Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Islam vs Islamism, Muslims vs Islamists (Read 23154 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islam vs Islamism, Muslims vs Islamists
Reply #60 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 2:06pm

You missed out all the bits about loving thine enemy, Moses.

Curious.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #61 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 2:16pm

moses wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 2:04pm:
Quote:
Nah....that Pope was doing no 'sayething.'  He was organising the 'Crusading' slaughter of Muslims in Arabia from his Vatican Temple.  Terrorist...Christian?

The criteria is set out here:

Mathew 15:9  But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mark 7:7  Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mathew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mathew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils?  and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mathew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You either meet it or you fail.

Okay....so your verdict on that Pope is that he was not a Christian?  Yes/no.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 2:21pm

The rules are quiet clear they refer to anyone pope or no pope.

Things like the inquisition, witch burning  etc. definitely would be a fail.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #63 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 2:22pm

moses wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 2:21pm:
The rules are quiet clear they refer to anyone pope or no pope.

Things like the inquisition, witch burning  etc. definitely would be a fail.

So.....that Pope is not a Christian.  Just say it...you can, can't you?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 2:28pm

Over the last 2016 years any person (and that includes popes) who does not meet the criteria set out by Christ is not a Christian.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #65 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 3:19pm

moses wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 2:28pm:
Over the last 2016 years any person (and that includes popes) who does not meet the criteria set out by Christ is not a Christian.

And did Pope Urban 11 meet that criteria.  Yes or no?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 3:43pm

I don't know.

What are you concerned about?

I think your trying to derogate the crusades.

I don't know much about the crusades except I thought they were in response to several hundred years of islamic expansion and oppression of non muslims.

Well I wouldn't hold it against the church leaders who prayed for the troops in the 2nd world war, 1st world war, or our latter day wars fought against the communists, islamic terrorists etc.

War and all of it associated misery seems to be part of the human psyche and processes.

So if the crusades were a product of the prior islamic expansion and oppression, they are no different to any other war mankind has fought over it's entire history.

Do I put stock in any apologist trying to use the crusades as a tool of anti Christian rhetoric?

No I don't, as you'll never see them mentioning the preceding islamic crusades.

Having said that if Pope Urban 11 did not meet the criteria set out by Christ well he was not a Christian.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 3:52pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 3:19pm:
moses wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 2:28pm:

And did Pope Urban 11 meet that criteria.  Yes or no?

Now now, Aussie, Moses is being careful to judge not, as he shurely shall be judged.

That only applies to popes, of course.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #68 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 4:33pm

moses wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 3:43pm:
I don't know.

What are you concerned about?

I think your trying to derogate the crusades.

I don't know much about the crusades except I thought they were in response to several hundred years of islamic expansion and oppression of non muslims.

Well I wouldn't hold it against the church leaders who prayed for the troops in the 2nd world war, 1st world war, or our latter day wars fought against the communists, islamic terrorists etc.

War and all of it associated misery seems to be part of the human psyche and processes.

So if the crusades were a product of the prior islamic expansion and oppression, they are no different to any other war mankind has fought over it's entire history.

Do I put stock in any apologist trying to use the crusades as a tool of anti Christian rhetoric?

No I don't, as you'll never see them mentioning the preceding islamic crusades.

Having said that if Pope Urban 11 did not meet the criteria set out by Christ well he was not a Christian.

Come on Moses! Pope Urban 11 organised (from the Vatican) the first bit of western terrorism in Arabia....the First Crusade.

Was he a Christian?

Yes/no?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #69 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 6:53pm

Grendel wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:43am:
I don't want an answer bwian.
I want that unreserved apology you promised me.
I went to a lot of trouble to fulfill your demands and you reneged bwian you broke your word..

I Brian Ross, unreservedly apologise to Grendel for libeling him on this site by calling him: a racist, a xenophobe and an Islamophobe... which he patently is not, nor has he ever been.

there you go bwian...  it isn't hard to post at all is it?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Poor Geoff,  I have apologised.  I take pity on you that you cannot accept it, Geoff.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #70 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 7:00pm

moses wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 1:29pm:
The resident board liar wrote Reply #40 - Yesterday at 6:56pm
Quote:
Perhaps because Christians like to quote from it?  Perhaps because Christians rely upon it's moral messages?   Perhaps because it is a fundamental part of The Bible?  Tsk, tsk, Moses are you really this foolish deliberately or does it just come naturally since your mind believes in Christianity?    You seem completely unwilling to admit that there is such a thing as a Christian Terrorist.  Why? 

Simply claiming to be someone or something is  not irrefutable proof you actually are what you claim to be.

There are people who falsely claim to be police, docters, solicitors etc. etc..

They however do not meet the criteria, have the qualifications, whatever, they are false people.

So, therefore, why do you assume that Islamist Terrorists are actually Muslims?  Afterall, we have only their word, as against the word of what the majority of Muslims say, Moses.  Using your logic, we must accept that the Islamists are not actually Muslims, now mustn't we?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
As Christian doctrine explicitly denounces acts of iniquity, then unambiguously states that people who commit evil are rejected by Christ, the term Christian terrorist is a lie.

You cannot be a terrorist and be a Christian, it's as simple as that.

Yet the Christian Terrorists tell us otherwise, that they are in fact the only true Christians and all other peaceful Christians are false Christians.  Whom are we to believe, Moses?  You or the Christian Terrorists?   Afterall, if we are to believe that Islamist Terrorists are good Muslims as you maintain, that must mean that the Christian Terrorists are well, good Christians as well.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
You continually use this lie to try and equate islam as being no different to Christianity in the matter of religious terrorism.

You lie because the undisputed facts are that terrroism is part and parcel of islam through the deeds and teachings of muhammad, the commands of allah, the verses in the qur'an.

You continuously lie in order to hide the reality that a muslim can be a terrorist it's an integral component of islam.

Really?  Where have I ever denied that Islamist Terrorists are not Muslims, Moses?   You, however deny that Christian Terrorists are Christians.  You are the one lying I suspect, not me.  You won't accept that Christian Terrorists actually exist.   I am quite willing to accept that Islamist Terrorists exist however I will always point out they are representative of a minority interpretation of Islam.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Whilst a terrorist can not be described as a Christian, as evildoers are unequivocally rejected in the teachings of Christ.

So I reserve the right to call you what you are, a liar, in response to your deliberately fictitious claims.

Tsk, tsk, how easy it is for a liar to lie.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #71 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 7:33pm

Bwian....  if you keep lying and forcing me to reply it will upset Aussie...  YOU KNOW THAT.

Repeat after me bwian...
UNRESERVED APOLOGY
UNRESERVED APOLOGY
UNRESERVED APOLOGY
UNRESERVED APOLOGY

Not just an answer or some half arsed half hearted apology bwian...  a proper UNRESERVED APOLOGY as you stated YOU WOULD MAKE.....

I Brian Ross, unreservedly apologise to Grendel for libeling him on this site by calling him a racist, a xenophobe and an Islamophobe... which he patently is not, nor has he ever been.

there you go bwian...  it isn't hard to post at all is it?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #72 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 7:56pm

Grendel wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 7:33pm:
Bwian....  if you keep lying and forcing me to reply it will upset Aussie...  YOU KNOW THAT.

Repeat after me bwian...
UNRESERVED APOLOGY
UNRESERVED APOLOGY
UNRESERVED APOLOGY
UNRESERVED APOLOGY

Not just an answer or some half arsed half hearted apology bwian...  a proper UNRESERVED APOLOGY as you stated YOU WOULD MAKE.....

I Brian Ross, unreservedly apologise to Grendel for libeling him on this site by calling him a racist, a xenophobe and an Islamophobe... which he patently is not, nor has he ever been.

there you go bwian...  it isn't hard to post at all is it?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Poor Geoff,  I have apologised.  I take pity on you that you cannot accept it, Geoff.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 8:03pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 7:56pm:
I have apologised. 

Link?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #74 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:39pm

Oh he promised me an UNRESERVED APOLOGY...  one that should read...

But he wrote some some pathetic shyte instead.  Typical of the lying hypocrite.

An unreserved apology... is one that expresses remorse or sorrow for an action completely and without any doubts, conditions or excuses.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2017 at 9:44pm by Grendel »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Send Topic Print