Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
What you don't know about the Quran (Read 3113 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: What you don't know about the Quran
Reply #30 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:00pm

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1483066109/46#46
Quote:

This may interest you.....

There is hard historical EVIDENCE, that the Koran was fabricated and revised, until the final 'authorised' edition was widely 'accepted'.

Links to an argument and evidence, presented in that post.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:03pm

Auggie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:54pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:50pm:
Auggie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:45pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:43pm:
Auggie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:39pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:35pm:
Auggie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:33pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:31pm:
Auggie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:26pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:09pm:
I'm surprised this is seen as novel. Muslims have always had to study the chronology in order to sort out the contradictions. The more recent verses (typically the more violent and oppressive ones) are seen as over-riding the earlier ones.

Muslims will say there are no contradictions in the Quran-
quran.com/4/82

This verse allows alcohol so why do muslims avoid it?
quran.com/16/67

The verse of the sword abrogates all the peaceful verses just like the later verse that outlaws alcohol.
quran.com/9/5

The other issue is that the later verses are of a completely different structure. This indicates to me that there was some editing done, and that the Medinan verses reflect more of a hadith than a 'recitation.'

That did kind of stick with me. No idea whether it is true. Gandalf?

I don't think you need "editing" to explain it. Muhammed started out preaching peace and tolerance, then turned into an angry, bitter old man preaching money and bitches.

According to Islam, though, what is written in the Quran is the literal 'word of God.' Following this logic, why would God speak in a poetic manner, preaching peace, tolerance, etc. and then change to a 'talking voice' in which he preaches violence, etc. Surely, someone as 'omnipotent' as God would talk with one voice in the same way?

If the Quran is the literal words from God why does Allah creator of the universe have the mentality of a tribal warlord from the Arabian desert?

Because that's my point: the later verses aren't verses revealed by God. They were texts written by human beings for their own ends.

It was the Caliph Uthman who made the Quran into a book about 23 years after Muhammad died, up till then it was passed down in the memory of humans.

Those who memorised the Quran are given the title of Hafiz.

Many Hafiz were getting killed in battles that is why Uthman made it into a book.

The earlier verses were composed in a structure that made it easier to pass down orally and to memorize.

Which could've easily led it to corruption during such time. Uthman collected the texts years after Muhammad. There was reason why he or the community redacted the texts for their ends.

If you only read one book it would be very easy to memorise.

Muslims claim the Quran has never been corrupted because Allah said he protected it from being corrupted.

We know muslims believe stoning to death is the punishment for adultery yet that verse is not in the Quran.

What happened to the stoning verse and WTF is breastfeeding an adult all about,perhaps you should google breastfeeding fatwa for answers with that
Sunnah.com/urn/1262630

So, how did God protect it from being corrupted? Did he intervene to protect its corruption? Did he place a divine shield around the texts of the Quran that zapped anyone who tried to redact it?

The other issue you raise is the second problem with the Islamic scripture: that they use Hadith as an authoritative source. Frankily, I don't even understand why the Hadith even constitute as an authoritative source. The Quran is supposed to be the 'word of God' not a narrative on what Muhammad said or did. The latter is all historical.

It's pretty clear you don't understand much about Islam.

The hadith gives you the context for the verses in the Quran

This verse Sunnah.com/nasai/36/21 explains the context of this verse in the quran quran.com/66/1
Nice to see Allah was always there to help Muhammad with his sex life after he was caught having sex with his Coptic Christian slave girl by his wives

Keep going one day you will understand Islam, sex slaves are halal for muslim men.

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:09pm by Baronvonrort »  

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #32 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:06pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
I'm surprised this is seen as novel. Muslims have always had to study the chronology in order to sort out the contradictions. The more recent verses (typically the more violent and oppressive ones) are seen as over-riding the earlier ones.

quran.com/4/82

quran.com/16/67

The verse of the sword abrogates all the peaceful verses just like the later verse that outlaws alcohol.
quran.com/9/5

The other issue is that the later verses are of a completely different structure. This indicates to me that there was some editing done, and that the Medinan verses reflect more of a hadith than a 'recitation.'

I don't think you need "editing" to explain it. Muhammed started out preaching peace and tolerance, then turned into an angry, bitter old man preaching money and bitches.

According to Islam, though, what is written in the Quran is the literal 'word of God.' Following this logic, why would God speak in a poetic manner, preaching peace, tolerance, etc. and then change to a 'talking voice' in which he preaches violence, etc. Surely, someone as 'omnipotent' as God would talk with one voice in the same way?

If the Quran is the literal words from God why does Allah creator of the universe have the mentality of a tribal warlord from the Arabian desert?

Because that's my point: the later verses aren't verses revealed by God. They were texts written by human beings for their own ends.

It was the Caliph Uthman who made the Quran into a book about 23 years after Muhammad died, up till then it was passed down in the memory of humans.

Many Hafiz were getting killed in battles that is why Uthman made it into a book.

The earlier verses were composed in a structure that made it easier to pass down orally and to memorize.

Which could've easily led it to corruption during such time. Uthman collected the texts years after Muhammad. There was reason why he or the community redacted the texts for their ends.

Muslims claim the Quran has never been corrupted because Allah said he protected it from being corrupted.

We know muslims believe stoning to death is the punishment for adultery yet that verse is not in the Quran.

What happened to the stoning verse and WTF is breastfeeding an adult all about,perhaps you should google breastfeeding fatwa for answers with that
Sunnah.com/urn/1262630

So, how did God protect it from being corrupted? Did he intervene to protect its corruption? Did he place a divine shield around the texts of the Quran that zapped anyone who tried to redact it?

The other issue you raise is the second problem with the Islamic scripture: that they use Hadith as an authoritative source. Frankily, I don't even understand why the Hadith even constitute as an authoritative source. The Quran is supposed to be the 'word of God' not a narrative on what Muhammad said or did. The latter is all historical.

This verse Sunnah.com/nasai/36/21 explains the context of this verse in the quran quran.com/66/1

Keep going one day you will understand Islam, sex slaves are halal for muslim men.

I understand it. My point is that if I were a Muslim, I wouldn't subscribe to these standard beliefs. I would form my own interpretation based on reason, and not based on scripture. No text is infallible. The belief that scripture is inerrant is a belief that is designed to control and manipulate people.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:09pm

Hail Caesar!
Quote:
Because that's my point: the later verses aren't verses revealed by God. They were texts written by human beings for their own ends

How does that gel then with the claim that Muslims make that the Koran is the inviolable, immutable and uncorruptable word of God and may not be altered...  ever...

I think that is right...  anyone got a quote from Muhammad?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:10pm

Auggie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:06pm:

quran.com/4/82

quran.com/16/67

quran.com/9/5

Sunnah.com/urn/1262630

I understand it. My point is that if I were a Muslim, I wouldn't subscribe to these standard beliefs. I would form my own interpretation based on reason, and not based on scripture. No text is infallible. The belief that scripture is inerrant is a belief that is designed to control and manipulate people.

If you were a muslim and capable of reasoning you would realise Islam is just bullshit barfed up by a 7th century desert bandit.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #35 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:14pm

Auggie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:34pm:

......I don't think we should embrace Sharia Law; but neither should Muslims.

We don't live in a 7th century world anymore.

That fact is irrelevant, to the devout moslem.

The doctrines of ISLAM [being Allah's 'perfect' religion, have authority until judgement day].

And the same for the strictures of ISLAMIC law.

But why so ?

Because the Koran is inerrant.        [< ------ that is an article of the ISLAMIC faith]

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #36 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:14pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:10pm:
Auggie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:06pm:

quran.com/4/82

quran.com/16/67

quran.com/9/5

Sunnah.com/urn/1262630

If you were a muslim and capable of reasoning you would realise Islam is just bullshit barfed up by a 7th century desert bandit.

Except for the verses where it says: "and those who do good and give charity...." The Meccan verses are loaded with these sorts of verses.

The poetic verses of the Quran are actually quite sophisticated in structure and lexicon.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 11:42am

freediver wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:28pm:
Aussie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:17pm:
Doesn't the New Testament over-ride the Old?

That's why Christianity and Judaism are different religions Aussie.

I did not ask why.  I asked if it was agreed by all that the NT over-rides the OT.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 2:14pm

That's like saying Harry Potter over-rides Hamlet Aussie....
Hope that clears things up for you Smiley

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 2:17pm

Oh and Aussie a bit more help for you...

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
    41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
    42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
    — Matthew 5:38–5:42 KJV

Hope that helps clear it up for you... Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #40 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 7:28pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 11:42am:

I did not ask why.  I asked if it was agreed by all that the NT over-rides the OT.

Would you like me to draw you a picture Aussie?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 9:13pm

LOL Aussie and bwian 2 peas in a pod...

I note he used the all gambit.... 

Does he mean everyone on the planet do you think?
Go bwi Sorry, Aussie Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 9:15pm

freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 7:28pm:

Sure, if you think it will help.  Please draw me a picture.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 9:18pm

LOL Bwian 2.0 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 2:09pm

freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 7:28pm:

Maybe you could post a map, FD.

You know, an inbreeding map.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print