Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Top blokes, totally out of character (Read 9362 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Top blokes, totally out of character
Reply #135 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:48am

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:29am:
Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 8:06am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:09am:
Get over it, Gordon. As Cods points out, it was only a mistake.

You never give up on your kids. Never.

Unless they're a dirty Boong.

What if they're a clean one?

They're rare. You should know - you pashed one once.

Have you ever pashed or something given an aboriginal a handjob? I call into question your commitment to race relations.

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:02am

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:48am:

Have you ever pashed or something given an aboriginal a handjob? I call into question your commitment to race relations.

I'm nowhere near as inclusive as you, dear.

And don't forget - you're intact as well.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #137 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:15am

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:02am:
Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:48am:

I'm nowhere near as inclusive as you, dear.

And don't forget - you're intact as well.

Am I? Why won't you tell me about Fairfield?

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:27am

Fairfield, 29 km from the Sydney CBD. Sister-city of Furstenfeldbruck, Germany. Developed through land-grants to returned veterans of the Great War. Home of the endangered bird-billed frog, which breeds on the banks of the Georges River, near Lansvale. LGA: Fairfield City Council. Home to Gough Whitlam (deceased), Jon English (deceased, and the electrical retailer, Bing Lee.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #139 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:41am

Setanta wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:36am:
Raven wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:30am:
Poor sentencing has always been a problem.

A 9 year old Aboriginal boy was killed while riding his bike in a hit and run. The driver had a history of meth use and his sister told police he "appeared high" on the day in question.

He received an 18 month suspended sentence and 6 months home detention.

Was it on purpose Raven? People make mistakes but there are mistakes and mistakes. People that would purposely go looking for abos to scare and drive at, run over are at the level of people who would torture animals for enjoyment. I'd feel so very failed as a parent to have them as my kids and would wish their whole sentence carried out. Something like that is not out of the blue.

Yes people make mistakes. He killed a 9 year old boy, fled the scene and tried to hide the damage to his car. For this he got an 18 month suspended sentence.

Melbourne July 30 2016 a man kills a woman with his car and flees the scene, sentenced to 11 years.

Darwin December 31 2015 hit and run, 5 years.

Adelaide December 2013 another driver under the influence of drugs kills a cyclist in a hit and run, 5 years.

Victoria November 26 2013 another cyclist killed in hit and run, driver sentenced to 11 years.

These people received more jail time then the men who brutally murdered an Aboriginal man and terrorised a group of aboriginal people minding their own business.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:00pm

Boys will be boys, dear.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:48pm

Raven wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:41am:

A 9 year old Aboriginal boy was killed while riding his bike in a hit and run. The driver had a history of meth use and his sister told police he "appeared high" on the day in question.

Was it on purpose Raven? People make mistakes but there are mistakes and mistakes. People that would purposely go looking for abos to scare and drive at, run over are at the level of people who would torture animals for enjoyment. I'd feel so very failed as a parent to have them as my kids and would wish their whole sentence carried out. Something like that is not out of the blue.

Yes people make mistakes. He killed a 9 year old boy, fled the scene and tried to hide the damage to his car. For this he got an 18 month suspended sentence.

Melbourne July 30 2016 a man kills a woman with his car and flees the scene, sentenced to 11 years.

Adelaide December 2013 another driver under the influence of drugs kills a cyclist in a hit and run, 5 years.

Victoria November 26 2013 another cyclist killed in hit and run, driver sentenced to 11 years.

These people received more jail time then the men who brutally murdered an Aboriginal man and terrorised a group of aboriginal people minding their own business.

raven they are all different States each State has its own sentencing laws...

I know I put my hand up many times when I see the sentences being dished out....but the thing is we can protest... you can protest..to  the DPP

http://www.odpp.nsw.gov.au/

it is up to them whether to appeal a sentencing.. but its worth a try..

no good telling us about it.. we cant do a thing...

the rules have to be changed....was it a Police car that hit the boy??...from memory this is what made the difference.... yes very sad mate but nothing will change and bring him back....

have you any cases where a black man has killed  more or less the same as a white but his sentencing has been larger????????...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #142 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:09pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:27am:
Fairfield, 29 km from the Sydney CBD. Sister-city of Furstenfeldbruck, Germany. Developed through land-grants to returned veterans of the Great War. Home of the endangered bird-billed frog, which breeds on the banks of the Georges River, near Lansvale. LGA: Fairfield City Council. Home to Gough Whitlam (deceased), Jon English (deceased, and the electrical retailer, Bing Lee.

1/10.
You've failed to impart any personal experience and it looks like you've plagiarised from the internet.

Just this once, I'll give you the opportunity for a re-do.

Can I suggest you rewrite it more in the same style of your piece about the city where Aussie touched an Indian elephant.

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:23pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:59am:
rhino wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:28am:
Boong is slang for 'abang" , malay or indonesion for "brother"

Take your apologist krap back to Bali, Rhino.

Cods and I aren't too fond of race-traitors.

yeah i know, you look stupid now.  Wink

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #144 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:39pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:48pm:
Raven wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:41am:

the rules have to be changed....was it a Police car that hit the boy??...from memory this is what made the difference.... yes very sad mate but nothing will change and bring him back....

have you any cases where a black man has killed  more or less the same as a white but his sentencing has been larger????????...

Cods it wasn't a police car that killed the boy, it was a man with a history of meth abuse. His sister told police that her brother looked high before he got in the car but because he fled the scene this was unable to be ascertained.

In Australia, there has recently been a proliferation of studies in the area of Indigenous sentencing disparities. However, there have only been three prior investigations of Aboriginality and sentencing in Australia’s lower courts.

This is a good report investigating disparity between Indigenous and non-indigenous offenders

There does appear to be however apathy on behalf of non-indigenous people towards indigenous victims of crime.

There was a case in 2007 where an 8 year old Aboriginal boy went missing from a small town called Borroloola in the NT. Two days after his disappearance his shirtless body was found in a muddy creek less than a kilometre from where he lived.

Police rapidly concluded he wondered off alone, slipped and hit his head and accidentally drowned. How they came to this conclusion remains unclear.

They ignored evidence of footprints showing a child and adult walking in the direction of the creek.

They failed to show the family a shirt found near the creek.

But most importantly they ignored evidence of rocks in his pockets to weigh him down and a large rock that was on his chest to keep him under the water.

Not only that they also threw out potentially crucial evidence gathered when the body was discovered without forensically testing it.

For three years police failed to investigate a possible killer in the town of 800 people.

Even after the Coroner reopened the the investigation and savaged the police in his final report there was no community outrage at gross negligence of the investigators.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:51pm

rhino wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:23pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:59am:
rhino wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:28am:
Boong is slang for 'abang" , malay or indonesion for "brother"

Take your apologist krap back to Bali, Rhino.

Cods and I aren't too fond of race-traitors.

yeah i know, you look stupid now.  Wink

I dont like being called a racist for having an opinion 

some people throw the word around as if its confetti...sadly they do it no favours..

making jokes of it doesnt do it for me either.. I find it best to ignore.

.Raven wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
Cods it wasn't a police car that killed the boy, it was a man with a history of meth abuse. His sister told police that her brother looked high before he got in the car but because he fled the scene this was unable to be ascertained.

In Australia, there has recently been a proliferation of studies in the area of Indigenous sentencing disparities. However, there have only been three prior investigations of Aboriginality and sentencing in Australia’s lower courts.

This is a good report investigating disparity between Indigenous and non-indigenous offenders

There does appear to be however apathy on behalf of non-indigenous people towards indigenous victims of crime.

There was a case in 2007 where an 8 year old Aboriginal boy went missing from a small town called Borroloola in the NT. Two days after his disappearance his shirtless body was found in a muddy creek less than a kilometre from where he lived.

Police rapidly concluded he wondered off alone, slipped and hit his head and accidentally drowned. How they came to this conclusion remains unclear.

They ignored evidence of footprints showing a child and adult walking in the direction of the creek.

They failed to show the family a shirt found near the creek.

But most importantly they ignored evidence of rocks in his pockets to weigh him down and a large rock that was on his chest to keep him under the water.

Not only that they also threw out potentially crucial evidence gathered when the body was discovered without forensically testing it.

For three years police failed to investigate a possible killer in the town of 800 people.

Even after the Coroner reopened the the investigation and savaged the police in his final report there was no community outrage at gross negligence of the investigator

thank you for that raven.....sounds a shocker...

I would love to bang the drum to have the case reopened...no child should die without reason....I am appalled   there is now a program on TV regarding unsolved murders...I would be ringing this station and asking them how do they get the case of this child before the public.. Angry Angry Angry Angry

come on raven its not good enough to talk about this on a small forum like this....

look what happened when Gerard Baden Clay has his charge down graded.. its was NOISE raven   just angry NOISE>.

it doesnt matter to me the boy was aboriginal.. it matters he is dead.. just like Daniel....a wicked crime was done...... did you say a community of  800 people.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:48pm

This is a good report investigating disparity between Indigenous and non-indigenous offenders:

http://www.criminologyresearchcouncil.gov.au/reports/1213/11-0910-FinalReport.pd...

- Raven

Thanks for the link. I've read similar reports but this is an excellent resource.

Good luck getting anyone on here to read it though.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #147 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:52pm

cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 7:58am:
how do you know it wasnt????...all over the media in 2009/10???????..

for what reason are you bringing it up now?....it happened 7 years ago.

its horrible stuff...but talking about why wasnt it all over the media wont change that...

gandy may have a point...but if its racism you are looking at,. may I suggest you contact the Judge...

It was all over the media at the time Cods.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #148 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:54pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:52pm:
cods wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 7:58am:
how do you know it wasnt????...all over the media in 2009/10???????..

for what reason are you bringing it up now?....it happened 7 years ago.

its horrible stuff...but talking about why wasnt it all over the media wont change that...

gandy may have a point...but if its racism you are looking at,. may I suggest you contact the Judge...

It was all over the media at the time Cods.

Let's see some links then.  Should be easy, Jones ~ given you claim it was 'all over the media at the time.'

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #149 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:56pm

"There was a case in 2007 where an 8 year old Aboriginal boy went missing from a small town called Borroloola in the NT. Two days after his disappearance his shirtless body was found in a muddy creek less than a kilometre from where he lived."

Yes Raven, "Little Boy Lost"......

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2014/02/24/3948892.htm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Send Topic Print