Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Top blokes, totally out of character (Read 9224 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Top blokes, totally out of character
Reply #150 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:57pm

mothra wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
This is a good report investigating disparity between Indigenous and non-indigenous offenders:

http://www.criminologyresearchcouncil.gov.au/reports/1213/11-0910-FinalReport.pd...

- Raven

Thanks for the link. I've read similar reports but this is an excellent resource.

Good luck getting anyone on here to read it though.

?????

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #151 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:59pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:52pm:
cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 7:58am:
how do you know it wasnt????...all over the media in 2009/10???????..

for what reason are you bringing it up now?....it happened 7 years ago.

its horrible stuff...but talking about why wasnt it all over the media wont change that...

gandy may have a point...but if its racism you are looking at,. may I suggest you contact the Judge...

It was all over the media at the time Cods.

Let's see some links then.  Should be easy, Jones ~ given you claim it was 'all over the media at the time.'

I'm reading the articles in said links atm.

Interesting stuff.

While I continue reading....how about you:

1. Clean your sewer

and

2. Google these links yourself

Thanks  Wink

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:59pm

4 Corners doesnt get much more exposure than that I am sure..

so far I havent seen anyone offer any advice on getting this story reopened by the police..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

am I the only one that thinks thats a good idea?>

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #153 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:03pm

Quote:
I'm reading the articles in said links atm.

Great.  Let's see 'em.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #154 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:20pm

This is a good report investigating disparity between Indigenous and non-indigenous offenders:

http://www.criminologyresearchcouncil.gov.au/reports/1213/11-0910-FinalReport.pd...

- Raven

Thanks for the link. I've read similar reports but this is an excellent resource.

You can lead a horse to water........as the saying goes.....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #155 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:21pm

Alinta wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:20pm:

- Raven

thanks alinta... Sad

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:22pm

- Raven

Indeed. Even copy and pasting it in doesn't help much of the time.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #157 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:25pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:21pm:

- Raven

thanks alinta... Sad

Why sad face Cods??????/

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:26pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:21pm:

- Raven

thanks alinta... Sad

Why on god's green earth would you take that personally?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #159 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:57pm

Cods, this....

Link.

...and page 9 of the same Thread shows you where these pricks get their attitudes from.....that is, adult people like Nappy and those who think those 'jokes' reflect what we are.  On the other hand, maybe it does show what some of us are...people who regard Aboriginals as just dirty boongs they are at liberty to do with as they please.

Nah.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 8:48pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:57pm:
Cods, this....

Link.

...and page 9 of the same Thread shows you where these pricks get their attitudes from.....that is, adult people like Nappy and those who think those 'jokes' reflect what we are.  On the other hand, maybe it does show what some of us are...people who regard Aboriginals as just dirty boongs they are at liberty to do with as they please.

Nah.

speaking only for myself..

I gave up living in the past years ago.. it happened when I realised nothing in gods world will change what happened all I can do is try to stop it happening again..

today I sign all sort of petitions that come through my email....I am not in legal or govt and have no way whatever of changing anything other than signing for what I believe in...a fair go for everyone..

as for these young men being brought up to hate no I dont think so...yes they picked on weak victims...and I am more than sorry to read of that....did they go in with bats and bottles... not that I know of...which is the usual weapon of choice when its hate rage..

I asked raven to give me an idea what he meant when talking about injustice.. and he did with links.. which I READ.. with great interest and if you are interested you may have read my reply to him...

for me this isnt about black v white I want us to get over that....I dont want to rubbish this country any more its been very very good to me....yes there are some rough people out there and yes there are many mistakes made.. we a re all human..

I dont believe in calling any 18 yr olds all the names under the sun.....thats all!!! if that makes me a bad person so be it!

dont bring other people into something they have taken no part in whatever....

ask karnal about his form of jokes that try to take every serious thread down to the lowest point,...

if you are taking a dig at myself with that line about page 9.. where I have posted...then I would appreciate you putting it all up so I know what you are POINTING at...thank you...

what people regard aboriginals on here as dirty.filthy boogns.

as I pointed out to you I have never seen that word before you mentioned. it..

and I pretty sure I have never seen it here or PA...

you are the only to talk like that..... Angry

I am not sure fd would put up with it either...

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 8:59pm

You might have given up living, sweetheart, but never give up loving.

You have your sleeper and a nice lie down.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2017 at 10:23pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #162 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:14pm

- Raven

that article backs up my statement that aboriginal offenders are dealt with more leniently by the courts simply because they are aboriginal
Quote:
Second, community and political constraints may place pressure on judges to reduce sentence
severity for Indigenous defendants. In particular, the Royal Commission into Aboriginal
Deaths in Custody (1991) is likely to have sensitised Australian courts to the marginalised
position of Indigenous Australians and the impact of Indigenous over-representation in
imprisonment on Indigenous communities. In particular, the Royal Commission argued that
“the powers and decisions of sentencing courts present considerable opportunity for reducing
the numbers of Aboriginal people in custody” (1991, Chapter 2, recommendation 92). As
noted by Anthony (2010: 1), “when sentencing Indigenous offenders, courts in Australia …
do their work in the knowledge that the rates of Indigenous imprisonment are much higher
than the rates for the community as a whole”.
There have been subsequent developments in sentencing law that suggest Indigeneity could
act as a mitigating factor in sentencing. In at least three Australian jurisdictions (South
Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Queensland), sentencing legislation allows
consideration be given to the cultural background of defendants. Further, recent precedent
exists in case law for factors associated with offenders’ Indigenous status (e.g. associated
disadvantage) and Indigeneity itself (e.g. historical legacy of colonisation) to mitigate
sentencing (see discussions by Edney, 2003; Edney and Bagaric, 2007: 246; Anthony, 2010).
In addition, a number of Australian jurisdictions have developed alternative ways of
sentencing Indigenous offenders (including Indigenous and circle sentencing courts) which
seek to acknowledge the differential needs of Indigenous defendants (Harris, 2006; Jeffries
and Bond, 2009: 54). Therefore, we might expect to find evidence of Indigenous sentencing
leniency (i.e. positive discrimination) because there is likely to be judicial recognition of the
marginalised status of Indigenous defendants, connected to broader societal concerns
regarding the ‘plight’ of Indigenous peoples as a colonised group within the criminal justice
system (Jeffries and Bond, 2009; Jeffries and Bond, 2010a; Bond and Jeffries, 2011a; Bond

Thanks for that.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #163 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:18pm

Quote:
.did they go in with bats and bottles..

Heavens, no, Cods.  Just a fast moving vehicle running over bodies and beds, their boots and a gun.  Nothing serious like bats and bottles.   You can relax.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:19pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 8:59pm:
You might have given up living, sweetheart, but never give up loving.

,whos given up living.???...

if you tried to be serious once in a while people might even be interested in what you have to say..

as it is!.........................

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Send Topic Print