Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Women should not use taxis (Read 1760 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Women should not use taxis
Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:29pm

A taxi driver who fled to India a day after he raped a female passenger and indecently assaulted another in Perth has lost an appeal against his prison sentence.

Simardeep Singh was a Swan Taxis driver in January 2011 when he picked up a 20-year-old woman and during the ride, rubbed her leg and asked about her sex life.

Later, he picked up two women and after dropping one off, stopped at a park, claiming he needed to check something with his car.

The 18-year-old victim was sitting on a bench when Singh pinned her down and raped her.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/wa-taxi-driver-loses-appeal-over-r...

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Women should not use taxis
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:34pm

This Sikh cab driver blamed his ‘Indian upbringing’ for raping an 18-yr-old in Australia
The man told his lawyer that he was brought up in a conservative society in Punjab where women who wore short dresses were considered "prostitutes".

http://indianexpress.com/article/trending/this-is-serious/this-sikh-cab-driver-b...

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:45pm

Every time Raven's wife catches a taxi she texts Raven the cab number and taxi driver ID. It's a good practice for women to get into

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Whatever you're good at, there is probably an Asian that's better

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:52pm

Raven wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:45pm:
Every time Raven's wife catches a taxi she texts Raven the cab number and taxi driver ID. It's a good practice for women to get into

Gordy is going to take his daughter to Krav Maga classes so if any filthy taxi driver lays a hand on her she can make his elbow bend in the wrong direction

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:54pm

Ill bet he was a muzzo as well.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:55pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:52pm:

Gordy is going to take his daughter to Krav Maga classes so if any filthy taxi driver lays a hand on her she can make his elbow bend in the wrong direction

Get her a big ass whistle so she can blow it in his ear when she does

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

Peace \/ man

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:58pm

It's sad and so wrong that women need to do this. My daughter in law was going to be sent home by taxi one night, I told my son to go out and meet the cabbie, put her in the cab and ring me when she left. In the end, he just didn't and left early with her and the baby.

nu ninda an ezzateni watar ma ekuteni

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:05pm

If only there was some way you could look at the profile and feedback of the driver who is picking you up.

Maybe a smart phone app could be made to do this.

If if if if if  only

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:32am

Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:34pm:
This Sikh cab driver blamed his ‘Indian upbringing’ for raping an 18-yr-old in Australia
The man told his lawyer that he was brought up in a conservative society in Punjab where women who wore short dresses were considered "prostitutes".

http://indianexpress.com/article/trending/this-is-serious/this-sikh-cab-driver-b...

Did he offer to pay?  If there was no agreed transaction, he had no right to assume any 'right' to sex...

Dickhead..... give him fifteen years...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:34am

Ye Grappler wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:32am:
Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:34pm:

Did he offer to pay?  If there was no agreed transaction, he had no right to assume any 'right' to sex...

Dickhead..... give him fifteen years...

He'll get three to seven

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:34am

My daughter knows Tae Kwondo and nobody messes with her... and if they did and thought they got away with it... she has some terrible friends.... and a very large brother and male cousins.... her dad is a pacifist... by choice............................

I took an oath to myself never to fight again..... many years ago.... and even I wouldn't want to face my daughter's mother in full flight.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:36am

Raven wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:55pm:

Get her a big ass whistle so she can blow it in his ear when she does

Get her a big ass .38 so she can blow in his ear when he tries it on..............

― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir Bobby
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:43am

(GET OUT!) Uber Driver Goes Off On Two Stuck Up Girls on CAMERA!! MGTOW

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Carl Sagan

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:33am

Sir Bobby wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:43am:

Little bitch.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:35am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:33am:

Little bitch.

Upon her refusal to leave he should have just gone for a drive to the country side. Pull over once he got a good distance away in a secluded spot, then asked her to get out. I'd bet she'd run out.

REPORTER: The condition of the budget will not be an excuse for breaking promises?

TONY ABBOTT: Exactly right. We will keep the commitments that we make.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #15 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:59am

Ye Grappler wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:34am:

My daughter knows Tae Kwondo and nobody messes with her... and if they did and thought they got away with it... she has some terrible friends.... and a very large brother and male cousins.... her dad is a pacifist... by choice............................

I took an oath to myself never to fight again..... many years ago.... and even I wouldn't want to face my daughter's mother in full flight.....

Ill defer to the more experienced on this as I only did a few year of club karate,  but doing karate makes you good at karate.  Doing TKD makes you good at TKD but they all get flogged in a street fight. People who do grappling or krav maga call all that stuff fantasy marshal arts.

I'm not running down the other ones as they're worthy for other reasons but Learning how to dislocate the thumb of a hand that grabs you seems like a better option.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #16 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:12pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:59am:
Ye Grappler wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:34am:

Ill defer to the more experienced on this as I only did a few year of club karate,  but doing karate makes you good at karate.  Doing TKD makes you good at TKD but they all get flogged in a street fight. People who do grappling or krav maga call all that stuff fantasy marshal arts.

I'm not running down the other ones as they're worthy for other reasons but Learning how to dislocate the thumb of a hand that grabs you seems like a better option.

If your chosen martial art no matter what it's called Krav maga, Muay Thai, TKD , BJJ, etc etc doesn't put the skills you learn in class under pressure in an alive manner from time to time, it will result in the practitioner getting smashed in a real street fight.

Did your club karate on occasions look like this........???

1. "There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than the carbon tax." Ajax
2. “Scratch the average homosexual and you will find a pedophile" Kevin Bishop (homosexual)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #17 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:36pm

This is for a 10 year old girl.

I've seen kids classes for karate and it's all bowing for sensai, tales about karate masters and shouting in Japanese.

Krav maga kids classes, from day one they teach them to grab thr pinkie finger and twist it then run.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:45pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:36pm:
This is for a 10 year old girl.

I've seen kids classes for karate and it's all bowing for sensai, tales about karate masters and shouting in Japanese.

Krav maga kids classes, from day one they teach them to grab thr pinkie finger and twist it then run.

Ok, with kids its hard because you don't want them being hurt and quitting, so the strictest of rules apply, safety comes first above all else, even learning how to fight.

If the perpetrator is double jointed bending the pinky back will have no effect.

Look into Reality based self defence RBSD as its unlikely your daughter will get into a fist fight with an assailant.

1. "There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than the carbon tax." Ajax
2. “Scratch the average homosexual and you will find a pedophile" Kevin Bishop (homosexual)

IP Logged

Sir Bobby
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:47pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:35am:

Little bitch.

Upon her refusal to leave he should have just gone for a drive to the country side. Pull over once he got a good distance away in a secluded spot, then asked her to get out. I'd bet she'd run out.

How about just driving to the nearest police station?

Carl Sagan

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:36pm

Sir Bobby wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:47pm:

my intention would be to make sure she wiped that smirk of her face once and for all. Police station would just make her some poor cops problem. The poor bloke would be tied up for hours listening to her telling him about her rights.

REPORTER: The condition of the budget will not be an excuse for breaking promises?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:39pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:59am:
Ill defer to the more experienced on this as I only did a few year of club karate,  but doing karate makes you good at karate.  Doing TKD makes you good at TKD but they all get flogged in a street fight

I did a style of Karate called Kan Zen Ryu  .... in the approx. 20 yrs it had been established in Australia before I joined, there wasn't a single incident of a student losing a street fight. There were past students who maybe did it for a year or two and then stopped, who lost a street fight. But no one who did it long term.

IP Logged

Sir Bobby
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:40pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
Sir Bobby wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:47pm:

my intention would be to make sure she wiped that smirk of her face once and for all. Police station would just make her some poor cops problem. The poor bloke would be tied up for hours listening to her telling him about her rights.

I have rights

Carl Sagan

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:53pm

Little bitch.

If it was a Cab.....press one button......Cops are on the way, and every Cab within easy driving distance would be there within minutes and, if necessary, she be dragged out of the Cab.

No sympathy from me Mr Outlaw man.

And Indian women aren't exactly LBFMs..yuk.  ~ GordyL.
Nicole Page 2016 exhorts that we kill every man woman and child, who is a Muslim.
Post # 14 here ~  http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=14

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:58pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:53pm:

Little bitch.

If it was a Cab.....press one button......Cops are on the way, and every Cab within easy driving distance would be there within minutes and, if necessary, she be dragged out of the Cab.

Brooklyn cab driver raped, robbed woman at knifepoint

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/brooklyn-cab-driver-raped-robbed-w...
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Cab-Driver-Rapes-Woman-Inside-Mini-Van-in-Brooklyn-NYPD-410022255.html[/url]

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #25 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:14pm

Lucky for those silly rude drunk women they got into an Uber and not...

A FORMER Brisbane taxi driver who raped a passed-out female passenger in the back seat of his cab last year has been sentenced to eight years imprisonment.

https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/rapist-cabbie-sent-jail/1150393/

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #26 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:16pm

Drunk women and taxi drivers. Just say NO.

She passed out in Singh's cab soon after she gave him her address, but awoke a short time later to find him raping her in the back seat.

The entire incident, which took place in McDowall in Brisbane's north, was captured by a CCTV camera in the cab.

However, Singh maintained that the young woman consented to having sex.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/rapist-cabbie-sent-to-jail-20111025-1...

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Sir Bobby
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #27 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:20pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:53pm:

Little bitch.

If it was a Cab.....press one button......Cops are on the way, and every Cab within easy driving distance would be there within minutes and, if necessary, she would be dragged out of the Cab.

But Aussie,

they have rights.
    Cry

Carl Sagan

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:22pm

Sir Bobby wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:20pm:
But Aussie,

they have rights.
    Cry

they have no right to sit in your car if you've asked them to leave.

IP Logged

Sir Bobby
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:32pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:22pm:
But Aussie,

they have rights.
    Cry

But what if those young girls didn't make it safely home?

What if they were raped & murdered because he refused to take them after they booked the service
& he was waiting in the wrong location?

Carl Sagan

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #30 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:16pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:22pm:
But Aussie,

they have rights.
    Cry

Depending on how far their ride was, I'd have just taken them actually.

He said he had another job lined up, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:26pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:16pm:

I wouldn't. they made him wait half an hour. They can walk

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:27pm

Sir Bobby wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:32pm:

then the next time they'll think again before they make their ride wait half an hour and then act like spoilt little bitches

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:37pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:27pm:

then the next time they'll think again before they make their ride wait half an hour and then act like spoilt little bitches

See, here's another thing (and we get in it Cabs in different circumstances) which Uber Outlaws are gonna cop...and it is demonstrated in the video.

Bitch customer orders on the app, and pays the pre-determined price in advance.  'Oh goodie...my Outlaw is on the way........oh goodie, my outlaw has arrived.  Now, I'll just have a few more drinkie poos, powder my nose, ferk around.  All is good.'

Meanwhile, the Outlaw is sitting in the Outlaw Car waiting for Bitch to get there and he is not paid one ferking cent while the Bitch has a few more drinkie poos and powders her nose.  He should have been able to dust her job off ("No Job" in Cab Land) within five minutes of arriving at pick up and get on with the next job.  But no, Outlaw Dick Head is worried he will earn some baddie feedback points from the Bitch, so he sits there with his finger implanted whistling Dixie.   Bitch turns up....and you see the result.

No sympathy from me.

Nicole Page 2016 exhorts that we kill every man woman and child, who is a Muslim.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #34 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:16pm:

I wouldn't. they made him wait half an hour. They can walk

He's not without blame, he also behaved like a goose.
If my clients act like wankers, which doesn't happen much,  I smile and ramp up my CS levels then add a wanker loading to their invoice.

Also on the waiting,  I Googled this

Drivers are still required to wait five minutes before they can charge customers a no-show fee. Uber is also charging a cancellation fee if a customer cancels a pickup two minutes after a request. That grace period was also previously five minutes. Those fees can range from $5 to $10 depending on the city.Apr 27, 2016

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Freediver's other forum:ozpolitic.com/
polanimal

Reply #35 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:47pm

Can you imagine an attractive woman in Aussie's cab, what hell that must be for her with his heavy breathing and sleazy glares in the mirror?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #36 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:48pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:37pm:

See, here's another thing (and we get in it Cabs in different circumstances) which Uber Outlaws are gonna cop...and it is demonstrated in the video.

Bitch customer orders on the app, and pays the pre-determined price in advance.  'Oh goodie...my Outlaw is on the way........oh goodie, my outlaw has arrived.  Now, I'll just have a few more drinkie poos, powder my nose, ferk around.  All is good.'

Meanwhile, the Outlaw is sitting in the Outlaw Car waiting for Bitch to get there and he is not paid one ferking cent while the Bitch has a few more drinkie poos and powders her nose.  He should have been able to dust her job off ("No Job" in Cab Land) within five minutes of arriving at pick up and get on with the next job.  But no, Outlaw Dick Head is worried he will earn some baddie feedback points from the Bitch, so he sits there with his finger implanted whistling Dixie.   Bitch turns up....and you see the result.

No sympathy from me.

Know thy enemy,  Aussie

Drivers are still required to wait five minutes before they can charge customers a no-show fee. Uber is also charging a cancellation fee if a customer cancels a pickup two minutes after a request. That grace period was also previously five minutes. Those fees can range from $5 to $10 depending on the city.Apr 27, 2016

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #37 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:49pm

Aussie,  are you there?

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Sir Bobby
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:04pm

What if they were raped & murdered because he refused to take them after they booked the service
& he was waiting in the wrong location?

Carl Sagan

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:53pm

Last night, in Cairns, where Outlaw has been operating for less than a week, a 36 year old Outlaw driver was done TWICE for drink driving.

Zero sympathy from me.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #40 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:56pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:53pm:
Last night, in Cairns, where Outlaw has been operating for less than a week, a 36 year old Outlaw driver was done TWICE for drink driving.

Zero sympathy from me.

She passed out in Singh's cab soon after she gave him her address, but awoke a short time later to find him raping her in the back seat

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:04pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm:
He's not without blame, he also behaved like a goose.

disagree ... you'd be pissed if you had to wait 30 minutes. Charges are worked out on the time the ride is going to take, they'd probably doubled the time and he wasn't going to get paid for it. 

His only mistake was waiting 30 mins. He should have gone after 10 mins MAXIMUM and left them there.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:05pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:49pm:
Drivers are still required to wait five minutes before they can charge customers a no-show fee.

he waited 30 mins.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #43 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:13pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:05pm:
Drivers are still required to wait five minutes before they can charge customers a no-show fee.

he waited 30 mins.

He could have canceled after waiting 5 min and charged a fee. The extra 25 mins is all on him.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:16pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:13pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:05pm:

he waited 30 mins.

He could have canceled after waiting 5 min and charged a fee. The extra 25 mins is all on him.

he was probably waiting for another fare. If he has to wait anyway, he may as well wait there.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #45 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:16pm

And

If you’re the type of person who orders an Uber before you’re even done getting ready, you might want to think again; the company will now charge late fees in more places if you keep your driver waiting.

If the rider is more than two minutes late, they’ll begin getting charged (rates vary by city). That said, drivers must still wait at least five minutes because they can declare a customer a no-show and charge them a cancellation fee.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #46 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:27pm

Aussie? Are you there?

Can taxis charge if a fare doesn't show up?

If you cancel within 5 minutes, you won’t be charged.
If you tap the cancel button after 5 minutes, we will let you know that a $10* fee will apply if you confirm the cancellation.

https://newsroom.uber.com/updated-cancellation-policy/

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #47 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:29pm

If you are not at the pickup location or your driver cannot get in touch with you, our $10* cancellation fee will still apply.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #48 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Valkie wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
Ill bet he was a muzzo as well.

With a name like Singh, he'll be a Sikh.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:22pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:53pm:

Zero sympathy from me.

At last.....a link.

Here.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #50 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:42am

Post of the Day.

That makes a lot of sense.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:12am

It won't work.

WAY cheaper and FAR more effective would be a spray can of pig's breath or a pork sausage shoved in his face.

If your local hardware store has run out of stock, then make Marla-from-Colorada useful and get her to send you a small can of mace, pepper-spray, or bear spray.

Battery acid is optional.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:20am

Ajax wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:45pm:
Look into Reality based self defence RBSD as its unlikely your daughter will get into a fist fight with an assailant.

Bullies in the playground? The others just knowing you do martial arts training would discourage them from bullying.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:42am

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
I did a style of Karate called Kan Zen Ryu  .... in the approx. 20 yrs it had been established in Australia before I joined, there wasn't a single incident of a student losing a street fight. There were past students who maybe did it for a year or two and then stopped, who lost a street fight. But no one who did it long term.

Grin Grin Grin

That just goes to show what arseholes these kids and you were getting into 'street-fights' all the time. Who gets into 'street-fights' except idiots who provoke fights by acting like geese with long necks?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:56am

No sympathy from me.

Agreed.

Time is money. Can't be twiddling your thumbs while the meter isn't ticking, and then when the bitch! eventually does arrive and plonk her skinny ass in the back of the cab ~ the stench of marijuana drifting off her clothes damn-near sends the driver into a high. I believe this happens a lot in Boulder, Colorado.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:58am

Bobby has a good point here, and it's not as though this happens all the time to the driver.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #56 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:11am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:56am:

No sympathy from me.

Agreed.

Time is money. Can't be twiddling your thumbs while the meter isn't ticking, and then when the bitch! eventually does arrive and plonk her skinny ass in the back of the cab ~ the stench of marijuana drifting off her clothes damn-near sends the driver into a high. I believe this happens a lot in Boulder, Colorado.

Herb, Uber drivers can cancel a trip and charge a fee if the rider doesn't show up within 5 minutes, and 2 minutes in some cities.

Aussie has not done his homework.   Cheesy

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:25am

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:11am:
Herb, Uber drivers can cancel a trip and charge a fee if the rider doesn't show up within 5 minutes, and 2 minutes in some cities.

Well that sounds reasonable then.

I haven't taken a taxi in well over 10 years, and I've never owned a mobile phone. I assume the Uber driver is given a visa card number over the phone from which he makes a transfer to his own account - but then how do you stop him making further illicit withdrawals from your account?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #58 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:33am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:25am:
Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:11am:

Well that sounds reasonable then.

I haven't taken a taxi in well over 10 years, and I've never owned a mobile phone. I assume the Uber driver is given a visa card number over the phone from which he makes a transfer to his own account - but then how do you stop him making further illicit withdrawals from your account?

The rider must register with Uber through the app and supply a valid credit card.

All charges are generated by the drivers app based on time/distance (like a cab) but the Uber company hits the riders credit card then remits the driver.

Apart from no-shows, when a rider requests an Uber car, they have a 5 minute window to cancel it, otherwise they're charged a cancellation fee.

So the driver does not have the riders CC details, so can't defraud them.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 8:22am

Okay to that.

That sounds uber-sensible.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #60 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 8:40am

I just watched the video again and it's been very misunderstood,  particularly by Aussie.

The driver did not wait 30 mins for the riders.

He'd cancelled their ride (at a time unknown ) after they no showed and he'd since teed up a new job and was waiting for them. The 30 mins he mentioned was referring to how long ago they were supposed to have been there.

I presumed he waited in that spot just incase they turned up because he didn't have another job lined up, but when that job came thru he cancelled theirs and committed to the new one.

What is clear is that he could have cancelled after 5 mins and be paid.

Can a taxi do that, Aussie? Don't be shy, tell us.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:58am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:58am:
Bobby has a good point here, and it's not as though this happens all the time to the driver.

it's not the drivers problem. If she is concerned with getting home, she needs to be more considerate of the ride.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 10:00am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:42am:
That just goes to show what arseholes these kids and you were getting into 'street-fights' all the time. Who gets into 'street-fights' except idiots who provoke fights by acting like geese with long necks?

actually, we were under instruction not to go starting any fights or else if the sensei found out he'd finish it. Since he knew all the bouncers in all the clubs in the area at the time, there was a good chance he'd find out.

That didn't mean they weren't allowed to defend ourselves

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #63 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:28pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:58am:

it's not the drivers problem. If she is concerned with getting home, she needs to be more considerate of the ride.

You're not listening, Boof'ead. At 3.30am it becomes a matter of safety with two young attractive ladies stranded in the Big Smoke.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:29pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:58am:

You're not listening, Boof'ead. At 3.30am it becomes a matter of safety with two young attractive ladies stranded in the Big Smoke.

you're not listening you fool. Her safety is HER concern, not his.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #65 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:45pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:29pm:

WRONG, ass-clown!

A woman's safety is EVERYBODY's business ...
(excluding Mothra and Marla, of course)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:50pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:45pm:

WRONG, ass-clown!

will you be waiting out on William Street at 3am tonight to make sure the girls out having fun make their way home OK Herb?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:56pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:50pm:

WRONG, ass-clown!

will you be waiting out on William Street at 3am tonight to make sure the girls out having fun make their way home OK Herb?

There's a taxi rank just around the corner at the top of William st.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #68 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:57pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:56pm:

WRONG, ass-clown!

It's not the Cabbies' job to take gibbering, abusive drunken bitches home.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #69 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:00pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:57pm:

WRONG, ass-clown!

When a cancellation fee applies

After accepting a request, a $10 cancellation fee will apply to the rider if the following occurs:

The rider cancels 5 minutes after booking.
    You cancel 5 minutes after arriving at the pick up point (you have pressed ‘arriving’ button) because the rider is not

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:00pm

WRONG, ass-clown!

there might not be any taxi's available Herb. Or they might have muslim rapists driving. Remember, it's everyone's responsibility. Or does that just mean everyone apart from you?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:01pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:00pm:

WRONG, ass-clown!

After accepting a request, a $10 cancellation fee will apply to the rider if the following occurs:

You cancel 5 minutes after arriving at the pick up point (you have pressed ‘arriving’ button) because the rider is not

is there any reasonable reason why you keep repeating that as if it's relevant?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #72 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:02pm

If someone phoned a cab and when it arrives they say, sorry mate, don't need a cab. Have a nice day. Would the driver get paid?

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #73 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:04pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:01pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:00pm:

WRONG, ass-clown!

is there any reasonable reason why you keep repeating that as if it's relevant?

Aussie still thinks an Uber driver has to wait indefinitely for a fare.
You'd think he'd have done his research on the competition that will eventually kill the taxi industry.

Oh well, I'm trying to help him.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:04pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:02pm:
If someone phoned a cab and when it arrives they say, sorry mate, don't need a cab. Have a nice day. Would the driver get paid?

no

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #75 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:05pm

WRONG, ass-clown!

No, it's a taxi drivers job to wait until they fall asleep on the back seat, then violate them.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:05pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:04pm:

no

Correct, Mr Smith...except on some 'account' jobs like DVA.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:06pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:05pm:

no

I know because I had to do it once. Felt bad for the guy but it was a busy night and he hadn't come very far.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:09pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:05pm:

no

I know because I had to do it once. Felt bad for the guy but it was a busy night and he hadn't come very far.

It would be a dumb Cabbie to whinge about it.  There are usually genuine reasons for it.  However, among Drivers, if there is an address at which there have been some "sorry, don't need you now" and a pattern is discernible, no Cab will be despatched to that address.  They've done their dash.  Walk.

Zero sympathy from me.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:22pm

These days, I mainly use my hybrid bike to get around.  And if the distance is an issue, my mum's electric bike.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #80 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:56pm

Yes it is - or their licences should be taken away from them.

JUST DRIVE.

That's it. Your job is not to play judge-and-jury, but just drive the damn taxi as you are PAID to do, aaaaaaaassshoooooooole!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #81 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:59pm

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:22pm:
These days, I mainly use my hybrid bike to get around.  And if the distance is an issue, my mum's electric bike.   

Interesting.

Do tell. I have an electric bicycle powered by a 36volt Lithium Ion battery that is illegal to go faster than 6kph .. but I go about 28 on the flat and reach over 50 kph going down hills.

A cop stopped me and was going to fine me $620 as a First Time offender, with it going up to $1240 if caught again. He was going to phone me the fine but never did.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:04pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:56pm:

JUST DRIVE.

says the numbnuts who hides in his bed Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #83 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:06pm

JUST DRIVE.

That's it. Your job is not to play judge-and-jury, but just drive the damn taxi as you are PAID to do, aaaaaaaassshoooooooole!

Sorry Herbert, it is also my job and right to decide who gets into my Cab and the circumstances in which they do so, and even...remain therein, or get tossed out.

Smiley

IP Logged

Sir Bobby
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #84 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:43pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:06pm:

JUST DRIVE.

Sorry Herbert, it is also my job and right to decide who gets into my Cab and the circumstances in which they do so, and even...remain therein, or get tossed out.

Smiley

Come on Aussie,
tell us your juicy stories - you know -
about the massage parlor girls who have run out of money to pay you for the cab fare.

Carl Sagan

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #85 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:44pm

Sir Bobby wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:43pm:

JUST DRIVE.

Smiley

Come on Aussie,
tell us your juicy stories - you know -
about the massage parlor girls who have run out of money to pay you for the cab fare.

Yuck!

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #86 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:10pm

Smiley

I thought the liberal-progressive luvvies had long since brought in laws that forbid a taxi driver to discriminate against people for any reason whatsoever.   

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #87 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:14pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:10pm:

Smiley

I thought the liberal-progressive luvvies had long since brought in laws that forbid a taxi driver to discriminate against people for any reason whatsoever.   

You thought, did you?  How novel!

Don't do it again because you are wrong.

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #88 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:33pm

If women had been meant to use taxis, they'd have been fitted with security cages to keep the predators away.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:35pm

Ye Grappler wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:33pm:
If women had been meant to use taxis, they'd have been fitted with security cages to keep the predators away.

Indeed Grappler.  Drivers do need protection from bitch predators.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #90 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 12:50pm

Look, we all know how the Muzzos think, don't we?

Any woman out by herself is asking for it.

Any woman dressed without a tent is, what was the term? "uncovered meat left out"

This is the mentality of these barbarian primitives, why would any woman catch a taxi these days?

Oh yeah, that's right.
BECAUSE THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT AND FEEL SAFE DOING SO."

What a stupid idea, that women should be able to catch a public conveyance and be safe.

Next thing they will be wanting TO BE ABLE TO VOTE or
SHOCK HORROR......EQUAL RIGHTS.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #91 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 1:53pm

The answer is to only employ homosexual taxi-drivers.

This way all the women will be by-passing the other taxi companies and clamouring to use yours.

'Mardi Gras Taxi Company' - something like that.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #92 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 4:09pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 1:53pm:
The answer is to only employ homosexual taxi-drivers.

This way all the women will be by-passing the other taxi companies and clamouring to use yours.

'Mardi Gras Taxi Company' - something like that.

Look at the numbers.

3% of the population.

Besides most poofs are in showbusiness.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print