Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Women should not use taxis (Read 3747 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Women should not use taxis
Reply #45 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:16pm

And

If you’re the type of person who orders an Uber before you’re even done getting ready, you might want to think again; the company will now charge late fees in more places if you keep your driver waiting.

If the rider is more than two minutes late, they’ll begin getting charged (rates vary by city). That said, drivers must still wait at least five minutes because they can declare a customer a no-show and charge them a cancellation fee.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #46 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:27pm

Aussie? Are you there?

Can taxis charge if a fare doesn't show up?

If you cancel within 5 minutes, you won’t be charged.
If you tap the cancel button after 5 minutes, we will let you know that a $10* fee will apply if you confirm the cancellation.

https://newsroom.uber.com/updated-cancellation-policy/

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #47 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:29pm

If you are not at the pickup location or your driver cannot get in touch with you, our $10* cancellation fee will still apply.

IBI

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #48 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Valkie wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
Ill bet he was a muzzo as well.

With a name like Singh, he'll be a Sikh.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 11:22pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:53pm:
Last night, in Cairns, where Outlaw has been operating for less than a week, a 36 year old Outlaw driver was done TWICE for drink driving.

Zero sympathy from me.

At last.....a link.

Here.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #50 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 5:42am

Raven wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:45pm:
Every time Raven's wife catches a taxi she texts Raven the cab number and taxi driver ID. It's a good practice for women to get into

Post of the Day.

That makes a lot of sense.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:12am

Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:52pm:
Gordy is going to take his daughter to Krav Maga classes so if any filthy taxi driver lays a hand on her she can make his elbow bend in the wrong direction

It won't work.

WAY cheaper and FAR more effective would be a spray can of pig's breath or a pork sausage shoved in his face.

If your local hardware store has run out of stock, then make Marla-from-Colorada useful and get her to send you a small can of mace, pepper-spray, or bear spray.

Battery acid is optional.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:20am

Ajax wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 12:45pm:
Look into Reality based self defence RBSD as its unlikely your daughter will get into a fist fight with an assailant.

Bullies in the playground? The others just knowing you do martial arts training would discourage them from bullying.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:42am

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
I did a style of Karate called Kan Zen Ryu  .... in the approx. 20 yrs it had been established in Australia before I joined, there wasn't a single incident of a student losing a street fight. There were past students who maybe did it for a year or two and then stopped, who lost a street fight. But no one who did it long term.

Grin Grin Grin

That just goes to show what arseholes these kids and you were getting into 'street-fights' all the time. Who gets into 'street-fights' except idiots who provoke fights by acting like geese with long necks?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:56am

Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:37pm:
See, here's another thing (and we get in it Cabs in different circumstances) which Uber Outlaws are gonna cop...and it is demonstrated in the video.

Bitch customer orders on the app, and pays the pre-determined price in advance.  'Oh goodie...my Outlaw is on the way........oh goodie, my outlaw has arrived.  Now, I'll just have a few more drinkie poos, powder my nose, ferk around.  All is good.'

Meanwhile, the Outlaw is sitting in the Outlaw Car waiting for Bitch to get there and he is not paid one ferking cent while the Bitch has a few more drinkie poos and powders her nose.  He should have been able to dust her job off ("No Job" in Cab Land) within five minutes of arriving at pick up and get on with the next job.  But no, Outlaw Dick Head is worried he will earn some baddie feedback points from the Bitch, so he sits there with his finger implanted whistling Dixie.   Bitch turns up....and you see the result.

No sympathy from me.

Agreed.

Time is money. Can't be twiddling your thumbs while the meter isn't ticking, and then when the bitch! eventually does arrive and plonk her skinny ass in the back of the cab ~ the stench of marijuana drifting off her clothes damn-near sends the driver into a high. I believe this happens a lot in Boulder, Colorado.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:58am

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:32pm:
But what if those young girls didn't make it safely home?

then the next time they'll think again before they make their ride wait half an hour and then act like spoilt little bitches

Bobby has a good point here, and it's not as though this happens all the time to the driver.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #56 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:11am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:56am:
Aussie wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:37pm:
See, here's another thing (and we get in it Cabs in different circumstances) which Uber Outlaws are gonna cop...and it is demonstrated in the video.

Bitch customer orders on the app, and pays the pre-determined price in advance.  'Oh goodie...my Outlaw is on the way........oh goodie, my outlaw has arrived.  Now, I'll just have a few more drinkie poos, powder my nose, ferk around.  All is good.'

Meanwhile, the Outlaw is sitting in the Outlaw Car waiting for Bitch to get there and he is not paid one ferking cent while the Bitch has a few more drinkie poos and powders her nose.  He should have been able to dust her job off ("No Job" in Cab Land) within five minutes of arriving at pick up and get on with the next job.  But no, Outlaw Dick Head is worried he will earn some baddie feedback points from the Bitch, so he sits there with his finger implanted whistling Dixie.   Bitch turns up....and you see the result.

No sympathy from me.

Agreed.

Time is money. Can't be twiddling your thumbs while the meter isn't ticking, and then when the bitch! eventually does arrive and plonk her skinny ass in the back of the cab ~ the stench of marijuana drifting off her clothes damn-near sends the driver into a high. I believe this happens a lot in Boulder, Colorado.

Herb, Uber drivers can cancel a trip and charge a fee if the rider doesn't show up within 5 minutes, and 2 minutes in some cities.

Aussie has not done his homework.   Cheesy

IBI

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:25am

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:11am:
Herb, Uber drivers can cancel a trip and charge a fee if the rider doesn't show up within 5 minutes, and 2 minutes in some cities.

Well that sounds reasonable then.

I haven't taken a taxi in well over 10 years, and I've never owned a mobile phone. I assume the Uber driver is given a visa card number over the phone from which he makes a transfer to his own account - but then how do you stop him making further illicit withdrawals from your account?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #58 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:33am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:25am:
Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 7:11am:

Well that sounds reasonable then.

I haven't taken a taxi in well over 10 years, and I've never owned a mobile phone. I assume the Uber driver is given a visa card number over the phone from which he makes a transfer to his own account - but then how do you stop him making further illicit withdrawals from your account?

The rider must register with Uber through the app and supply a valid credit card.

All charges are generated by the drivers app based on time/distance (like a cab) but the Uber company hits the riders credit card then remits the driver.

Apart from no-shows, when a rider requests an Uber car, they have a 5 minute window to cancel it, otherwise they're charged a cancellation fee.

So the driver does not have the riders CC details, so can't defraud them.

IBI

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 8:22am

Okay to that.

That sounds uber-sensible.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print