Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print
Threats of violent Islamist and far-right extremis (Read 6330 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Threats of violent Islamist and far-right extremis
Reply #120 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:11pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
miam

Finished?

Now cite your source.

Don'y want to say huh?

It's alright Hammer. As Karnal would say, we're all friends here.

No matter how batshit crazy your source is, it's better to cite it.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:12pm

From my downloads I have 105 Islamic murders between 1990 and 2014 without 9/11. Add 9/11 that goes up to 3,101.That's not adding the loads of people who have died from the dust when the buildings went down. That's in the hundreds. One of them was 70's singer Donna Summer.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:14pm

miam

Finished?

Now cite your source.
www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/american-attacks.aspx

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:12pm:
From my downloads I have 105 Islamic murders between 1990 and 2014 without 9/11. Add 9/11 that goes up to 3,101.That's not adding the loads of people who have died from the dust when the buildings went down. That's in the hundreds. One of them was 70's singer Donna Summer.

That's interesting.

When i copy and paste your post into google i get:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/american-attacks.aspx

A notoriously disreputable Islamophobic web page.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #124 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:15pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:29am:
freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:24am:
mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:16pm:
Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks in America

So we decided to look at the most current statistics for ourselves, to do an objective numerical count not driven by any agenda.

Specifically, we reviewed all of the terrorist attacks on U.S. soil as documented by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START). (2012). Global Terrorism Database, as retrieved from http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd.

The START Global Terrorism Database spans from 1970 through 2012 (and will be updated from year-to-year), and – as of this writing – includes 104,000 terrorist incidents.  As such, it is the most comprehensive open-source database open to the public.

We counted up the number of terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims.  We excluded attacks by groups which are obviously not Muslims, such as the Ku Klux Klan, Medellin Drug Cartel, Irish Republican Army, Anti-Castro Group, Mormon extremists, Vietnamese Organization to Exterminate Communists and Restore the Nation, Jewish Defense League, May 19 Communist Order, Chicano Liberation Front, Jewish Armed Resistance, American Indian Movement, Gay Liberation Front, Aryan Nation, Jewish Action Movement, National Front for the Liberation of Cuba, or Fourth Reich Skinheads.

We counted attacks by Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Black American Moslems, or anyone who even remotely sounded Muslim … for example anyone from Palestine, Lebanon or any other Arab or Muslim country, or any name including anything sounding remotely Arabic or Indonesian (like “Al” anything or “Jamaat” anything).

If we weren’t sure what the person’s affiliation was, we looked up the name of the group to determine whether it could in any way be connected to Muslims.

Based on our review of the approximately 2,400 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil contained within the START database, we determined that approximately 60 were carried out by Muslims.

In other words, approximately 2.5% of all terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1970 and 2012 were carried out by Muslims.*  This is a tiny proportion of all attacks.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrori...

Mothra do you think the threat of terrorism is adequately capture by statistics that equate a graffiti 'attack' with 9/11?

Is that the best you've got?

Poor FD. Wrong before the counter-arguent hits him.

"In a 2015 New York Times article, University of North Carolina Professor Charles Kurzman and Duke Professor David Schanzer found that Islam-inspired terror attacks accounted for 50 deaths since 9/11, but that “right-wing extremists averaged 337 attacks per year in the decade after 9/11, causing a total of 254 fatalities.”

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-false-claim-foreign-born-domestic-attacks-54e99b...

What exactly is wrong with the question? Do you think the threat of terrorism is adequately captured by statistics that equate a graffiti 'attack' with 9/11?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:15pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:14pm:
miam

Finished?

Now cite your source.
www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/american-attacks.aspx

LOL. Poor Hammer.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:17pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:15pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:29am:
freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:24am:
mothra wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:16pm:
Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks in America

So we decided to look at the most current statistics for ourselves, to do an objective numerical count not driven by any agenda.

Specifically, we reviewed all of the terrorist attacks on U.S. soil as documented by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START). (2012). Global Terrorism Database, as retrieved from http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd.

The START Global Terrorism Database spans from 1970 through 2012 (and will be updated from year-to-year), and – as of this writing – includes 104,000 terrorist incidents.  As such, it is the most comprehensive open-source database open to the public.

We counted up the number of terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims.  We excluded attacks by groups which are obviously not Muslims, such as the Ku Klux Klan, Medellin Drug Cartel, Irish Republican Army, Anti-Castro Group, Mormon extremists, Vietnamese Organization to Exterminate Communists and Restore the Nation, Jewish Defense League, May 19 Communist Order, Chicano Liberation Front, Jewish Armed Resistance, American Indian Movement, Gay Liberation Front, Aryan Nation, Jewish Action Movement, National Front for the Liberation of Cuba, or Fourth Reich Skinheads.

We counted attacks by Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Black American Moslems, or anyone who even remotely sounded Muslim … for example anyone from Palestine, Lebanon or any other Arab or Muslim country, or any name including anything sounding remotely Arabic or Indonesian (like “Al” anything or “Jamaat” anything).

If we weren’t sure what the person’s affiliation was, we looked up the name of the group to determine whether it could in any way be connected to Muslims.

Based on our review of the approximately 2,400 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil contained within the START database, we determined that approximately 60 were carried out by Muslims.

In other words, approximately 2.5% of all terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1970 and 2012 were carried out by Muslims.*  This is a tiny proportion of all attacks.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrori...

Mothra do you think the threat of terrorism is adequately capture by statistics that equate a graffiti 'attack' with 9/11?

Is that the best you've got?

Poor FD. Wrong before the counter-arguent hits him.

"In a 2015 New York Times article, University of North Carolina Professor Charles Kurzman and Duke Professor David Schanzer found that Islam-inspired terror attacks accounted for 50 deaths since 9/11, but that “right-wing extremists averaged 337 attacks per year in the decade after 9/11, causing a total of 254 fatalities.”

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-false-claim-foreign-born-domestic-attacks-54e99b...

What exactly is wrong with the question? Do you think the threat of terrorism is adequately capture by statistics that equate a graffiti 'attack' with 9/11?

I'm curious FD. Who exactly is equating a graffiti attack with 9/11?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #127 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:18pm

Your first lot of statistics do. Your second lot deliberately excludes 9/11. Do you think that is a wise thing to do in gauging terrorism?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:21pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:14pm:

That's interesting.

Forgot about these didn't you muppet-

Wikipedia-As of August 2013, medical authorities concluded that 1,140 people who worked, lived, or studied in Lower Manhattan at the time of the attack have been diagnosed with cancer as a result of "exposure to toxins at Ground Zero".[14] It has been reported that over 1,400 9/11 rescue workers who responded to the scene in the days and months after the attacks have since died.[15] At least ten pregnancies were lost as a result of 9/11.[16]

And they continue to die. Apologist!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:22pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:18pm:
Your first lot of statistics do. Your second lot deliberately excludes 9/11. Do you think that is a wise thing to do in gauging terrorism?
I love how she cuts out 9/11 and the escalation in the last few years. That's customizing her stats. Very tricky.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:23pm

No. They don't. Stop being sillly.

The second lot do . but that is because they are recent.

However, you leveled the whole graffiti attack to the third lot of statistics i gave you, which include 9/11.

Would you like to start over with your last post? I won't hold it against you, promise.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #131 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:25pm

Quote:

Yes they do

Quote:

No they are not. They begin immediately after 9/11. 9/11 itself is excluded because it is inconvenient. More recent attacks are also excluded.

Do you think promoting such transparent and stupid lies is going to reassure people about the threat of Islamic terrorism?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:27pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:22pm:
I love how she cuts out 9/11 and the escalation in the last few years. That's customizing her stats. Very tricky.

No Hammer. I have repeatedly posted stats which include 9/11.

Those posts are littered all throughout this thread.

I seem to need to repeat myself for people like you ... and you still don't get it.

Would you like me to post the again?

Will you promise to read them this time?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:27pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:14pm:

That's interesting.

Love, your stats are failing you. It's missing loads of attacks. Go and have a lie down.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:28pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:25pm:
Quote:

Yes they do

Quote:

No they are not. They begin immediately after 9/11. 9/11 itself is excluded because it is inconvenient. More recent attacks are also excluded.

Do you think promoting such transparent and stupid lies is going to reassure people about the threat of Islamic terrorism?

"However, you leveled the whole graffiti attack to the third lot of statistics i gave you, which include 9/11.

Would you like to start over with your last post? I won't hold it against you, promise.
" - Mothra

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print