Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Re: Fake news..
Reply #300 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 5:25pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 3:22pm:
Richdude wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 6:28am:
Having run my own business for 20 years I have met people like Trump.

I'd bet most prison wardens have met people like Trump...

And there's another thing... You presume to know 'Trump'... Because you have never met Trump, you imagine him to be exactly like a person you have met or, (more likely) pretend to have met... And... You would be them (or at least what you imagine them to be) if... y'know... you could be...

That's a form of living vicariously.

OK so you have learnt a new word - good for you.

I think you mean "would be if I could be". I admire Trump - but not for the reasons you think. He has courage, principles and commitment to do the best he can for himself.

All this "living vicariously" is all in your head - not mine. So please don't try to put words in my mouth.

Its the results I want. Expanded middle-class, more opportunities for all, jobs and prosperity that a businessman knows how to achieve. We don't want another lawyer puppet for the deep state or a woman who leaves a trail of bodies everywhere she goes ffs.

Let Trump get on with it and this what will be achieved.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #301 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 5:41pm

Richdude wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 5:25pm:

I think you mean "would be if I could be". I admire Trump - but not for the reasons you think. He has courage, principles and commitment to do the best he can for himself.

All this "living vicariously" is all in your head - not mine. So please don't try to put words in my mouth.

Its the results I want. Expanded middle-class, more opportunities for all, jobs and prosperity that a businessman knows how to achieve. We don't want another lawyer puppet for the deep state or a woman who leaves a trail of bodies everywhere she goes ffs.

Let Trump get on with it and this what will be achieved.

Those are great goals, but do you really think Trump has the intentions to, or is capable of, delivering such things?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #302 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 6:14pm

Not that I've learnt a new word, but that I've come to realise that Trump supporters live vicariously through him in a way that, maybe, Americans are more susceptible than other peoples are. Australians (generalising of course), for example, are far more suspicious of wealth and affluence being a cause for admiration of a political leader.

I admire Trump - but not for the reasons you think. He has courage, principles and commitment to do the best he can for himself.

Doing the best you can for yourself is not a characterisation that the governed should ascribe to their governors. History is littered with the corpses of rulers doing the best they can for themselves - almost always at the expense of the nations and people they rule.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #303 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:11am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 6:14pm:

Not that I've learnt a new word, but that I've come to realise that Trump supporters live vicariously through him in a way that, maybe, Americans are more susceptible than other peoples are. Australians (generalising of course), for example, are far more suspicious of wealth and affluence being a cause for admiration of a political leader.

I admire Trump - but not for the reasons you think. He has courage, principles and commitment to do the best he can for himself.

Doing the best you can for yourself is not a characterisation that the governed should ascribe to their governors. History is littered with the corpses of rulers doing the best they can for themselves - almost always at the expense of the nations and people they rule.

I think you fail to understand what drives Trumps popularity. I can only speak for myself of course. Its nothing to do do with shiny baubles - aircraft, beautiful wife, lifestyle etc. Its the blatant corruption in gov and corporations as well the obvious collusion between the two. Gov has gone from the ruled to the rulers.

Hopefully Trump may do something - he certainly appears to be making progress.

To address your second point, Trump has stated his goals which most would agree would improve life in the USA is also his own personal goals which I believe he intends to keep.

You have to realize that this old man doesn't stand to gain monetarily from his presidency. He could have taken the easy road as his predecessor did and had the media as his cheer squad. Instead hes tackling the vested interests who are stealing everything they can. It may cost him his life.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #304 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:48am

Richdude wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:11am:
[quote author=helian link=1487326094/302#302 date=1500624864]
Trump has stated his goals which most would agree would improve life in the USA is also his own personal goals which I believe he intends to keep.

He promised healthcare for everybody, cheaper and better than Obamacare. That is what he promised. Do you really think he intends to keep that campaign promise based on what we know about Trumpcare?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #305 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:29am

AiA wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:48am:
Trump has stated his goals which most would agree would improve life in the USA is also his own personal goals which I believe he intends to keep.

He promised healthcare for everybody, cheaper and better than Obamacare. That is what he promised. Do you really think he intends to keep that campaign promise based on what we know about Trumpcare?

He will get there - eventually.

personally I hope he lets Obama care fail. End all gov medical assistance - let it crash - a massive shakeup is needed. Introduce competition back into the health industry. Drive the absurdly high medical costs down. Then reintroduce Trumpcare.

Its going to hurt but will benefit all in the long term.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #306 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:02am

Richdude wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:29am:

personally I hope he lets Obama care fail. End all gov medical assistance - let it crash - a massive shakeup is needed. Introduce competition back into the health industry. Drive the absurdly high medical costs down. Then reintroduce Trumpcare.

I read comments similar to yours from time to time but not only has that never worked, in any country, there is no healthcare expert that advocates it. Not only that, that is not what candidate Trump promised. So we can safely say that Trump will not keep his healthcare promise.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #307 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:02am

AiA wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:02am:

I read comments similar to yours from time to time but not only has that never worked, in any country, there is no healthcare expert that advocates it. Not only that, that is not what candidate Trump promised. So we can safely say that Trump will not keep his healthcare promise.

Just add it to the long long list of other promises he's broken...

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #308 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 1:06pm

He did make promises , but offered little more in detail than the most banal and vacuous of slogans - that it would be 'something terrific'...

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #309 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:46pm

OMG!

Trump hasn't fulfilled a promise - yet!

Remember your hero - Obama in 2008. Promised paradise on Earth.

He said he would punish the bankers for their greed. Well he gave the banks a massive bailouts and bonuses while allowing re-possessions of millions of homes. Families kicked out on the street.

That was just one of the more onerous lies he told.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #310 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:50pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:02am:

You have just made a claim about Trump's integrity.

So please back that claim with a list of broken promises!

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #311 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:04am

Richdude wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:50pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:02am:

You have just made a claim about Trump's integrity.

So please back that claim with a list of broken promises!

I stopped counting at around 80 broken promises by his 100 day mark.  If you insist I'm happy to post them here.  The thing is he had a long list of of items he said would be done within 100 days which he miserably failed to achieve.

Under a Democrat President, these failures get called broken promises, so I'm only doing the same.

If you insist on seeing the list with the supporting evidence I'm happy to post it, but it's a list I compiled late April and some of the things may have had action taken by now, but not within the 100 days promised so they're still broken promises.

I'm sure I could google it and find plenty of lists that are more up to date compiled by others, but you could do that too.

I just don't want to waste my time in gathering the information I have put together only for you to immediately dismiss it.

Let's be honest, you'll nitpick and attack anything posted that isn't pro Trump anyway.  It's not like you'll say "Oh right, he did break 80+ promises in his first 100 days, thanks".

You've clearly already made your mind up and nothing, not even cold hard facts will change that.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #312 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:45am

Donald Trump promised he'd save jobs at Carrier, now 300 workers have been laid off as jobs head to Mexico

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-23/donald-trump-carrier-jobs-headed-to-mexico...

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #313 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:56am

You don't improve health care by destroying it and you don't drain the swamp by filling it up more and turning it into a sewer.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #314 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 12:49pm

It wouldn't just 'hurt'.  IT WOULD KILL.  People without life-saving healthcare, DIE.

maggot

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 
Send Topic Print