Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Top blokes, totally out of character (Read 9230 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Top blokes, totally out of character
Reply #105 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:12pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:34pm:
Why do you have to be spoon fed explanations for the most simple and obvious?

If you did not live as a kid, like I did, where aboriginals were many ... you'd not know.  My parents drilled respect for them into me.  The parents of other kids did the opposite.

bull shite.. if your parents did that no way would you use words like that.. just to make a point.. no way at all...I am over you aussie....you forget yourself so many times... you cant disappear these threads so its there for ever more...

you think patronising me as is your wont.. will shut me down.. and believe your twaddle..

not any more I am like all your mates at PA>. disgusted....

admit you were wrong... admit it.. but your wont...

I have no respect left for you  aussie none at all.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #106 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:23pm

From the judgement:

Quote:
some of the offenders yelled abuse at the Aboriginal occupants of that camp.

Gee cods, I wonder what that abuse was?

Quote:
Words were exchanged with the Aboriginal occupants of the camp.

An exchange of recipes not doubt.

Quote:
Abuse was yelled at Aboriginal persons camped north of the Schwarz Crescent causeway.

Abuse, hey.  Wonder what the words were, cods?  Care to guess?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #107 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:27pm

cods wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:12pm:

If you did not live as a kid, like I did, where aboriginals were many ... you'd not know.  My parents drilled respect for them into me.  The parents of other kids did the opposite.

bull shite.. if your parents did that no way would you use words like that.. just to make a point.. no way at all...I am over you aussie....you forget yourself so many times... you cant disappear these threads so its there for ever more...

you think patronising me as is your wont.. will shut me down.. and believe your twaddle..

Gawd you make it so hard to take you seriously.  Fair dinkum.  Go down to the Pub on Saturday night and listen to the language used by the white drunks when Aboriginals are being discussed.

Read:

Link.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #108 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:29pm

cods wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
Alinta wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:38am:
That expression does not appear in the judgement Cods.

In a nutshell, the part that galls me the most is that Justice Martin concedes racial motivation, lists aggravating factors, then overly (my opinion only) relies upon character references in passing sentence. I accept reduction for the guilty plea, but overall, too light.

what would have been fair seeing as how they pled guilty..???

the judge said he would have given them the higher sentence other wise..

sorry alinta... but look what they did in the Baden Clay trial..

they even blackened her name..... try to say she caused all the problems in the marriage.. it was terrible..

yet aussie never complained about that..

I am talking about aussies attitude alinta...

n ot the judges...

go back and read what he says if he had been the prosecutor.... he just stopped short of hanging them...

do you agree with that attitude.???>..for 18 yr olds... one at least put his hand up....he was the worst of a bad lot...

the op I believe is complaining about the judges summing up....

are judges not allowed to mention character or behavior

Absolutely Cods........but it's my opinion that Justice Martin gave it overly favourable weight in respect of sentence.....that opinion may be incorrect, nevertheless that is how I see it.

At the end of the day though, they pleaded guilty, were convicted and sentenced. Whether or not the sentence appears to me lenient is irrelevant........they'll serve their time and be released, but they will always carry a manslaughter conviction.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #109 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:16pm

Thread has now probably run its course.

Details of the Committal Hearing are scant but this sheds some light on at least part of what was said..

"In evidence given to the Committal proceeding in the Alice Springs Magistrate's Court in December 2009, one of the campers told the Court that the "words exchanged" included "You black nice people - bugger off out of this Todd River" and "Get out of the Todd River, you motherbuggerers".."

guess I should have known I couldn't post what was really said!!!!!

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:08pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:43pm:
Sorry Karnal.   You are right.....dirty boongs it is.

Do you reckon cods will understand the metaphor?  Perhaps if you ask her, it might be better than if I do.

No worries.

I say, Cods, do you think calling a decent white person a wanker is preferable to calling some drunken Abo a filthy Boong?

A simple yes or no will suffice, dear.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:30pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:27pm:

Gawd you make it so hard to take you seriously.  Fair dinkum.  Go down to the Pub on Saturday night and listen to the language used by the white drunks when Aboriginals are being discussed.

Read:

Link.

no mate I am reading what you say..

and thats who i am disgusted with...

you are a piece of work.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:33pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 10:51pm:
rhino wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 1:11pm:
rhino wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 10:02am:
What do you want Mothra, all their old lives are gone, demolished, should they be hanged do you think?

hanging would be a fair judgement. They didn't accidentally kill someone, they kicked him in the head until he died. If you think kicking someone in the head repeatedly isn't going to kill them then you should probably be hung anyway
Stop being stupid, I know thats hard for you. I will repeat this, most people who get kicked in the head dont die. Now also read this very carefully, He didnt get 6 years for kicking a man in the head until he was dead.

most people don't get kicked in the head repeatedly. If you think you can kick someone in the head repeatedly and they'll be fine, then you should hang just for being so  stupid.
You arent following this too well. Read this a bit slower, I stated, most people dont die from getting licked in the head. If you still cant understand this basic sentence then find a 12 year old to explain it to you.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:36pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:34am:
cods wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:05am:
like I said.. I wouldnt want to be a son of yours...

no son of mine would ever do anything so stupid. 
The apple doesnt fall far from the tree so thats debatable.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:37pm

I cant help myself  I believe just about every 18 yr old makes mistakes... some worse than others....

beating someone to death is not a 'mistake'.
He didnt beat him to death. You really are extra thick today.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #115 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:37pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:27pm:

Read:

Link.

Go down to the taxi rank on a Saturday night and listen to the language used by taxi drivers when Uber drivers are being discussed.

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:38pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:39am:
rhino wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:57pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 6:09pm:
If I had been the Prosecutor, I would have hammered these arseholes.  The attitude seems to be.....oh.....it doesn't matter, the victims were just a bunch of dero Abos living in bark humpies on the river bank.  Everything about this from start with the idiots to finish with the Judge is shouting out....just a bunch of boongs, who cares.

Pricks, everyone involved!
What you are really saying is that these young men should have got a more severe sentence just because they are white. Who is the racist here?

No, what I am saying is that they were treated with kids gloves because their victims were just filthy boongs etc. but  they were whitey's finest exemplary young men.
The only saying they were filthy boongs is you, not the judge.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:39pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:49am:
John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:43am:
Alinta wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:41am:
like I said.. I wouldnt want to be a son of yours...

no son of mine would ever do anything so stupid. If they did they'd do so knowing they have to accept the consequences.

As did these five fellows when they pleaded guilty to manslaughter. 

they pled guilty to manslaughter to avoid the higher charge of murder

I'll take your word for that Mr Smith.  If I had been the prosecutor, there would have been no deal.  It would have been a murder trial, and if I lost on that charge, there is no way a Jury acting in good faith would not convict of manslaughter.  He always had them on manslaugther, deal or not.  The pricks should have been charged and tried for murder....if the Jury could not be convinced of that, no way could they not convict of manslaughter.
Lol, you are no lawyer thats for sure.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:49pm

Alinta wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:29pm:
cods wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
Alinta wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:38am:
That expression does not appear in the judgement Cods.

In a nutshell, the part that galls me the most is that Justice Martin concedes racial motivation, lists aggravating factors, then overly (my opinion only) relies upon character references in passing sentence. I accept reduction for the guilty plea, but overall, too light.

what would have been fair seeing as how they pled guilty..???

the judge said he would have given them the higher sentence other wise..

sorry alinta... but look what they did in the Baden Clay trial..

they even blackened her name..... try to say she caused all the problems in the marriage.. it was terrible..

yet aussie never complained about that..

I am talking about aussies attitude alinta...

n ot the judges...

go back and read what he says if he had been the prosecutor.... he just stopped short of hanging them...

do you agree with that attitude.???>..for 18 yr olds... one at least put his hand up....he was the worst of a bad lot...

the op I believe is complaining about the judges summing up....

are judges not allowed to mention character or behavior

Absolutely Cods........but it's my opinion that Justice Martin gave it overly favourable weight in respect of sentence.....that opinion may be incorrect, nevertheless that is how I see it.

At the end of the day though, they pleaded guilty, were convicted and sentenced. Whether or not the sentence appears to me lenient is irrelevant........they'll serve their time and be released, but they will always carry a manslaughter conviction.

EXACTLY..

this is what I mean.... they did what  alot of people do... get soaking drunk then abused decent people...but it ended up very  bad the worst.......

and they will live with that forever...

it can happen to anyones son or grandson or cousin or nephew.....

it breaks my heart what they have done.. but nothing in this world will undo it...

to my mind the judge was saying....exactly that..

there but for the grace of god...

goes anyones son..

it doesnt sound as if they were hill billies or roughnecks....

what makes them go off like this.... who knows Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I am sure there are many young men in jail right now whos parents are saying the same thing..

what happened we didnt bring him up to do this... Sad

no not for murder maybe but near murder when they knock someone into the next world and put them in comas....some to spend their lives in wheelchairs because of some ,....... idiot.... who thinks he can drink...

my son did the drinking and the drugs.. he gave us quite a torrid time....two of his mates are dead car crashes.. and one committed suicide...one is a dead set alcoholic..who fights with everyone.. hopeless..

so I think I am lucky my son survived and is the dad of two very bright kids...of whom I am very proud...but he knows he pushed it......my son that is....and he is more than relived his son hasnt taken after him.. hes 21 now..my son did most of his bad stuff before that age..

today another young man has been charged with MURDER. he stole a car last year the police chased him he drove into someone house and back yard and killed a 2 yr old girl....

it was manslaughter but now they have upgraded ,it...

the toddlers  parents will never get over it....

and neither I am sure will this young mans parents....

we tend to forget about them as well..

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:59pm

That's true, Cods.. Killing a dirty Boong... It's an easy mistake to make... Anyone could do it.

I feel for the parents too, dear.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Send Topic Print