Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Centre of the Universe (Read 15933 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Centre of the Universe
Reply #30 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 9:57pm

Johnnie wrote on Feb 19th, 2017 at 7:48pm:
The recent discovery of gravity waves as theorized by Einstein are said to have come from the big bang.

Like "nothing," the "big bang" is probably an unfortunate choice of words, but it is not just gravitational waves that originate in the so called BB.

I do realise this subject bores a lot of people. I watched that video twice, and I intend giving a third go, and I think I will then understand the lecture, not the subject.

One of the most interesting points I got out of it, is that there will be no stars in anyone's sky when expansion reaches the critical speed. Thus making future cosmology a bit difficult.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 10:53pm

issuevoter wrote on Feb 19th, 2017 at 9:57pm:
The recent discovery of gravity waves as theorized by Einstein are said to have come from the big bang.

Like "nothing," the "big bang" is probably an unfortunate choice of words, but it is not just gravitational waves that originate in the so called BB.

I do realise this subject bores a lot of people. I watched that video twice, and I intend giving a third go, and I think I will then understand the lecture, not the subject.

One of the most interesting points I got out of it, is that there will be no stars in anyone's sky when expansion reaches the critical speed. Thus making future cosmology a bit difficult.

He was saying the universe has a measurable weight.(because their is one atom per cubic meter) when atoms collide they make other stuff, proven., gravity pulled all that stuff together and made a big bang and all the elements were created from protons neutrons and electrons being subject to immense gravity,, BOOM.
They say the big bang is 10 billion years after the universe began.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 11:09pm

Johnnie wrote on Feb 19th, 2017 at 10:53pm:

He was saying the universe has a measurable weight.(because their is one atom per cubic meter) when atoms collide they make other stuff, proven., gravity pulled all that stuff together and made a big bang and all the elements were created from protons neutrons and electrons being subject to immense gravity,, BOOM.

The nearest star we see is one light year away, the way the universe is expanding, in a billion years time mankind will only know our own galaxy exists because the rest of the universe is to far away, the lecturer said, stands to reason.
Gravity will win and their will be another big bang, mark my words.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #33 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 6:17am

Johnnie wrote on Feb 19th, 2017 at 11:09pm:

The nearest star we see is one light year away, the way the universe is expanding, in a billion years time mankind will only know our own galaxy exists because the rest of the universe is to far away, the lecturer said, stands to reason.

Duly marked.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #34 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 6:25am

The nearest star we see is 4 light years away.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #35 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 8:30am

Proxima Centauri is over 4 light years away

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 6:46pm

I was just testing you lot to make sure you were paying attention, I am trying to get my google machine to tell me where atoms come from.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #37 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:21pm

Unlikely.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:25pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 8:30am:

It's a bit more than 4 light years.

Even if the Voyager space craft were aimed there it would
take 70,000 years to reach it.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:52pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:25pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 8:30am:

It's a bit more than 4 light years.

Even if the Voyager space craft were aimed there it would
take 70,000 years to reach it.

I hear in 20,000yrs it is programmed to be in orbit around a star in the middle of our galaxy with a star chart on board of where we are, and a cd of a baby crying and other stuff.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:55pm

Johnnie wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:52pm:
I hear in 20,000yrs it is programmed to be in orbit around a star in the middle of our galaxy with a star chart on board of where we are, and a cd of a baby crying and other stuff.

No - the 2 Voyager spacecraft aren't aimed at any nearby star.

It would take 70,000 years to reach even the nearest star if they were.

Space is a very large place - larger than we can imagine.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:05pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:55pm:

Isnt voyager 1 headed to to the place I mentioned with the stuff on board I mentioned.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:05pm

Johnnie wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:05pm:

Isnt voyager 1 headed to to the place I mentioned with the stuff on board I mentioned.

No - that's science fiction.

It has a record but no one will ever listen to it.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:05pm:

Does voyager 2 have anything on board to that effect, where is voyager 1 going then.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #44 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:15pm

Johnnie wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:10pm:
Bobby. wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 10:05pm:

Does voyager 2 have anything on board to that effect, where is voyager 1 going then.

Google it -
they are both headed to the middle of nowhere.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print