Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
When "Nationalisms" Collide... (Read 10187 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: When "Nationalisms" Collide...
Reply #15 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:12am

Grendel wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:01am:
Dnarever wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:12am:
Beautifully written rubbish is still rubbish.

Prove it....  you will be shot down though....  totally. Cheesy

What having to prove that a load of babble concluding that somehow island states are the mecca of one unit democracy is garbage. You have to be kidding right? The premise is that dumb that it is unbelievable.

The article is very obviously about proving a pre held belief to be correct and consists of a load of variable contradicting dribble to achieve the result.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:03am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:19pm:
   None of them has used anti-Multiculturalism as a policy.  Only the PHONies did and we all know how well they went in 1998 and since, now don't we?  How many votes did they get in WA again?  Tsk, tsk.  Stop with your bullshit, please.   Roll Eyes

Er... they went from 0 seats to 3 seats, you silly pillock.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:59pm

Dnarever wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:12am:
Grendel wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:01am:
Dnarever wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:12am:
Beautifully written rubbish is still rubbish.

Prove it....  you will be shot down though....  totally. Cheesy

What having to prove that a load of babble concluding that somehow island states are the mecca of one unit democracy is garbage. You have to be kidding right? The premise is that dumb that it is unbelievable.

The article is very obviously about proving a pre held belief to be correct and consists of a load of variable contradicting dribble to achieve the result.

I suggest you go have some English comprehension lessons and stop posting babble. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:03pm

Frank wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:03am:
   None of them has used anti-Multiculturalism as a policy.  Only the PHONies did and we all know how well they went in 1998 and since, now don't we?  How many votes did they get in WA again?  Tsk, tsk.  Stop with your bullshit, please.   Roll Eyes

Careful... facts only confuse bwian and then he has to make up more complete crap to prop up his fantasies. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #19 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:41pm

Imagine, a scenario where there are no 'nation states'.

I am simply 'a citizen of the world'.

But in that world there will still be 'divisions'.        [.....i image ! ]

e.g.
There are people who are weak and people who are poor.

And there are people who are strong and people who are wealthy.

QUESTION/SCENARIO;
In such a world, i am a weak person.

Q.
In such a world, should i submit to those around me who are stronger than me ?

e.g.
In such a world, what if i were to refuse to 'submit', if am told by a stronger 'fellow citizen' that i must submit to his demands ?

And, if i were to be 'raped' by someone who is stronger than myself, what recourse would i have, against those [in society] who are the strong, and the privileged ?

END OF SCENARIO

Within a society of men,        those who are strong, or, wealthy, can always 'buy' social privilege, and/or, power and influence.

Can you imagine a world of men, a society of men,        ....where that is not so ?

Humanity has imagined a Utopia.

But humanity has never [yet] produced a Utopia.

Dictionary;
Utopia = = an imagined perfect place or state of things.

Quote:

"Right is only in question between equals, and while the strong do what they can, the weak suffer what they must."

- Thucydides (460-400 B.C.) Greek Historian

---------- >

Quote:

Social Contract Theory Law and Legal Definition

Social contract theory is based on the idea of a contractual agreement between the individual and the state, under which the power of the sovereign is justified by a hypothetical social contract in which the people agree to obey in all matters in return for a guarantee of peace and security, which they lack in the warlike "state of nature" posited to exist before the contract is made.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/s/social-contract-theory/

AND......

Natural Law....

Quote:

"16.  The state of war is a state of enmity and destruction; and therefore declaring by word or action, not a passionate and hasty, but sedate, settled design upon another man's life puts him in a state of war with him against whom he has declared such an intention, and so has exposed his life to the other's power to be taken away by him, or any one that joins with him in his defence, and espouses his quarrel; it being reasonable and just I should have a right to destroy that which threatens me with destruction; for by the fundamental law of Nature, man being to be preserved as much as possible, when all cannot be preserved, the safety of the innocent is to be preferred, and one may destroy a man who makes war upon him, or has discovered an enmity to his being, for the same reason that he may kill a wolf or a lion, because they are not under the ties of the common law of reason, have no other rule but that of force and violence, and so may be treated as a beast of prey, those dangerous and noxious creatures that will be sure to destroy him whenever he falls into their power.
17.  And hence it is that he who attempts to get another man into his absolute power does thereby put himself into a state of war with him; it being to be understood as a declaration of a design upon his life. For I have reason to conclude that he who would get me into his power without my consent would use me as he pleased when he had got me there, and destroy me too when he had a fancy to it; for nobody can desire to have me in his absolute power unless it be to compel me by force to that which is against the right of my freedom- i.e.  make me a slave..."

Of the State of War

- John Locke (1632-1704)

"....he who attempts to get another man into his absolute power does thereby put himself into a state of war with him;.....

......For I have reason to conclude that he who would get me into his power without my consent would use me as he pleased when he had got me there, and destroy me too when he had a fancy to it;"

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 2:22pm

3 Seats in the Legislative Assembly, Soren.  Guess that means they now run WA, right?  You really are being rather foolish, you realise?  The PHONies despite all the hype only gained ~5% of the vote in WA.   Hardly going to win government with that, now are they?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 9:24pm

According to the ABC this morning Labor has no majority and groups like ON will hold control or the balance of power.
Oh and the Legislative Council is the Upper House.

Just more off topic waffle from you eh bwian... Cheesy

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 9:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 2:22pm:

3 Seats in the Legislative Assembly, Soren.  Guess that means they now run WA, right?  You really are being rather foolish, you realise?  The PHONies despite all the hype only gained ~5% of the vote in WA.   Hardly going to win government with that, now are they?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

They had NO sets before the election.  Now they are in balance of power position.
What representation do YOU have in parliament, old slapper?

You are buggered, once again, Mister 'Masters Degree in History balancing details with the big picture'.  You are a vacuous old aunt, Brian. Life is passing you by, over your head. Detail and big picture.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 9:52pm

Grendel wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
According to the ABC this morning Labor has no majority and groups like ON will hold control or the balance of power.

Really?

How did they form government then?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #24 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:53pm

Where did I deny that it was the "upper house", Geoff?  Building strawmen arguments again?  Tsk, tsk.   What was their vote again?  ~5% wasn't it?  Really going to control WA, now aren't they?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:54pm

Frank wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 9:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 2:22pm:

They had NO sets before the election.  Now they are in balance of power position.
What representation do YOU have in parliament, old slapper?

You are buggered, once again, Mister 'Masters Degree in History balancing details with the big picture'.  You are a vacuous old aunt, Brian. Life is passing you by, over your head. Detail and big picture.

Tsk, tsk, Soren, you really need to learn what the "balance of power" means, before you spout on about it.  Silly sausage.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #26 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:41am

QUESTION;

Do the Japanese people have cause to be grateful to the people and government of the United States of America ?

After all, Japan was defeated by the USA, in war.

Quote:

Japan: The Grateful Generation

by Amir George  •  March 26, 2017 at 4:00 am

....."We fought against them [Americans] and instead of harming us, they fed, clothed and rebuilt us.

If it had been the Russians who had won the war instead, we would now be like North Korea."
- Owner of a noodle shop, Japan.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10114/grateful-japan

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

America, Americans, teach their children to have national pride.

Occasionally on our TV's we will see, hand on heart at school assembly, US children swearing allegiance to the flag and to the constitution/republic of the USA.

Quote:

Pledge of Allegiance

....Congressional sessions open with the recital of the Pledge, as do many government meetings at local levels, and meetings held by many private organizations. It is also commonly recited in school at the beginning of every school day, although the Supreme Court has ruled in West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette that students cannot be compelled to recite the Pledge, nor can they be punished for not doing so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

Google;
us children, school assembly, swear allegiance to flag

Google;
muslim students leave assembly during the singing of advance Australia fair

QUESTION;

Maybe, we [Australia], should be encouraging the Japanese, to migrate to Australia ???

Just food for thought.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 1:03pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 9:52pm:

Just more off topic waffle from you eh bwian...
Cheesy

Really?

How did they form government then?

The point being made is the seats ON now hold in WA...  and I explained that already...
You need to stop being an idiot for once Gweggy... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 1:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:53pm:

Where did I deny that it was the "upper house", Geoff?  Building strawmen arguments again?  Tsk, tsk.   
No bwian, just correcting your stupidity...  ON has 3 seats in the LC
What was their vote again?  ~5% wasn't it?  Really going to control WA, now aren't they? 
I suggest you take it up with the ABC if you don't know how the WA state parliament works...
  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Oh and bwian...  stop being a lying hypocrite for once in your life

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #29 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 6:59pm

Sorry? Did you say something, Geoff?  I can't read you when you don't use the quote feature properly, its all too messy.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print