Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Centre of the Universe (Read 15859 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Centre of the Universe
Reply #45 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:23pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:15pm:
Johnnie wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:10pm:
Bobby. wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
Johnnie wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
Bobby. wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:55pm:
Johnnie wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:52pm:
I hear in 20,000yrs it is programmed to be in orbit around a star in the middle of our galaxy with a star chart on board of where we are, and a cd of a baby crying and other stuff.

No - the 2 Voyager spacecraft aren't aimed at any nearby star.

It would take 70,000 years to reach even the nearest star if they were.

Space is a very large place - larger than we can imagine.

Isnt voyager 1 headed to to the place I mentioned with the stuff on board I mentioned.

No - that's science fiction.

It has a record but no one will ever listen to it.

Does voyager 2 have anything on board to that effect, where is voyager 1 going then.

Google it -
they are both headed to the middle of nowhere.

Yep, that sounds like google to me, middle of nowhere, they do have these cd,s on board and they are going to a pre determined destination, cosmic man.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #46 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 6:37am

If I remember correctly, that record in Chuck Berry doing "Johnny B. Goode." An excellent choice.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #47 - May 29th, 2017 at 8:34pm

A Scientist will tell you that the
Earth is NOT the centre of the Universe
and he/she is 'right'.

A Spiritualist will tell you that the
Earth is the centre of OUR Universe
and he/she is also 'right'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:22pm

Jasin wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 8:34pm:
and he/she is 'right'.

The scientists ARE right.
The spiritualists have a view point.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 7:41pm

Johnnie wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 4:22pm:
Jasin wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 8:34pm:
and he/she is 'right'.

The scientists ARE right.
The spiritualists have a view point.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #50 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 7:42pm

Thus you have both Science and Spirituality and their right to be 'true'.

Science, thinking that it 'knows all',
is like someone using only the 'left' side of the brain.
Wink

catch my drift

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 8:13pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 7:42pm:
Thus you have both Science and Spirituality and their right to be 'true'.

Science, thinking that it 'knows all',
is like someone using only the 'left' side of the brain.
Wink

catch my drift

Science comes under a lot of scrutiny, the spiritualists can not agree on anything, that's my drift.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 8:55pm

your drift is respected.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #53 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 1:21pm

I hear in 20,000yrs it is programmed to be in orbit around a star in the middle of our galaxy with a star chart on board of where we are, and a cd of a baby crying and other stuff.

You heard wrong
Voyager 1 will pass within 1.7 light years of a star 17.6 light years from Earth in 40,000 years.

Voyager 2 will pass within 4.3 light years of the bright star Sirius in 296,000 years

The disc on Voyager is a gold phonograph record which has various sounds and images encoded. None of which are a baby crying.

So basically the only thing you got right was about the star chart

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 5:20pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jun 11th, 2017 at 1:21pm:

You heard wrong
Voyager 1 will pass within 1.7 light years of a star 17.6 light years from Earth in 40,000 years.

Voyager 2 will pass within 4.3 light years of the bright star Sirius in 296,000 years

The disc on Voyager is a gold phonograph record which has various sounds and images encoded. None of which are a baby crying.

So basically the only thing you got right was about the star chart

I was only 20,000yrs out, not even the blink of an eye in cosmological terms, my point was in reply to a poster who stated voyager was heading to the middle of nowhere whereas it in fact it is heading to a pre determined destination. It gives me some sort of comfort to know we will be out there long after we are gone.
There IS a recording of a baby crying and it comes under mother and baby, on google.
Two out of three aint bad.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 11:04pm

I'm pretty sure both Voyagers will be back on earth in Museums 200 years from now.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #56 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 11:21pm

Quote:
..............Today astronomers believe that there is no centre to the cosmos. You might think that there must be a central point – after all, the Big Bang must have started somewhere? While great explosions of say, a bomb, do start from one point, the Big Bang that is believed to have created our Universe nearly 14 billion years ago was a different matter entirely and appeared to happen everywhere all at once – time and space did not exist before the Big Bang and so there was no point from where it could have erupted from.

This does not mean that, if we were to see to the very edges of the Universe, that there would be more of it on one side of the Earth in comparison to the other. Imagine if you were small enough to stand on a balloon – small enough to see in a straight line across the balloon’s surface. You’re not able to see into or out of the balloon and, no matter which direction you look, the end of the balloon seems to be at roughly the same distance from you. If you start moving across the balloon’s surface, it would appear that you were at the centre of it. The reality of the matter is, however, that your two-dimensional balloon does not have a centre. ..........

https://www.spaceanswers.com/deep-space/if-the-universe-is-expanding-why-are-we-...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #57 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 12:54pm

Johnnie wrote on Jun 11th, 2017 at 5:20pm:
I was only 20,000yrs out, not even the blink of an eye in cosmological terms, my point was in reply to a poster who stated voyager was heading to the middle of nowhere whereas it in fact it is heading to a pre determined destination.

You are also 1.7 light years out.
It is not going into orbit around any star
It is not heading to a predetermined destination

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #58 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 9:05pm

[quote author=dinosaurD link=1486984158/25#25 date=1487280521]

I just cannot take seriously the consideration of nothing as something.

[/quote]

But what if effect precedes cause? When scientists started studying the quantum world they noticed that the laws of physics didn't seem to apply. So this lead to a thought experiment called retrocausality.

Essentially whether or not the future can affect the present or the present can affect the past.

For years this was just a thought experiment. Then in 2012 the University of Vienna conducted a real world demonstration of retrocausality.

In the quantum world two particles are either quantum entangled or not. Like Schrodinger's cat it's not until you "open the box" that you see what state the particles are in.

In the Vienna demonstration one person makes the decision as to whether to entangle them or not, and another pair of people measure the particles to see whether they're entangled or not.

Here's the thing, the measurement is made before the decision is made, and it is accurate. "Classical correlations can be decided after they are measured," says Xiao-song Ma, the writer of the study. Entanglement can be created "after the entangled particles have been measured and may no longer exist."

The Big Bang is the cause and the Universe is the effect. But does this experiment render causality an irrelevant concept?
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2017 at 9:11pm by Raven »  

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 11:10pm

I reckon the Big Bang Theory is all WRONG.
As for most 'Theories'.

Considering the nature of all these Theories is based upon a world that has been using just half of its brain (purely just northern hemisphere based) for so long, it kinda beckons the call for 'half-wit'.

Until the 'Golden Age' where the Southern Hemisphere is brought up to scratch and the Northern Hemisphere recedes. Everything until then is ....SOOOOO EFFIN WRONG!
In fact, I reckon its the absolute REVERSE.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print