Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Indonesia sues Australia (Read 7380 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Indonesia sues Australia
Reply #60 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:13pm

Unforgiven wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:02pm:

It appears they were illegally detained and imprisoned.
No kidding, Einstein.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:15pm

Dnarever wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:53pm:
Maybe if we didn't abuse the rights of children there would be no problem.

The main issue here is that we are actually guilty.
Correct.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:23pm

rhino wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:02pm:

It appears they were illegally detained and imprisoned.
No kidding, Einstein.
You cloth eared clod, you didnt even realise you were agreeing with me.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #63 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:48am

rhino wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:40pm:
God, you are a fool. why must i explain these very simple facts, its like talking to a mongol.

Sorry?  I'm not an inhabitant of nor was I born in Mongolia, Rhino.   Do you set out to be deliberately insulting or does it just flow naturally from your fingertips?

Quote:
They were either in remand or sentenced, in which case they had a trial. Completely irrelevant questions.

They had a trial, and their conviction and imprisonment in adult gaols was based on what evidence again?  Oh, that's right, wrist x-rays.   So, we are back to where we started again.   Stop being a fool, Rhino.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #64 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 8:38am

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Oh dear, more Xenophobia and ignorance about the law.

It is not illegal to seek Asylum on Australia's shores.  Even the Federal Government has stopped short of trying that.   The High Court has forced it to stop calling Asylum Seekers, "illegals".   Time you did as well.  Catch up with the legal side, please.

They are unlawful non-citizens, regardless of what they or you want to call them. And as such they can and must be detained, where ever we detained 'unlawfuls', for as long as it takes to process them or send them back from whence they came.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #65 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:44am

So we just let children get a free pass when foreigners use them to conduct illegal activities, and the problem will go away?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #66 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:00pm

freediver wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:44am:

So we just let children get a free pass when foreigners use them to conduct illegal activities, and the problem will go away?

That worked well with people smugglers.

We started to see an influx of children with no parents.
Then once established we had their parents as well.

Treat all illegals and people smugglers as invaders and force them back or do what the Russians did.

Blow them out of the water.

They did warn them, but they kept coming, thinking that they had some sort of rights.
Russia fired a couple of warning shots and the BOOM

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #67 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 6:14pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 4:22pm:
Indonesia is legally allowed to sue Australia for wrongful incarceration of minors.

It's typical of some sorts of people that they use this as an excuse to again bag the Indonesians on unrelated matters.

It is not an excuse for Indonesia to attack Australia militarily.   Indonesia knows that their forces are neither equipped nor trained to undertake a successful military campaign against Australia.   Their air force would be grounded with hours, more than likely destroyed.   Their navy would be confined to port.   Their ground forces would be useless.   Their economy would be paralysed and wrecked within a few weeks.

I do wish certain people would wake up to how silly they sound on these forums with their endless tirades of Racism/Xenophobia/Islamophobia.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Can we criticise them for hypocrisy in not suing those who are actually responsible for sending children on an illegal smuggling operation?

If those people have committed something illegal, then yes you can, FD, to your heart's content but it is a separate matter to Australia's illegal incarceration of minors and concerns Indonesian Law, not Australian Law.  Illegal incarceration of minors in Australian gaols however concerns Australian law.

Start a separate thread on it.  Go at it to your heart's content but you cannot use it as a means to shirk Australia's responsibilities.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Great, we can charge them under Indonesian monkey law and then behead them just like they do.

Problem solved.

Too bad they aint female, we could Genitally mutilate them and sell them off to the pedophile infested Indonesian muzzos.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:12pm

freediver wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:11am:
I wonder if they are going to sue the people who keep putting children on the smuggling boats? Giving child smugglers a free pass is what causes the use of children in these dangerous jobs.

Australia sued for allegedly jailing Indonesian juveniles for people smuggling

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australia-sued-for-allegedly-jailing-indonesian-juveniles-for-people-smuggling-20170223-guk1uc.html

Jakarta: The Australian government is being sued for $103 million for allegedly jailing Indonesian juveniles for people smuggling in adult prisons or holding them in immigration detention between 2008 and 2012.

The class action, which began in the Central Jakarta District Court on Thursday, comes as the Commonwealth admitted in Western Australia this week that evidence used to demonstrate an Indonesian was an adult and not a child in a 2010 people smuggling case was unreliable.

Presiding Judge Ibnu Basuki Widodo said the four defendants in the case were the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection, the Australian Federal Police, the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions and the Attorney-General's Department.

"We have summoned them but nobody showed up," Judge Widodo said.

He adjourned the trial until May 30 to give the Australian parties three months to respond.

tell em! their DREAMIN..... heh heh heh..

their goes their foreign aid..

can we have a petition please to demand we stop giving this junket our hard earned MONEY..

those who want it stopped should  tell all  parties  any more money sent to Indonesia.. and they can expect..... NO VOTE...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:18pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-18154044

Inside the oldest children's prison in Indonesia
22 May 2012 Last updated at 10:38 BST
The Tangerang Penitentiary is the oldest children prison in Indonesia and has special facilities to provide its inmates - over 200 boys between 16 and 18 years old - with some education.
But not all the underage inmates are sent to juvenile prisons. In fact, a third of children are still sent to adult prisons in the country.
Activists say that their living conditions do not meet the standards required by the UN Convention on children's welfare.

The government says it does not have the budget to build more juvenile prisons like the Tangerang Penitentiary.
BBC Indonesia's Kinanti Pinta reports.
Video produced by BBC Indonesia's Sri Lestari

well well well... seems its a bit of the old pot and kettle.. Angry

I bet the kids are treated a lot better in our jails than in their own..

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 5:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:48am:

They had a trial, and their conviction and imprisonment in adult gaols was based on what evidence again?  Oh, that's right, wrist x-rays.   So, we are back to where we started again.   Stop being a fool, Rhino.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
*sigh* Wrist x rays were not part of their trials if they had one. Most of these people spent around 2 years in remand waiting for a trial. Read my lips, wrist x rays were used to determine their adult status in order to incarcerate them in adult detention facilities. Nothing to do with their actual trials for people  smuggling. You are fairly thick Brian but even you should be able to understand this.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 5:16pm

cods wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:18pm:

The Tangerang Penitentiary is the oldest children prison in Indonesia and has special facilities to provide its inmates - over 200 boys between 16 and 18 years old - with some education.
But not all the underage inmates are sent to juvenile prisons. In fact, a third of children are still sent to adult prisons in the country.
Activists say that their living conditions do not meet the standards required by the UN Convention on children's welfare.

The government says it does not have the budget to build more juvenile prisons like the Tangerang Penitentiary.

I dont think we should treat children badly just because they do.

Quote:

Debatable, it is known that a number of Indonesian detainees were raped in Australian detention facilities. They were and are also incarcerated in  maximum security along with serial killers, pedophiles, sexual predators and basically the worst of the worst. Ok do you think Cods?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 5:20pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:44am:

That worked well with people smugglers.

We started to see an influx of children with no parents.
Then once established we had their parents as well.

Treat all illegals and people smugglers as invaders and force them back or do what the Russians did.

Blow them out of the water.

They did warn them, but they kept coming, thinking that they had some sort of rights.
Russia fired a couple of warning shots and the BOOM
there was no "influx" of underage people smugglers, there were actually very few underage crew members in total.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #73 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 5:42pm

Cods evidently believes Australia should be in a race to the bottom in regard to incarceration of juveniles, especially Indonesian Muslims.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #74 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 5:56pm

Unforgiven wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 5:42pm:

Cods evidently believes Australia should be in a race to the bottom in regard to incarceration of juveniles, especially Indonesian Muslims.

Its got nothing to do with the conditions or the fact that, Alleged, Children were incarcerated with adults.
This is all about how much the monkeys can get out of Australia.

Do any of you honestly think that Joko has even the slightest consideration for the Alleged Kids?
Do you think he would waste even a seconds thought on their plight?
Do you think any Indonesian give a flying Fingle about their fellows?

You all know the answers, but its not about truth or honesty.
Its all about looking for another stick with which to beat the Australian people.

They committed a crime.
I doubt that Australia would have incarcerated them with adults if they knew the were children.
But you know that when asked they either denied everything, lied and refused to cooperate with the authorities.
They are there simply because they committed a crime and refused to be identified.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print