Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should Brian Ross be permanently banned?

No    
  7 (35.0%)
Yes    
  10 (50.0%)
Only suspended for a time.    
  3 (15.0%)

Total votes: 20
« Created by: Lord Herbert on: Mar 11th, 2017 at 7:50pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
first 18c threat against OzPolitic (Read 13398 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
first 18c threat against OzPolitic
Feb 12th, 2017 at 7:53am

Be careful what opinions you express here.

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 11th, 2017 at 11:36pm:
Yadda, I don't care what you feel or believe.  You have offended me and I am raising a complaint under section 18c of the Racial Discrimination Act.   You will be summonsed to appear before the Human Rights Commission.   You will have to defend your remarks after they have been examined. 

Quote:
And it is disingenuous for you to suggest that you are at loss to understand my feelings towards moslems and the moslem community in Australia,       when i have on many occasions [here on OzPol] explained at length, why i do feel that my animosity towards moslems and the moslem community in Australia, is justified.

You may feel it is but do I?  Nope.   I am offended.   We shall have to see what the Human Rights Commission has to say on the topic.   Hopefully you will be held responsible for your comments and claims about Muslims.   They are disgusting comments.  They deserve for you to be punished under the law.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: first 18c threat against OzPolitic
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 7:55am

freediver wrote on Feb 12th, 2017 at 7:53am:

Yadda, I don't care what you feel or believe.  You have offended me and I am raising a complaint under section 18c of the Racial Discrimination Act.   You will be summonsed to appear before the Human Rights Commission.   You will have to defend your remarks after they have been examined. 

Quote:
And it is disingenuous for you to suggest that you are at loss to understand my feelings towards moslems and the moslem community in Australia,       when i have on many occasions [here on OzPol] explained at length, why i do feel that my animosity towards moslems and the moslem community in Australia, is justified.

You may feel it is but do I?  Nope.   I am offended.   We shall have to see what the Human Rights Commission has to say on the topic.   Hopefully you will be held responsible for your comments and claims about Muslims.   They are disgusting comments.  They deserve for you to be punished under the law.

To Brian_Ross, et al,     i say,      Bring it on!

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 8:33am

Quote:

The battle cry of the Social Justice Warrior.

Fukkn lefty wankers.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 8:37am

Quote:

Since it's Brian we only have to watch what we say about Islam because he would like us to have Islamic Blasphemy laws just like Saudi Arabia-Pakistan and Iran where people are frequently executed for criticising Islam.

Brian has no problem whith Christian or Jew bashing he only wants to stop people criticising Islam. Cool

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 12:10am

Tsk, tsk, so saying that one poster offends me, suddenly turns me into a "social justice warrior"?

I wonder what that makes the people who get offended by Muslims/Indigenous Australians/Immigrants/Asylum Seekers/etc.?

Yadda, I will be contacting the Human Rights Commission tomorrow morning.  Lets see what they have to say.  FD, I hope you are prepared to surrender Yadda's IP number to the Australian Federal Police when they come a'callin'?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:07am

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 12:10am:

Yadda, I will be contacting the Human Rights Commission tomorrow morning.  Lets see what they have to say.

Brian, this is going to be the basis of my argument/defence....

Reason dictates......

Every moslem, is a moslem.

A moslem is a follower of ISLAM.       < -------- dictionary definition.

Google;
Shahada, confession of faith, of a muslim

"There is no god except for Allah alone; and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."

By definition, every moslem is a follower of what ISLAM endorses, promotes, and encourages.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1484729546/1#1
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1484729546/11#11

Moslems living in Australia, live within a secular nation, a secular nation ruled by secular laws.

And yet, moslems who live in Australia,        choose to associate themselves with ISLAM,           and by definition, moslems who live in Australia choose to associate themselves with what ISLAM demonstrably promotes.
.......in ISLAM's tenets and doctrines.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 4:40pm

Any limitations on Free Speech should meet the following standard: there should be a threat of imminent lawlessness or physical harm as a result of the speech. This is loosely known as 'fighting words.'

In the case of an internet forum, there's no risk of 'imminent lawlessness' or physical violence.

Offending a person should not be criminalized.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #7 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 4:51pm

Good advice freediver!

We are not exempt from the law on here!

Like it or Not some members should pull there heads in!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 5:00pm

Who else do you think should get sued for their opinion Red?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #9 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 5:10pm

freediver wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 5:00pm:
Who else do you think should get sued for their opinion Red?

I dont know freediver but I am sure some skate close to the wind after what happened to those students at the Queensland University for a far more trivial thing being said than some say on here!

It is only a matter of time I reckon even if Brian is just all BS about reporting it!

I really think the 18C laws do need  downgrading in my opinion after that QLD UNI nonsense!

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 5:50pm

RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ACT 1975 - SECT 18C

Offensive behaviour because of race, colour or national or ethnic origin
             (1)  It is unlawful for a person to do an act, otherwise than in private, if:

(a)  the act is reasonably likely, in all the circumstances, to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or a group of people; and

(b)  the act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the other person or of some or all of the people in the group.

Note:          Subsection (1) makes certain acts unlawful. Section 46P of the Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986 allows people to make complaints to the Australian Human Rights Commission about unlawful acts. However, an unlawful act is not necessarily a criminal offence. Section 26 says that this Act does not make it an offence to do an act that is unlawful because of this Part, unless Part IV expressly says that the act is an offence.

(2)  For the purposes of subsection (1), an act is taken not to be done in private if it:

(a)  causes words, sounds, images or writing to be communicated to the public; or

(b)  is done in a public place; or

(c)  is done in the sight or hearing of people who are in a public place.

(3)  In this section:

"public place " includes any place to which the public have access as of right or by invitation, whether express or implied and whether or not a charge is made for admission to the place.

Section 18C does not render unlawful anything said or done reasonably and in good faith:

(a)  in the performance, exhibition or distribution of an artistic work; or

(b)  in the course of any statement, publication, discussion or debate made or held for any genuine academic, artistic or scientific purpose or any other genuine purpose in the public interest; or

(c)  in making or publishing:

(i)  a fair and accurate report of any event or matter of public interest; or

(ii)  a fair comment on any event or matter of public interest if the comment is an expression of a genuine belief held by the person making the comment.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/rda1975202/s18c.html

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #11 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:01pm

Perhaps

Brian Tsk Tsk

or

Aussie The Lawyer

can explain all that to us in regards to Brian Tsk Tsks threat to report a post!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:08pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:01pm:
Perhaps

Brian Tsk Tsk

or

Aussie The Lawyer

can explain all that to us in regards to Brian Tsk Tsks threat to report a post!

Ima not coming into this.  Effendi will know if Mr Ross has been able to interest 'Triggs.'

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:38pm

Frank wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 5:50pm:
Section 18C does not render unlawful anything said or done reasonably and in good faith:
                             (ii)  a fair comment on any event or matter of public interest if the comment is an expression of a genuine belief held by the person making the comment.

So were the Qld university students comments fair comments?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 7:16pm

Frank wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 5:50pm:

RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ACT 1975 - SECT 18C

(a)  in the performance, exhibition or distribution of an artistic work; or

(b)  in the course of any statement, publication, discussion or debate made or held for any genuine academic, artistic or scientific purpose or any other genuine purpose in the public interest; or

(c)  in making or publishing:

(i)  a fair and accurate report of any event or matter of public interest; or

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1486851017/14#14
Quote:
The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 12th, 2017 at 9:50am:

As for what can be said in a public forum,

I've seen posts from your right wingers with death threats against many minority groups

so presumably anything goes.

You are mistaken, 'anything' does not 'go', on a public forum such as this.

But arguments and opinions, based in truth,         and arguments and opinions based in reason, with supporting evidences, should be lawful, imo.

If they are not, then bring it to a court of law to be tested.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print