Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Threats of violent Islamist and far-right extremis (Read 6300 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Threats of violent Islamist and far-right extremis
Reply #75 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:11pm

mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:38pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:13pm:
cods wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:11pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:55pm:
cods wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:42pm:
I think there has been as much Christian bashing as Muslim bashing on this thread..

thats what I mean about a "common goal"...

we just will never find it..

Not even close. The only person who has come close to bashing Christianity is Bigol, and he bashes everyone.

The rest of us have been clear the target of our concern is terrorism, whomsoever commits it.

there are many reasons given here  that claim more terrorist acts are claimed by Christian groups than muslims groups...

almost triumphantly Roll Eyes Roll Eyes... so to speak..

divide and fall... sure as hell we wont find an answer this way..

anyway I am out of here..

I have no interest in america and all its issues.. let them worry about them... not for me...

Nobody has claimed that.

The claim is that there are more extreme right-wing terrorist attacks than Islamist terrorist attacks in the US.

Christian terrorism is a part of that.

To be fair though, the "extreme right-wing" demographic is a lot broader and larger than the demographic responsible for Islamist attacks. One would expect them to commit a larger number of attacks - and moreover they constitute a far broader spectrum of terrorists - pro-lifers, anti-government militias, ku klux clan style racists etc etc...

Its probably not really accurate to lump them all into the one basket and say 'this is a single group of extremists' - and claim they are exactly equivalent to the very specific category of Islamist extremists. They aren't. And I would say exactly the same thing if people lumped say Islamic State inspired terrorists with terrorists who are Palestinian nationalists - just because they are both (nominally) muslim.

Gandalf if you took the list of terrorist attacks in USA since 9/11 and factored in Muslims representing only 0.9% of the population, the figures would look horrendous.

You may also want to check out the list of foiled attacks.
[url]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_terrorist_plots_in_the_United
_States_post-9/11[/url]

And yet still if we stopped pretending terrorism was somehow worse than any other violent crime - and factored into the mix *ALL* violent crime in the US - the Islamists wouldn't even be a blip on the radar - and thats including 9/11.

Crime is crime.
Terrorism is trying to change society with violence.
It's different. Very very different.

If Malala Yousafzai was shot in the head in a robbery is it the same as her being shot in the head and warning other girls not to go to school?

Malala was the victim of violent crime, not terrorism.

Correct.

Watch Gordy try to spin it his way, though.

Gordy hates all Muslims, by the way.

Thus, Gordy hates Malala Yousafzai.

That's sad.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:12pm

I think there has been as much Christian bashing as Muslim bashing on this thread..

Not even close. The only person who has come close to bashing Christianity is Bigol, and he bashes everyone.

The rest of us have been clear the target of our concern is terrorism, whomsoever commits it.

there are many reasons given here  that claim more terrorist acts are claimed by Christian groups than muslims groups...

I have no interest in america and all its issues.. let them worry about them... not for me...

Nobody has claimed that.

The claim is that there are more extreme right-wing terrorist attacks than Islamist terrorist attacks in the US.

To be fair though, the "extreme right-wing" demographic is a lot broader and larger than the demographic responsible for Islamist attacks. One would expect them to commit a larger number of attacks - and moreover they constitute a far broader spectrum of terrorists - pro-lifers, anti-government militias, ku klux clan style racists etc etc...

Its probably not really accurate to lump them all into the one basket and say 'this is a single group of extremists' - and claim they are exactly equivalent to the very specific category of Islamist extremists. They aren't. And I would say exactly the same thing if people lumped say Islamic State inspired terrorists with terrorists who are Palestinian nationalists - just because they are both (nominally) muslim.

Gandalf if you took the list of terrorist attacks in USA since 9/11 and factored in Muslims representing only 0.9% of the population, the figures would look horrendous.

[url]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_terrorist_plots_in_the_United
_States_post-9/11[/url]

And yet still if we stopped pretending terrorism was somehow worse than any other violent crime - and factored into the mix *ALL* violent crime in the US - the Islamists wouldn't even be a blip on the radar - and thats including 9/11.

Crime is crime.

If Malala Yousafzai was shot in the head in a robbery is it the same as her being shot in the head and warning other girls not to go to school?

By definition it's a terrorist act. A crime to further a political ideology. Do I need to repeat this fact numbskull?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:12pm

Speaking of Malala Yousafzai:

Malala Yousafzai urges people not to blame Muslims for terrorism as it ENCOURAGES ISIS

THE teenage Nobel prize-winner Malala Yousafzai has urged people not to blame all Muslims for terrorism as it just helps terrorists recruit more jihadis.

The inspiring young superstar even criticised Donald Trump's recent comments to ban all Muslim immigration from the US.

She said the controversial United States presidential hopeful "could radicalise more terrorists" as the 18-year-old Pakistani campaigner urged politicians to think carefully before speaking.

She said that the rise in Islamophobia seen since the Paris terror attacks and San Bernandino shooting in California would only make matters worse.

The education activist added: "I can just highlight one thing.

"The more you speak about Islam and against all Muslims, the more terrorists we create.

"If your intention is to stop terrorism, do not try to blame the whole population of Muslims for it because it cannot stop terrorism."

Malala's father Ziauddin Yousafzai joined in the attacks on Trump's extreme immigration plan.

He said: "If Americans don't stand against their own Donald Trumps , their strategy will not work."

She made her remarks ahead of the Poppies for Peace in Peshawar to remember a deadly school attack in Pakistan.

The event marks the first anniversary of a deadly attack on the school by Pakistani Taliban which left 145 dead, including 132 young students.

Malala herself narrowly avoided death in 2012 after being shot by the terror group for her courageous campaigning for a girls' rights to an education.

She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in October last year and has since continued to campaign for worldwide access to education, even addressing the United Nations on the issue.

She has since adopted Birmingham in the UK as her new hometown - and amid tight security today, Malala has previously said how she is "proud to be a Brummie".

Ms Yousafzai also revealed that she was proud to call herself "a feminist".

She said: "When I listened to Emma Watson's speech at the UN, that was a really inspiring speech. Because that confusion you have in your mind, whether you should call yourself a feminist or not.

"Even though you are, you believe in equality, you believe in equal rights for both men and women, but you just can't say that single word, that you are a feminist.

"And then I said I should not hesitate and I should say that I am a Muslim and a feminist."

She added: "I think in terms of religion, there is not a very clear-cut answer to these issues.

"For example, women's rights, in terms of politics, everything is interpreted in different ways by different people.

"But to me Islam is about equality and calling myself feminist would have no position from the religion."

Another young brave student, Muhammad Ibrahim Khan, joined Malala's call to fight ISIS ideology with education.

He was left in a wheelchair after being shot in the back during the school attack

The 14-year-old was there alongside Ahmad Nawaz, who survived the Peshawar attack by playing dead for two hours.

He revealed how he had witnessed his own teacher being burned alive during the massacre.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/627121/Malala-Yousafzai-blame-Muslims-terrorism...

What an incredibly inspiring young woman!

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:13pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:11pm:

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

Crime is crime.

Correct.

Watch Gordy try to spin it his way, though.

Gordy hates all Muslims, by the way.

Thus, Gordy hates Malala Yousafzai.

That's sad.

No, by definition it's a terrorist act. A crime committed to further a political ideology. Another dumbass.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #79 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:16pm

Mothra, Malala says not to blame MUSLIMS for terror attacks.

She doesn't say to not call terrorists what they are.

Just...WOW!!!!

Taliban
terrorists
who attempted Malala Yousafzai assassination are sentenced to life in prison
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/taliban-gunmen-shot-malala-yousafzai-life-...

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:17pm

mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:12pm:
Speaking of Malala Yousafzai:

Malala Yousafzai urges people not to blame Muslims for terrorism as it ENCOURAGES ISIS

THE teenage Nobel prize-winner Malala Yousafzai has urged people not to blame all Muslims for terrorism as it just helps terrorists recruit more jihadis.

The inspiring young superstar even criticised Donald Trump's recent comments to ban all Muslim immigration from the US.

She said the controversial United States presidential hopeful "could radicalise more terrorists" as the 18-year-old Pakistani campaigner urged politicians to think carefully before speaking.

She said that the rise in Islamophobia seen since the Paris terror attacks and San Bernandino shooting in California would only make matters worse.

The education activist added: "I can just highlight one thing.

"The more you speak about Islam and against all Muslims, the more terrorists we create.

"If your intention is to stop terrorism, do not try to blame the whole population of Muslims for it because it cannot stop terrorism."

Malala's father Ziauddin Yousafzai joined in the attacks on Trump's extreme immigration plan.

He said: "If Americans don't stand against their own Donald Trumps , their strategy will not work."

She made her remarks ahead of the Poppies for Peace in Peshawar to remember a deadly school attack in Pakistan.

The event marks the first anniversary of a deadly attack on the school by Pakistani Taliban which left 145 dead, including 132 young students.

Malala herself narrowly avoided death in 2012 after being shot by the terror group for her courageous campaigning for a girls' rights to an education.

She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in October last year and has since continued to campaign for worldwide access to education, even addressing the United Nations on the issue.

She has since adopted Birmingham in the UK as her new hometown - and amid tight security today, Malala has previously said how she is "proud to be a Brummie".

Ms Yousafzai also revealed that she was proud to call herself "a feminist".

She said: "When I listened to Emma Watson's speech at the UN, that was a really inspiring speech. Because that confusion you have in your mind, whether you should call yourself a feminist or not.

"Even though you are, you believe in equality, you believe in equal rights for both men and women, but you just can't say that single word, that you are a feminist.

"And then I said I should not hesitate and I should say that I am a Muslim and a feminist."

She added: "I think in terms of religion, there is not a very clear-cut answer to these issues.

"For example, women's rights, in terms of politics, everything is interpreted in different ways by different people.

"But to me Islam is about equality and calling myself feminist would have no position from the religion."

Another young brave student, Muhammad Ibrahim Khan, joined Malala's call to fight ISIS ideology with education.

He was left in a wheelchair after being shot in the back during the school attack

The 14-year-old was there alongside Ahmad Nawaz, who survived the Peshawar attack by playing dead for two hours.

He revealed how he had witnessed his own teacher being burned alive during the massacre.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/627121/Malala-Yousafzai-blame-Muslims-terrorism...

What an incredibly inspiring young woman!

Indeed.

Smarter than Trump and every single one of his flunkies.

Why do Gordy and Hammer hate her so much?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:18pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:16pm:

That's right.

Blame the terrorists.

Apologist.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:19pm

Just...WOW!!!!

Taliban
terrorists
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/taliban-gunmen-shot-malala-yousafzai-life-...

Acts of violence from repressive regimes aren't terrorism, Gordy.

They are a whole lot of things, but they aren't terrorism.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #83 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:20pm

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

Crime is crime.

Its highly debatable to claim that all or even most of the so called "Islamist terrorists" were actually motivated by a desire to change society. If a psychological analysis was conducted on all those terrorists, In many if not most cases, I'd bet you'd end up finding the same psychological issues that led regular non-terrorist murderers to kill. And especially in this day and age of 'lone wolf' terrorists - where you have dropouts with all the typical issues like self-esteem, sexual inadequacy, can't get a girlfriend, shame over being closet gays etc etc - which drives them to kill, and then shout "Allahu Akbar" while they do it more or less as an afterthought. Yet dare suggest that perhaps Islam wasn't the cause of it all - and you best duck for cover.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:25pm

mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:19pm:

Just...WOW!!!!

Taliban
terrorists

Acts of violence from repressive regimes aren't terrorism, Gordy.

They are a whole lot of things, but they aren't terrorism.
The Taliban shoot a girl campaigning for female education in Pakistan. Mothra says it's not terrorism.

How does Mothra define this?- A skinhead kills a black girl  campaigning for racial equality?

t... te......terr....... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #85 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:26pm

Excerpt from I AM MALALA
The Girl Who Stood Up for Education
and was Shot by the Taliban

Malala Yousafzai

I thought if anyone attacked me it would be on those steps. Like my father I’ve always been a daydreamer, and sometimes in lessons my mind would drift and I’d imagine that on the way home a terrorist might jump out and shoot me on those steps.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:27pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:20pm:

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

Crime is crime.

Its highly debatable to claim that all or even most of the so called "Islamist terrorists" were actually motivated by a desire to change society. If a psychological analysis was conducted on all those terrorists, In many if not most cases, I'd bet you'd end up finding the same psychological issues that led regular non-terrorist murderers to kill. And especially in this day and age of 'lone wolf' terrorists - where you have dropouts with all the typical issues like self-esteem, sexual inadequacy, can't get a girlfriend, shame over being closet gays etc etc - which drives them to kill, and then shout "Allahu Akbar" while they do it more or less as an afterthought. Yet dare suggest that perhaps Islam wasn't the cause of it all - and you best duck for cover.

The Orlando shooting being a classic example of this.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:27pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Excerpt from I AM MALALA

Malala Yousafzai

I thought if anyone attacked me it would be on those steps. Like my father I’ve always been a daydreamer, and sometimes in lessons my mind would drift and I’d imagine that on the way home a terrorist might jump out and shoot me on those steps.

Why do you hate Malala so much?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:28pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:20pm:

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

Crime is crime.

So why aren't Buddhists killing people of other religions all over the world then?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #89 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:29pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Excerpt from I AM MALALA

Malala Yousafzai

Why do you hate Malala so much?

I bought her book, so she loved me  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Send Topic Print