freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Love in the Koran
Reply #30 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 8:20am

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 6:40am:
freediver wrote on Feb 19th, 2017 at 6:25pm:
The only time I have heard Gandalf talk about love and Islam was when he said Muhammed struck his favourite child bride because he loves her. The beating was an expression of that love. He was instructing her not to leave the house without his permission.

Why don't you dig up that quote FD? Especially the last sentence.

As I recall it was a rather lengthy conversation. I know how you hate quote bombs.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #31 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 7:31pm

freediver wrote on Feb 22nd, 2017 at 8:20am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 6:40am:
freediver wrote on Feb 19th, 2017 at 6:25pm:
The only time I have heard Gandalf talk about love and Islam was when he said Muhammed struck his favourite child bride because he loves her. The beating was an expression of that love. He was instructing her not to leave the house without his permission.

Why don't you dig up that quote FD? Especially the last sentence.

As I recall it was a rather lengthy conversation. I know how you hate quote bombs.

I'll give you the executive summary: I didn't say that crap.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 8:17pm

That's the precis Gandalf. Please do give us the executive summary. Which bits in particular are you denying?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:33am

Everything you accuse me of saying in this:

Quote:

to be precise - 3 BS, fabricated claims.

Now run along and find the quote(s) if you want to defend this BS.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 12:03pm

Still avoiding eh....

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #35 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 4:15pm

Grendel wrote on Feb 23rd, 2017 at 12:03pm:
Still avoiding eh....

Who is avoiding whom, Geoff?  Tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:17pm

No problem Gandalf. Here are some quotes:

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:52pm:
A single incident in which his wife was "pushed" by a husband who was in a state of panic over her wellbeing and safety, does not even remotely reflect such a pattern of behaviour.

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 28th, 2013 at 11:10pm:
The story as I understand it, is that the prophet was in bed with Aisha when, in the middle of the night, he was summoned by the angel Gabriel to pray at someone's grave. So he snuck out so as to not disturb Aisha. However Aisha was awoken, and secretly followed him to see what he was doing. When he came back, he noticed someone entering the house and initially didn't know who it was (as he didn't know she was following him). When he figured out who it was, he was understandably in a state - both by the initial thoughts of an intruder, as well as the realisation that Aisha had been out in the middle of the night, alone - at great risk to her life. The shove was as if to say "what were you thinking? What if something happened to you??" etc

Have you ever struck a woman, causing her pain, as a way of asking her what she was thinking? What would you think of a man who did?

Edit: I retract my claim that Gandalf used love as a justification. Going by a search of this board, Gandalf loves, or would love, many things, but not in the context of Islam. From memory, Gandalf claimed the 50+ year old Muhammed married his neighbour's 6 year old daughter out of love and mutual respect, but I cannot find that one either.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:30pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:34pm

Oh bwian....  where is my unreserved apology...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #38 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:40pm

Here it is - Gandalf's only reference to love in the Koran:

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 10:18am:
Muslims absolutely can and should condemn marriage to 9 year olds today. And doing so does not reject the Prophet's example, and here's why: the "example" of the Prophet in this case was to strictly hold off marriage and sexual relationships until both the bride and groom are biologically and emotionally mature enough to cope with it. Everything islam teaches us about marriage - mutual love and respect for each other and especially the emphasis on each party making their own free choices, is consistent with mental maturity being an essential prerequisite for marriage. That is all encapsulated in the 3 year wait Muhammad had before marrying his betrothed. In that time and place, that age of maturity, while obviously always fluid, was undeniably a lot lower than it is today.

The truth is the opposite - biological maturity is actually delayed relative to healthy people in situations like 7th century Arabia. Gandalf is reading an aweful lot into the 3 year withholding period, because there is nothing in the Koran about Aisha reaching physical or mental maturity, or any signs of puberty. Gandalf is yet to point out where Islam teaches about love in marriage. For a man who documented his moral superiority (and how to wipe your arse) in great detail as a guide for humanity to fail to mention the bit about waiting till there is grass on the wicket is stretching credibility, which is why most Muslims interpret it as no fixed limit.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Feb 24th, 2017 at 7:48am

Having sex with a 9 year old or a 12 year old is still having sex with a kid.

Didn't he just put it off till she reached puberty?  Reaching puberty does not mean one is mentally mature you know.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #40 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 9:27am

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 11:59am:
Grendel wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:13am:
So Muslims....  here's your big chance....  funny there are no takers Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Here you go grendel -

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=love+in+the+quran

or do you need me to do that for you?

Have you seen the results Gandalf?

It looks to me like Gandalf was projecting his pre-Islamic western values onto Islam. Except that in this case, when he realised that love has no place in Islam, he simply stopped talking about it rather than his usual approach of either reforming or reinterpreting Islam.

It is no coincidence that love has no place in Islam. Islam turns people into robots. A killing machine, a praying machine, a baby factory. You don't need science fiction for a robot army destroying the world. You just need to look at Muhammed's Caliphate sweeping away civilisation.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 11:31am

freediver wrote on Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:40pm:
Here it is - Gandalf's only reference to love in the Koran:

Muslims absolutely can and should condemn marriage to 9 year olds today. And doing so does not reject the Prophet's example, and here's why: the "example" of the Prophet in this case was to strictly hold off marriage and sexual relationships until both the bride and groom are biologically and emotionally mature enough to cope with it. Everything islam teaches us about marriage - mutual love and respect for each other and especially the emphasis on each party making their own free choices, is consistent with mental maturity being an essential prerequisite for marriage. That is all encapsulated in the 3 year wait Muhammad had before marrying his betrothed. In that time and place, that age of maturity, while obviously always fluid, was undeniably a lot lower than it is today.

The truth is the opposite - biological maturity is actually delayed relative to healthy people in situations like 7th century Arabia. Gandalf is reading an aweful lot into the 3 year withholding period, because there is nothing in the Koran about Aisha reaching physical or mental maturity, or any signs of puberty. Gandalf is yet to point out where Islam teaches about love in marriage. For a man who documented his moral superiority (and how to wipe your arse) in great detail as a guide for humanity to fail to mention the bit about waiting till there is grass on the wicket is stretching credibility, which is why most Muslims interpret it as no fixed limit.

Hey, FD, tell G it's impossible for any Muslim to consent to marriage. Tell him about their genetic retardation levels.

We should be sterilising them instead, no?

Out of love, of course.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #42 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 1:46pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 11:31am:

Muslims absolutely can and should condemn marriage to 9 year olds today. And doing so does not reject the Prophet's example, and here's why: the "example" of the Prophet in this case was to strictly hold off marriage and sexual relationships until both the bride and groom are biologically and emotionally mature enough to cope with it.

Everything islam teaches us about marriage - mutual love and respect for each other and especially the emphasis on each party making their own free choices, is consistent with mental maturity being an essential prerequisite for marriage.

That is all encapsulated in the 3 year wait Muhammad had before marrying his betrothed. In that time and place, that age of maturity, while obviously always fluid, was undeniably a lot lower than it is today.

Hey, FD, tell G it's impossible for any Muslim to consent to marriage.

Google;
mohammed, silence is consent

As per the Hadith....

"Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "A matron should not be given in marriage except after consulting her; and a virgin should not be given in marriage except after her permission."
The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! How can we know her permission?"
He said, "Her silence (indicates her permission)." "
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #007.062.067

Of course we have many examples of outspoken moslem women being beaten or killed [i'm thinking of the many examples of 'honour' killings in the moslem community's of the UK and the US.].

And threatening and beating those 'who ask too many Q's' and complain has cultural 'traction' in every ISLAMIC society.

But ISLAM is the most feminist religion.

Honest!!

Yassmin Abdel-Magied, Islam is "THE most feminist religion"

'THERE'S MORE'  !!!

'Do not inquire, just accept.'
       [the mantra of the devout moslem]

"O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble.....
Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith."
Koran 5.101, 102

"We sent not a messenger, but to be obeyed..........they ['believers'] can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction."
Koran 4.64, 65

"O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger [i.e. the clerics], and make not vain your deeds!"
Koran 47:33

And if any moslem rebels against the authority of Allah [i.e. Mohammed], SLAUGHTER THEM.

.....EVEN IF IT IS YOUR OWN CHILD.

marriage

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1338868086/4#4
Quote:

....ISLAMIC law specifically gives moslem men, the right to kill their children [and grandchildren]. [An ISLAMIC source is cited below], at the jihadwatch item.

ISLAMIC sources declare that the killing of moslem children, by a parent, is 'lawful', within ISLAM...
e.g.
"British girl kidnapped by Saudi father: "I told [the police] he was keeping me there against my will and all they said was, 'He's your father, if he wants he can kill you'."
Indeed, traditional Islamic law does not prescribe retaliation against a parent for killing his or her child. For example: "not subject to retaliation" is "a father or mother (or their fathers or mothers) for killing their offspring, or offspring's offspring." ('Umdat al-Salik o1.1-2)." "

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/04/british-girl-kidnapped-by-saudi-father-i-told-...

p.s.
I apologise for going on, and on, and on, and on, and on.

It is just that there are so many connecting references which seem relevant.   !!!!!

Smiley

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 2:49pm

Quote:

It is just that there are so many connecting references which seem relevant.   !!!!!

I wouldn't worry about it Yadda.  I reckon no-one reads that crap anyway.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #44 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 3:25pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 2:49pm:
Quote:

I wouldn't worry about it Yadda.  I reckon no-one reads that crap anyway.

Aussie,

You are just trying to discourage me.

FAIL!

Yadda said......
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1483601125/37#37
Quote:

I won't rest, until every moslem in Australia is living within a internment camp [until they can be removed from Australia].

Why so ?

Moslems do not deserve, imo, to enjoy living in a nation like Australia, nor, to enjoy the human rights that are afforded to Australians.

Why so ?

Because the doctrines and tenets and laws of ISLAM, prohibit such rights, among men.

e.g.
The right to freedom of religion, is prohibited, by ISLAMIC law.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Send Topic Print