Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
USA wants $500m from Cambodia (Read 1154 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
USA wants $500m from Cambodia
Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:52pm

I think Cambodia should repay it, after USA has collected every last UXO from Cambodia, and while they're at it, Laos and Vietnam.

Perhaps a few Americans could spend 6 months digging up cluster bombs. I hear its nearly as good a workout as swinging a kettlebell.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/fury-in-cambodia-as-us-asks-to-be-paid-back-hundreds...

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: USA wants $500m from Cambodia
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 8:12pm

I do not know who is right or wrong in this....all I know is.. lets hope none of these countries ever ask any Western nation to help them out when they are under attack.....the Yanks never ever get a thank you its always they did this they did that...and of course the Kymer Rouge now are almost the saviors...

write it off America  .. just never forget thats all you can do.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Its time for someone in authority, who has a least half a brain and a sense of decency, to put an end to this travesty.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 11:22pm

It costs the United States $80 million for a nuclear weapon in their stockpile. How many thousands of them do the United States have in their arse.... arsenal? Only 7 nuclear weapons are the equivalent cost of what Cambodia's debt is to the United States. The United States committed 1 trillion dollars to a 10-year campaign in the Middle East, with the intention of getting control of Iraqi oil fields. I am no economist. Yet, my knowledge of cost-benefit ratios is enough to know that it seems hypocritical of the United States to ask for a debt that is a lot to a country like Cambodia, but minuscule to the United States. Of course, I personally would not turn down $500 million. But, consider the development that Cambodia has gone through in the last 20 years, you would think that the United States would consider it as aid, and forgive the debt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print