Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Keep calm and remember god doesn't exist (Read 5926 times)
Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Keep calm and remember god doesn't exist
Mar 18th, 2017 at 5:09am

There is absolutely no evidence god exists.

None.

Nope, didn't find him behind the couch.

Remember when you had an imaginary friend as a child? Should have deified him. You could have made millions.

Santa, the tooth fairy and the easter bunny yeah they're not real. Oh but god, yeah he's real.

Get this, he loves you so much he tortured his son to show his love for you. He even died for you. But hang on... wow! He came back to life after 3 days.

But then it turns out that he didn't. He actually went to heaven, body and all, before he died. Not only that but every thing he said before was wrong.

All hail the invisible friend. Actual adults believe this!

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Keep calm and remember god doesn't exist
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:12am

As far as I can tell, Atheism is not a belief, it is a rejection of belief. All the God concepts I have seen are essentially the same with different packaging. They are all about the pathetically needy childishness of humans, and unfortunately, that is as ugly as adults can contrive. If I am wrong, so what? I am going to burn in Hell for eternity because I would not accept what was on offer?

See, you cannot support this premise without more invisible entities. You need an immortal soul, if you are going to be tormented for eternity. You also need devils, messiahs, prophets, and angels. Just today, the Pope is talking quite seriously about exorcism. It gets more childish as it develops, as the "faithful" invent ways to cover their story.

More stupid packaging:

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:04am

issuevoter wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:12am:
As far as I can tell, Atheism is not a belief, it is a rejection of belief. All the God concepts I have seen are essentially the same with different packaging. They are all about the pathetically needy childishness of humans, and unfortunately, that is as ugly as adults can contrive. If I am wrong, so what? I am going to burn in Hell for eternity because I would not accept what was on offer?

See, you cannot support this premise without more invisible entities. You need an immortal soul, if you are going to be tormented for eternity. You also need devils, messiahs, prophets, and angels. Just today, the Pope is talking quite seriously about exorcism. It gets more childish as it develops, as the "faithful" invent ways to cover their story.

More stupid packaging:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/drazjan/hindu%2001_zpsygzxanb0.jpg

That's about it for me. Not so much a rejection of belief but a rejection of belief in man made gods. For all I know there may be one but if there is he's not the petty tyrant man would have us believe in. If he existed he could not be the one that created all we can see and what we can not, and still worry about whether you prayed 5 times a day and if you spilled your seed on the ground or wore mixed cloth, ate pig or prawns.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:41pm

Raven wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 5:09am:

None.

Remember when you had an imaginary friend as a child? Should have deified him. You could have made millions.

Santa, the tooth fairy and the easter bunny yeah they're not real. Oh but god, yeah he's real.

Get this, he loves you so much he tortured his son to show his love for you. He even died for you. But hang on... wow! He came back to life after 3 days.

But then it turns out that he didn't. He actually went to heaven, body and all, before he died. Not only that but every thing he said before was wrong.

edgy

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 12:21am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:41pm:

None.

edgy

And Misty Morning, what do you have? Something a little less edgy?

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 1:09am

How about debating the "truth" of the matter and stop trying to put your good self on a pedestal with no substance?

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:34am

None.

There is no conclusive evidence either way, so where is this 100% conclusive proof he doesn't exist ?

And just saying, well he doesn't materialise out of thin air and sit on my couch isn't enough.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 12:02pm

stryder wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:34am:

None.

There is no conclusive evidence either way, so where is this 100% conclusive proof he doesn't exist ?

And just saying, well he doesn't materialise out of thin air and sit on my couch isn't enough.

Well its enough for me to say theres a fair likelihood he doesn't exist.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:04pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 12:02pm:

None.

Everybody is different bojack, some humans find solace in thinking of a god, an almighty creator, look at Islam and Christianity and its billions of followers between them.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:14pm

stryder wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:04pm:

None.

Everybody is different bojack, some humans find solace in thinking of a god, an almighty creator, look at Islam and Christianity and its billions of followers between them.

Cheers Captain Obvious.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:22pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:14pm:

None.

Cheers Captain Obvious.

Even these people called scientologists believe in god like alien beings, so keep calm and just realise some people need god whether you like it or not,  Cool

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:24pm

stryder wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:22pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:14pm:

None.

Cheers Captain Obvious.

Even these people called scientologists believe in god like alien beings, so keep calm and just realise some people need god whether you alike it or not,  Cool

Yes I alike it.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:31pm

None.

In 2000 years no one single person was able to propose a hypothesis let alone test a theory. Nor has anyone able to test a theory for any made up entity such as santa or the easter bunny all rock solid religious icons.

It is impossible to prove a negative, but when you are unable to even develop a theory in which to run tests, you can sit back and claim the negative without too much worry

Only children believe in fantasy,time to treat god and religion with the contempt it so richly deserves

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 8:09pm

Leader of Politics = President
Leader of Entertainment (Master of Ceremonies, etc) = King
Leader of Military = Emperor
Leader of Religion = God
Leader of Sport = Champion

what's really sad is the global perception that God could never just be a 'man' (or woman) in a position of privilege and empowerment over others (the Mass).

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:08pm

The onus of proof is on the person making the claim that God does exist. After all there s no conclusive evidence that easter Bunny and the fairies at the bottom of the garden don't exist either.

some humans find solace in thinking of a god, an almighty creator, look at Islam and Christianity and its billions of followers between them.

Just because people find solace in a God is not evidence that a God exists

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print