedly kicked him in the head, and Spears struck his head with a bottle. They told him ‘Don’t bugger with us’.

Swain, who had kicked Ryder in the head twice, noticed he was lying motionless, and that something was plainly wrong. He called out ‘Let’s go’, considering that the most appropriate reaction. They got into the car. Kloeden hadn’t gotten out of the car because he was executing a three-point-turn. Apparently untroubled by what he saw, Kloeden was ‘seen to drive away at a leisurely, normal pace’."

Should be murder.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #21 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:23am

The sentences seem a bit on the light side, but not surprising with the softcock slaps with a wet hanky we regularly see.

What were the ages of the 5 perps? I've opened a few articles and they've all been referred to as boys

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:25am

and the others got 3yrs...I thought the judge was quite scathing in his summing up of what they did...
but maybe thats not important..

a character assassination would have been far better..

a judge today has recommended raising the Juvenile crime age to 21.... as he says the brain isnt fully matured till then... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes just thought I would mention that...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #23 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:27am

cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:25am:

and the others got 3yrs...I thought the judge was quite scathing in his summing up of what they did...

a judge today has recommended raising the Juvenile crime age to 21.... as he says the brain isnt fully matured till then... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes just thought I would mention that...

Crazy, can you link to the that?

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:27am

Gordon wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:23am:

The sentences seem a bit on the light side, but not surprising with the softcock slaps with a wet hanky we regularly see.

What were the ages of the 5 perps? I've opened a few articles and they've all been referred to as boys

I dont know gordy   a man got 6 years for killing a 3 yr old girls setting fire to her body and burying her in the bush... after claiming she had been kidnapped... Cry Cry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:28am

[url][/url]Gordon wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:27am:
cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:25am:

Crazy, can you link to the that?

[urlhttp://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1489791111][/url]

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1489791111

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #26 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:32am

Doing a google news search of the story it seems there was a fair bit of coverage  but I'd suggest any perceived lack is due to eastern centric news desks.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:34am

Gordon wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Doing a google news search of the story it seems there was a fair bit of coverage  but I'd suggest any perceived lack is due to eastern centric news desks.

you cant read DT?>...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:35am

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 7:39am:
Why wasn't this all over the media at the time?

What could possibly excuse this judge?

Are you kidding?

This story was given very big exposure in the media.

It's not because of alcohol that Muslims are before our courts all the time, and it's not because of alcohol that Muslims require several national security policing agencies to keep an eye on them.

Nice try but no cigar.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:36am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:35am:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 7:39am:
Why wasn't this all over the media at the time?

What could possibly excuse this judge?

Are you kidding?

This story was given very big exposure in the media.

It's not because of alcohol that Muslims are before our courts all the time, and it's not because of alcohol that Muslims require several national security policing agencies to keep an eye on them.

Nice try but no cigar.

Muslims?

Are you mixing up your prejudices, Herbie?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Send Topic Print