Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Aleppo, where children have stopped crying. (Read 1388 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Aleppo, where children have stopped crying.
Reply #15 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:04pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:58pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:44pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:39pm:
Obama and Clinton encouraged the rebels (some of who were/are Islamic fundamentalists) and engaged in bombing campaigns. They learnt nothing from the past interventions and the media was mostly silent on it. It took an outsider in Trump to finally put an end (hopefully) to invading countries and supporting rebel factions.

Obama supported the rebels because Syria was pro Russian and Saudi Arabia also wanted Syria turned into a wahabi wonderland.  Assad was painted as the baddie and USA supported the Islamists.

X3 to Gordy.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #16 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:15pm

Some essential reading from 2012...nailed it

Well, they are not backing the uprisings in the terms that they initially took place. What happened is that Saudi Arabia and its ally Qatar along with Washington realised that the Islamists were going to come to power whether we like it or not and so Saudi Arabia took control of this from the very beginning. The Muslim Brotherhood and the more radical Salifis in Egypt and in Yemen and in Syria are all essentially Saudi and Qatar proxies.

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2012/s3434650.htm

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #17 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:20pm

Govt controlled beach Syria 2017

IBI

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:22pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:39am:
cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:28am:
Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:25am:
At the first moments of the Arab spring in Syria, who backed the Sunni Islamists?  They're to blame.

dont care gordon.. blame blame blame.. and we can forget about it once we do that.. Angry Angry Angry

not me I am afraid... it haunts me... the place is a cemetery......and the killing is massive...its horrific

Well Cods, it's happening in Yemen RIGHT NOW for exactly the same reasons.

Saudi Arabia backed the Sunni Islamists in Syria.

Today, right now, Wahhabi Saudi Arabia is pounding Yeman with all their military might, and they're also blockading their ports.
Yeman imports 90% of their food so they're now on the brink of famine.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-24/yemen-on-brink-of-famine-mass-starvation-u...

Saudi Arabia must be a fantastic country you never hear any criticism of that country in any leftist news reports.

All muslims face Mecca in Saudi Arabia when they pray, an inconvenient truth.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 8:39am

Setanta wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:49pm:
cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:40pm:
Setanta wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:23pm:
cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:53am:
Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:39am:
cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:28am:
Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:25am:
At the first moments of the Arab spring in Syria, who backed the Sunni Islamists?  They're to blame.

dont care gordon.. blame blame blame.. and we can forget about it once we do that.. Angry Angry Angry

not me I am afraid... it haunts me... the place is a cemetery......and the killing is massive...its horrific

Well Cods, it's happening in Yemen RIGHT NOW for exactly the same reasons.

Saudi Arabia backed the Sunni Islamists in Syria.

Today, right now, Wahhabi Saudi Arabia is pounding Yeman with all their military might, and they're also blockading their ports.
Yeman imports 90% of their food so they're now on the brink of famine.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-24/yemen-on-brink-of-famine-mass-starvation-u...

he UN urgently needs more than $5 billion by the end of March to help the 7 million on the brink of famine in Yemen and the nearly 13 million people facing possible in north Nigeria, Somalia and South Sudan.

"We are facing a tragedy. We must avoid it becoming a catastrophe," UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres told reporters at a press conference in New York.

"This is preventable if the international community takes decisive action."

and thats the UNs answer......its a joke tell me its a joke???>..

why doesnt it stop the war??????>..

why is it always left up to the WEST?????...

why is it always about money.....???>..

the UN is a disgrace it should not be allowed to go on like this..

The UN does not have an army, how is it going to go head to head with an US(West) backed and armed Saudi Arabia? The UN is like a parliament.

Yes, we still are barbarians, civilisation is but a thin veneer, an onion skin.

they do have UN troops provided by the members of the UN....my son in law was in Cyprus twice...but how tough is that place for gawds sakes...now I mean..

its not the troops so much as the talking the talk..

what the hell is the UN about??? it doesnt prevent anything..it sits on the sidelines watching children treated like targets on a firing range..

they are a bloody disgrace..they sit and watch disaster after disaster...

the middle east has been a GROWING cancer for years and years.. and nothing looks like changing anywhere in the future...

and yet what do they do.???

pontificate

if this was the catholic church the high courts around the world would have them all  in chains... yet the UN never gets challenged.. answers to no one.. Angry Angry Angry

They have to ask for troops to be seconded to them from the worlds nations, they do not have any. The bloody disgrace are the people doing it, put the blame where it belongs. The next in line are the nations that support them, I suggest you check out who that is.

I dont believe the UN HAS TO ASK.. set... I believe those countries have no choice...

I dont know for sure I have never read their constitution...but it is up the the UN when troops go in.

special troops get special treatment and payrates..

I dont mind this idea iof it works.. but it hardly happens... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. have they ever sent in special troops to Rwanda for instance or the Sudan..... where they did/or do everything bar eat each other???

I have not seen the UN prevent anything to be honest...or change anything....

everywhere we look in that region is Mad Dictators who does anyone deal with them?????

there is no reasoning with sickos..

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #20 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 3:57pm

Children can't cry if they are not alive. Admittedly, I have not been following what has gone on in Syria. Perhaps one day I will read a book about the problem. But, from what I have seen, the civilians are using the children as a type of human shield. As propaganda for the media. I do not care for a society that is only modern clothing attired away from the stone age and treats children as blackmail.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #21 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:06pm

cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:22am:
omg what are we doing....someone tell me what is this all for?.

I want to scoop them up and make them safe....the world should hang its head in shame...we have learnt not a thing have we?????

we are as barbaric as we ever were....killing for the hell of it..

I dont understand what the rest of the world is doing about this????>....are we just sitting back pretending it isnt going on day and night.....ARE WE?...

is there nothing we can do at all?.... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

We are killing the Islamists as quickly as we are able to without upsetting the other Muslims who think we want to settle there and raise goats.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #22 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:16pm

cods wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 8:39am:
everywhere we look in that region is Mad Dictators who does anyone deal with them?????

There would be no mad dictators in the Middle East f it did not suit Uncle Sam's purpose to keep the Middle East in a state of chaos.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #23 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Unforgiven wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:16pm:

There would be no mad dictators in the Middle East f it did not suit Uncle Sam's purpose to keep the Middle East in a state of chaos.

Bullllshittttt.

The region is full of maddddcrnnttsss

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:41pm

Unforgiven wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:16pm:

What would it be like? Just one mad dictator using it to launch slaving raids into Europe and Africa?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print