Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Aleppo, where children have stopped crying. (Read 1390 times)
Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Aleppo, where children have stopped crying.
Feb 25th, 2017 at 3:45am

Footage may be distressing to some.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Aleppo, where children have stopped crying.
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:22am

omg what are we doing....someone tell me what is this all for?.

I want to scoop them up and make them safe....the world should hang its head in shame...we have learnt not a thing have we?????

we are as barbaric as we ever were....killing for the hell of it..

I dont understand what the rest of the world is doing about this????>....are we just sitting back pretending it isnt going on day and night.....ARE WE?...

is there nothing we can do at all?.... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:25am

At the first moments of the Arab spring in Syria, who backed the Sunni Islamists?  They're to blame.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:28am

Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:25am:
At the first moments of the Arab spring in Syria, who backed the Sunni Islamists?  They're to blame.

dont care gordon.. blame blame blame.. and we can forget about it once we do that.. Angry Angry Angry

not me I am afraid... it haunts me... the place is a cemetery......and the killing is massive...its horrific

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:39am

cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:28am:

dont care gordon.. blame blame blame.. and we can forget about it once we do that.. Angry Angry Angry

not me I am afraid... it haunts me... the place is a cemetery......and the killing is massive...its horrific

Well Cods, it's happening in Yemen RIGHT NOW for exactly the same reasons.

Saudi Arabia backed the Sunni Islamists in Syria.

Today, right now, Wahhabi Saudi Arabia is pounding Yeman with all their military might, and they're also blockading their ports.
Yeman imports 90% of their food so they're now on the brink of famine.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-24/yemen-on-brink-of-famine-mass-starvation-u...

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:53am

Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:39am:

Today, right now, Wahhabi Saudi Arabia is pounding Yeman with all their military might, and they're also blockading their ports.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-24/yemen-on-brink-of-famine-mass-starvation-u...

he UN urgently needs more than $5 billion by the end of March to help the 7 million on the brink of famine in Yemen and the nearly 13 million people facing possible in north Nigeria, Somalia and South Sudan.

"We are facing a tragedy. We must avoid it becoming a catastrophe," UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres told reporters at a press conference in New York.

"This is preventable if the international community takes decisive action."

and thats the UNs answer......its a joke tell me its a joke???>..

why doesnt it stop the war??????>..

why is it always left up to the WEST?????...

why is it always about money.....???>..

the UN is a disgrace it should not be allowed to go on like this..

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:23pm

cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:53am:

he UN urgently needs more than $5 billion by the end of March to help the 7 million on the brink of famine in Yemen and the nearly 13 million people facing possible in north Nigeria, Somalia and South Sudan.

"We are facing a tragedy. We must avoid it becoming a catastrophe," UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres told reporters at a press conference in New York.

The UN does not have an army, how is it going to go head to head with an US(West) backed and armed Saudi Arabia? The UN is like a parliament.

Yes, we still are barbarians, civilisation is but a thin veneer, an onion skin.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:30pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:23pm:

The UN does not have an army, how is it going to go head to head with an US(West) backed and armed Saudi Arabia? The UN is like a parliament.

Thats what I say about nutjobs waving placards about beheading and sharia. 

Liberal democracies are an oddity in human history and we shouldn't take ours for granted

IBI

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:39pm

Obama and Clinton encouraged the rebels (some of who were/are Islamic fundamentalists) and engaged in bombing campaigns. They learnt nothing from the past interventions and the media was mostly silent on it. It took an outsider in Trump to finally put an end (hopefully) to invading countries and supporting rebel factions.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:40pm

they do have UN troops provided by the members of the UN....my son in law was in Cyprus twice...but how tough is that place for gawds sakes...now I mean..

its not the troops so much as the talking the talk..

what the hell is the UN about??? it doesnt prevent anything..it sits on the sidelines watching children treated like targets on a firing range..

they are a bloody disgrace..they sit and watch disaster after disaster...

the middle east has been a GROWING cancer for years and years.. and nothing looks like changing anywhere in the future...

and yet what do they do.???

pontificate

if this was the catholic church the high courts around the world would have them all  in chains... yet the UN never gets challenged.. answers to no one.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:43pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:39pm:
Obama and Clinton encouraged the rebels (some of who were/are Islamic fundamentalists) and engaged in bombing campaigns. They learnt nothing from the past interventions and the media was mostly silent on it. It took an outsider in Trump to finally put an end (hopefully) to invading countries and supporting rebel factions.

well hopefully... people help because they think these people are honest and want the best for their own countries...

we cant and shouldnt judge everyone because of some individuals.. who let them down..

if you had 7 sons and one turned into a thief you wouldnt want them all judged to be thieves would you?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:44pm

Obama supported the rebels because Syria was pro Russian and Saudi Arabia also wanted Syria turned into a wahabi wonderland.  Assad was painted as the baddie and USA supported the Islamists.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:46pm

Here's a beach in Govt controlled Syria

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #13 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:49pm

cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:40pm:

they do have UN troops provided by the members of the UN....my son in law was in Cyprus twice...but how tough is that place for gawds sakes...now I mean..

its not the troops so much as the talking the talk..

what the hell is the UN about??? it doesnt prevent anything..it sits on the sidelines watching children treated like targets on a firing range..

they are a bloody disgrace..they sit and watch disaster after disaster...

the middle east has been a GROWING cancer for years and years.. and nothing looks like changing anywhere in the future...

and yet what do they do.???

pontificate

if this was the catholic church the high courts around the world would have them all  in chains... yet the UN never gets challenged.. answers to no one.. Angry Angry Angry

They have to ask for troops to be seconded to them from the worlds nations, they do not have any. The bloody disgrace are the people doing it, put the blame where it belongs. The next in line are the nations that support them, I suggest you check out who that is.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:58pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:44pm:

Obama supported the rebels because Syria was pro Russian and Saudi Arabia also wanted Syria turned into a wahabi wonderland.  Assad was painted as the baddie and USA supported the Islamists.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print