Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print
Top blokes, totally out of character (Read 9227 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Top blokes, totally out of character
Reply #195 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:33pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 7:39am:
Why wasn't this all over the media at the time?

What could possibly excuse this judge?

Michael Brull, eh? In 2010.  Who else has he been hysterical about recently, one wonders, in New Matilda.....

He's a right Mothra, our Michael.

Anyway, the ABC reported at the time:

Kloeden, Hird and Spears were each sentenced to six years in jail, with a non-parole period of four years.

Mr Ryder's mother, Theresa Ryder, walked out during the sentencing, saying loudly: "Always good on the outside, inside there's racism straight out."

But outside the court, Ms Ryder said she was satisfied, especially after the family of one of the men came to offer their condolences.

"They come up and said they were sorry and comforted me and I appreciate them for doing that to me and it sort of made me feel satisfied.

"I guess I've been waiting for that.

Mr Ryder's sister-in-law, Karen Liddle, said the family is happy with the sentences but there are no winners.

"I feel sad for everybody: us for our loss and also those families too for how foolish those boys were," she said.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #196 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:34pm

cods wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 1:55pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 1:48pm:
Quite the dummy spit, Cods.

So you always do this when you are proven wrong?

which part did I GET WRONG this time? Roll Eyes

Let's narrow this down to what Cods got right. This usually reduces the workload considerably.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #197 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:36pm

Also in the news in 2010:

APRIL 9 2010
Alcohol 'primary cause' of Aboriginal violence
Ari Sharp

INDIGENOUS people are up to
20 times more likely
than the rest of the population to commit violent crime,
according to a new study that finds alcohol is the biggest risk factor.
http://www.smh.com.au/national/alcohol-primary-cause-of-aboriginal-violence-2010...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #198 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:38pm

Alcohol is also the biggest risk factor in pom and closet-pom violent crimes.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #199 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:44pm

Unforgiven wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:34pm:

Let's narrow this down to what Cods got right. This usually reduces the workload considerably.

There was a post in 2010, I believe. I forget what it was about now.

Not oral sex, shurely.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #200 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:46pm

not the bits I got right about you though... sweetheart!   keep those fingers crossed I dont let the cat out of the bag...

just get me riled and BINGO..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #201 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:47pm

Unforgiven wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:38pm:

and blue people with pointed heads..

so I have been told.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:48pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:44pm:

There was a post in 2010, I believe. I forget what it was about now.

Not oral sex, shurely.

no pet   

thats your pet subject   everyone knows that...

in fact did you say you were an authority  .. I am sure it was you!

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #203 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:54pm

cods wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:47pm:

so I have been told.

That just exemplifies Cods' gullibility.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #204 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 6:23pm

Unforgiven wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:54pm:

so I have been told.

not really pet..

its what we gain from your massive posts.

as well as your pic..its not hard to do!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #205 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 6:45pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:30pm:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:23pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:18pm:
Quote:
.did they go in with bats and bottles..

Heavens, no, Cods.  Just a fast moving vehicle running over bodies and beds, their boots and a gun.  Nothing serious like bats and bottles.   You can relax.

oh dear the blank gun you mean.....yeah I am sure rough necks would have used blanks..

ok aussie you win

but you are still the only one to use appalling language when describing these people..

thats is a fact you cannot deny...

even though it is one you try to avoid....in your usual fashion....if I ever see it anywhere else I will always associate it with you..

it sounds like its on a par with the N word in America..

well done aussie for bringing it too our attention. Angry Angry

No need to thank me cods.  Nappy has educated you far more extensively than I as to why the good white people of Australia, refer to these people as 'dirty boongs.'

It's all meant harmlessly, you know.  That's why 18 - 23 year old arseholes get to terrorise them at their Homes......it's all just jolly good fun, you know.  A dirty boong is killed and they'll all be out in a few short years on probation.

As for karnal and what he writes ~ he is the World Champion at ironic sarcasm.  I'm just a first year apprentice.  You'll work it out one day.

What a load of shyte Aussie.

Where is that happening?

I'd say you know naff all about who's terrorising who in their homes.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #206 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 6:49pm

cods wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 6:23pm:

so I have been told.

not really pet..

Gnads, darling, liberate yourself from the wood-shed.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 6:59pm

Raven wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 2:05am:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
thank you for that raven.....sounds a shocker...

I would love to bang the drum to have the case reopened...no child should die without reason....I am appalled   there is now a program on TV regarding unsolved murders...I would be ringing this station and asking them how do they get the case of this child before the public.. Angry Angry Angry Angry

come on raven its not good enough to talk about this on a small forum like this....

look what happened when Gerard Baden Clay has his charge down graded.. its was NOISE raven   just angry NOISE>.

it doesnt matter to me the boy was aboriginal.. it matters he is dead.. just like Daniel....a wicked crime was done...... did you say a community of  800 people.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

It is just noise and it's not enough to talk about it on small forums, which is why Raven has spent his adult life bringing these issues to people's attention, but the apathy remains.

When white children go missing we rally, when aboriginal children go missing we turn away.

Back in 2014 a red-headed, freckled-faced 11-year-old girl was, thankfully, found safe and sound in a stranger’s house after disappearing from her family home in Bondi.

Michelle Levy had reportedly run away from her family after a fight over a chocolate. In the two days she was missing, her face dominated social media, and found its way into mainstream media as well.

Around 1,000 volunteers mobilised to help search for the girl. People dropped whatever they were doing and joined in. There was something about this case that touched people in a very real way and they reached out to help.

When children go missing, you would hope this is always the sort of response. But the awful truth is that the disappearance of a child doesn’t always garner such attention. We may all be created equal, but in the eyes of the Australian community – and in particular the Australian media – some children are more equal than others, and more worthy of media attention.

The difference is their race, and their financial circumstances.

Three Aboriginal children were murdered from the same mission between 1990 and 1991, and despite there being overwhelming evidence pointing to one person – a non-Indigenous man – he has never been convicted.

In the first crucial days of the kids’ disappearances, they were completely ignored by local police, who told parents that their children had probably gone ‘walkabout’.

In fact, Colleen’s mother, Muriel Craig-Walker, was questioned by police about whether or not she was, in fact, Colleen’s mother, and whether Colleen was even Aboriginal, given her fair complexion.

The only other contact Muriel ever received from police in the original investigation was a phone call weeks after Colleen’s disappearance, to inform her that her daughter had been found on a bus on the way to Brisbane. When Muriel rushed to the police station, she was told it was a case of mistaken identity – the Colleen Walker on the bus was an elderly white nun.

Clinton Speedy-Duroux’s father, Thomas, was told by NSW Attorney General Greg Smith that it was time he got counselling and moved on, but only after Smith first mistakenly called him by the alleged killer’s name.

The families had to protest outside the police station in 1991 simply to get investigators to take notice. Furious about the lack of action, Colleen’s aunty, Elaine Walker asked the local police inspector Bob Moore why he didn’t listen to the community when they gave him information about the killer’s identity.

Inspector Moore’s response was that “you people” had to work with police in solving the crime.

It's this level of apathy that these families have had fight against for 27 years. Raven witnessed one protest in Macquarie Street as people strode through banners with Justice for Bowravill and listening to people yell out "get a job."

So why didn’t Bowraville receive the same level of attention as other cases?

The reason can be found in the testimony of Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, who headed the second investigation into the case in 1997. Jubelin brought to the case 20 years experience investigating homicides, and he says the Bowraville story can’t be told without mentioning one word: Racism.

He told the parliamentary inquiry in 2014

Quote:
I have been investigating crimes for 20 years and I am still shocked by the lack of interest that has been shown in this matter. We have a serial killer and three children were murdered. It has been heartbreaking to see the families suffering. The only time they seem to get things happening is when they attract the media’s attention or when they publicly protest. That is very unfortunate.

The families know the reason. The families told me the reason when I first met them in 1997. They said ‘it’s because we’re Aboriginal’.

At the time when I met the families I did not believe them. Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is, having worked with the families now for the past 18 years, I think they identified the problem.

It is all very nice for society to say that all victims are treated equally. I do not think that is entirely correct.

I am a homicide detective; I am not a do-gooder or a bleeding heart. However race, and to a lesser degree, socioeconomic factors have impacted on the manner in which these matters have been investigated.

Surely you jest?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #208 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 7:00pm

Unforgiven wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 6:49pm:
cods wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 6:23pm:

so I have been told.

not really pet..

Gnads, darling, liberate yourself from the wood-shed.

I'd say liberate yourself from the Gin bottle you ol' cupboard lush

you responded with the wrong quote/post.  Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #209 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 7:43pm

Gnads wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 6:45pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:30pm:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:23pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:18pm:
Quote:
.did they go in with bats and bottles..

Heavens, no, Cods.  Just a fast moving vehicle running over bodies and beds, their boots and a gun.  Nothing serious like bats and bottles.   You can relax.

oh dear the blank gun you mean.....yeah I am sure rough necks would have used blanks..

ok aussie you win

but you are still the only one to use appalling language when describing these people..

thats is a fact you cannot deny...

even though it is one you try to avoid....in your usual fashion....if I ever see it anywhere else I will always associate it with you..

it sounds like its on a par with the N word in America..

well done aussie for bringing it too our attention. Angry Angry

No need to thank me cods.  Nappy has educated you far more extensively than I as to why the good white people of Australia, refer to these people as 'dirty boongs.'

It's all meant harmlessly, you know.  That's why 18 - 23 year old arseholes get to terrorise them at their Homes......it's all just jolly good fun, you know.  A dirty boong is killed and they'll all be out in a few short years on probation.

As for karnal and what he writes ~ he is the World Champion at ironic sarcasm.  I'm just a first year apprentice.  You'll work it out one day.

What a load of shyte Aussie.

Where is that happening?

I'd say you know naff all about who's terrorising who in their homes.

Ima glad you asked.  It is the incident under discussion.....initiated by the OP.  I recommend you read a Thread before posting as though nothing happened before your magnificence turned up.

Link.

Go Gnads, you bloody bewdy!!!!

Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:14pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print