Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Threats of violent Islamist and far-right extremis (Read 6305 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Threats of violent Islamist and far-right extremis
Reply #60 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:50pm

mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:43pm:
Yet the Islamic attacks are usually perpetrated by non-US citizens.

Indeed - and in fact on any measure, the US muslim population has integrated well - better than most other immigrant group (measures include employment, income, level of education, attitude towards US).

I read a quote of a Trump interview asking him he thinks its possible to have a "successful" muslim population in the US - and he went on about how difficult it is because US muslims are not assimilating very well. Its absolute rubbish and a complete lie.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:50pm

mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:46pm:

Those white supremacists are nasty little terrorists, aren't they?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:51pm

2002.10.03  USA  Montgomery County, MD  5  0  Muslim snipers kill three men and two women in separate attacks over a 15-hour period. 
2002.10.02  USA  Wheaton, MD  1  0  Muslim snipers gun down a program analyst in a store parking lot. 
2002.09.23  USA  Baton Rouge, LA  1  0  A Korean mother is shot in the back by Muslim snipers. 
2002.09.21  USA  Montgomery, AL  1  1  Muslim snipers shoot two women, killing one. 
2002.09.21  USA  Atlanta, GA  1  0  Muslim terrorists gun down an employee at a liquor store. 
2002.07.04  USA  Los Angeles, CA  2  0  Muslim man pulls out a gun at the counter of an Israeli airline and kills two people. 
2002.05.27  USA  Denton, TX  1  0  Muslim snipers kill a man as he works in his yard. 
2002.03.19  USA  Tuscon, AZ  1  0  A 60-year-old man is gunned down by Muslim snipers on a golf course. 
2001.09.11  USA  New York, NY  2752  251  Islamic hijackers steer two planes packed with fuel and passengers into the World Trade Center, killing hundreds on impact and eventually killing thousands when the towers collapsed. At least 200 are seriously injured. 
2001.09.11  USA  Washington, DC  184  53  Nearly 200 people are killed when Islamic hijackers steer a plane full of people into the Pentagon. 
2001.09.11  USA  Shanksville, PA  40  0  Forty passengers are killed after Islamic radicals hijack the plane in an attempt to steer it into the U.S. Capitol building. 
2000.03.17  USA  Atlanta, GA  1  1  A local imam and Muslim spiritual leader guns down a deputy sheriff and injures his partner. 
1997.04.03  USA  Lompoc, CA  1  0  A prison guard is stabbed to death by a radical Muslim. 
1997.03.23  USA  New York, NY  1  6  A Palestinian leaves an anti-Jewish suicide note behind and travels to the top of the Empire State building where he shoot seven people in a Fedayeen attack. 
1994.03.01  USA  Brooklyn, NY  1  0  A Muslim gunman targets a van packed with Jewish boys, killing a 16-year-old. 
1993.02.26  USA  New York, NY  6  1040  Islamic terrorists detonate a massive truck bomb under the World Trade Center, killing six people and injuring over 1,000 in an effort to collapse the towers. 
1993.01.25  USA  Langley, VA  2  3  A Pakistani with Mujahideen ties guns down two CIA agents outside of the headquarters. 
1990.11.05  USA  New York City, NY  1  0  An Israeli rabbi is shot to death by a Muslim attacker at a hotel. 
1990.01.31  USA  Tuscon, AZ  1  0  A Sunni cleric is assassinated in front of a Tuscon mosque after declaring that two verses of the Qur'an were invalid. 
1989.11.06  USA  St. Louis, MO  1  0  A 17-year-old girl is stabbed to death by her parents for bringing 'dishonor' to their family by dating an 'infidel' African-American. 
1980.08.31  USA  Savou, IL  2  0  An Iranian student guns down his next-door neighbors, a husband and wife. 
1980.07.22  USA  Bethesda, MD  1  0  A political dissident is shot and killed in front of his home by an Iranian agent who was an American convert to Islam. 
1977.03.09  USA  Washington, DC  1  1  Hanifi Muslims storm three buildings including a B'nai B'rith to hold 134 people hostage. At least two innocents were shot and one died. 
1974.04.16  USA  Ingleside, CA  1  0  A man is killed while helping a friend move by Nation of Islam terrorists. 
1974.04.01  USA  Oakland, CA  1  1  A Nation of Islam terrorist shoots at two Salvation Army members, killing a man and injuring a woman. 
1974.01.24  USA  Oakland, CA  4  1  Five vicious shooting attacks by Nation of Islam terrorists leave three people dead and one paralyzed for life. Three of the victims were women. 
1973.12.24  USA  Oakland, CA  1  0  A man is kidnapped, tortured and decapitated by Nation of Islam terrorists. 
1973.12.22  USA  Oakland, CA  2  0  Nation of Islam terrorist kills two people in separate attacks on the same day. 
1973.12.20  USA  Oakland, CA  1  0  Nation of Islam terrorists gun down an 81-year-old janitor. 
1973.12.13  USA  Oakland, CA  1  0  A woman is shot to death on the sidewalk by Nation of Islam terrorists. 
1973.12.11  USA  Oakland, CA  1  0  A man is killed by Nation of Islam terrorists while using a phone booth. 
1973.11.25  USA  Oakland, CA  1  0  A grocer is killed in his store by Nation of Islam terrorists. 
1973.10.29  USA  Berkeley, CA  1  0  A woman is shot repeatedly in the face by Nation of Islam terrorists. 
1973.10.19  USA  Oakland, CA  1  1  Nation of Islam terrorists kidnap a couple and nearly decapitate the man, while raping and leaving the woman for dead. 
1973.07.18  USA  Washington, DC  8  2  Nation of Islam members shoot seven members of a family to death in cold blood, including four children. A defendant in the case is later murdered in prison on orders from Elijah Muhammad. 
1973.07.01  USA  Bethesda, MD  1  0  An Israeli diplomat is gunned down in his driveway by Palestinian terrorists. 
1973.01.19  USA  Brooklyn, NY  1  1  Muslim extremists rob a sporting goods store for weapons, gunning down a police officer who responds to the alarm. 
1972.04.14  USA  New York, NY  1  3  Ten members of a local mosque phone in a false alarm and then ambush responding officers, killing one. 

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #63 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:51pm

That 0.9 seems to account for themselves pretty darn well.

According to a 2010 study, it is followed by
0.9%
of the population.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:53pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:51pm:

0.9%
of the population.

Yet as you are repeatedly told, most acts of Islamist terror in the US are perpetrated by non-US citizens.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #65 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:50pm:

0.9%
of the population.

IBI

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #66 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:54pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:38pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:13pm:
cods wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:11pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:55pm:
cods wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:42pm:
I think there has been as much Christian bashing as Muslim bashing on this thread..

thats what I mean about a "common goal"...

we just will never find it..

Not even close. The only person who has come close to bashing Christianity is Bigol, and he bashes everyone.

The rest of us have been clear the target of our concern is terrorism, whomsoever commits it.

there are many reasons given here  that claim more terrorist acts are claimed by Christian groups than muslims groups...

almost triumphantly Roll Eyes Roll Eyes... so to speak..

divide and fall... sure as hell we wont find an answer this way..

anyway I am out of here..

I have no interest in america and all its issues.. let them worry about them... not for me...

Nobody has claimed that.

The claim is that there are more extreme right-wing terrorist attacks than Islamist terrorist attacks in the US.

Christian terrorism is a part of that.

To be fair though, the "extreme right-wing" demographic is a lot broader and larger than the demographic responsible for Islamist attacks. One would expect them to commit a larger number of attacks - and moreover they constitute a far broader spectrum of terrorists - pro-lifers, anti-government militias, ku klux clan style racists etc etc...

Its probably not really accurate to lump them all into the one basket and say 'this is a single group of extremists' - and claim they are exactly equivalent to the very specific category of Islamist extremists. They aren't. And I would say exactly the same thing if people lumped say Islamic State inspired terrorists with terrorists who are Palestinian nationalists - just because they are both (nominally) muslim.

Gandalf if you took the list of terrorist attacks in USA since 9/11 and factored in Muslims representing only 0.9% of the population, the figures would look horrendous.

You may also want to check out the list of foiled attacks.
[url]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_terrorist_plots_in_the_United
_States_post-9/11[/url]

And yet still if we stopped pretending terrorism was somehow worse than any other violent crime - and factored into the mix *ALL* violent crime in the US - the Islamists wouldn't even be a blip on the radar - and thats including 9/11.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:57pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
I think there has been as much Christian bashing as Muslim bashing on this thread..

Not even close. The only person who has come close to bashing Christianity is Bigol, and he bashes everyone.

The rest of us have been clear the target of our concern is terrorism, whomsoever commits it.

there are many reasons given here  that claim more terrorist acts are claimed by Christian groups than muslims groups...

I have no interest in america and all its issues.. let them worry about them... not for me...

Nobody has claimed that.

The claim is that there are more extreme right-wing terrorist attacks than Islamist terrorist attacks in the US.

To be fair though, the "extreme right-wing" demographic is a lot broader and larger than the demographic responsible for Islamist attacks. One would expect them to commit a larger number of attacks - and moreover they constitute a far broader spectrum of terrorists - pro-lifers, anti-government militias, ku klux clan style racists etc etc...

Its probably not really accurate to lump them all into the one basket and say 'this is a single group of extremists' - and claim they are exactly equivalent to the very specific category of Islamist extremists. They aren't. And I would say exactly the same thing if people lumped say Islamic State inspired terrorists with terrorists who are Palestinian nationalists - just because they are both (nominally) muslim.

Gandalf if you took the list of terrorist attacks in USA since 9/11 and factored in Muslims representing only 0.9% of the population, the figures would look horrendous.

[url]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_terrorist_plots_in_the_United
_States_post-9/11[/url]

And yet still if we stopped pretending terrorism was somehow worse than any other violent crime - and factored into the mix *ALL* violent crime in the US - the Islamists wouldn't even be a blip on the radar - and thats including 9/11.

An excellent point.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:59pm

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

Nobody is saying it's worse. We aren't talking about standard murder though. We are talking about murder motivated by a political ideology.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:59pm

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

Correct.

The macabre truth of gun control in the US is that toddlers kill more people than terrorists do.

"CLAIM: Toddlers killed more Americans than terrorists in 2015."

"Even using the broadest leeway in counting U.S. victims of “Islamic terrorism” leads to the same mathematical conclusion: More Americans were shot and killed by toddlers in 2015 than were killed by Islamic terrorists."

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #70 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:02pm

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

Crime is crime.
Terrorism is trying to change society with violence.
It's different. Very very different.

If Malala Yousafzai was shot in the head in a robbery is it the same as her being shot in the head and warning other girls not to go to school?

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:04pm

mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:57pm:

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

An excellent point.

A most excellent point.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:07pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:02pm:

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

Crime is crime.

If Malala Yousafzai was shot in the head in a robbery is it the same as her being shot in the head and warning other girls not to go to school?

Malala was the victim of violent crime, not terrorism.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #73 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:07pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:04pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:57pm:

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

An excellent point.

A most excellent point.

Not even 0.9% as excellent as

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #74 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:08pm

mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:02pm:

Nobody has claimed that.

[url]
_States_post-9/11[/url]

Crime is crime.

Malala was the victim of violent crime, not terrorism.

You've got to be fkucking kidding.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Send Topic Print