Send Topic Print
Do the Math. (Read 13909 times)
Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Re: Do the Math.
Reply #45 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 12:17am

Quote:
So your fixation is on Christianity? Why?

The obvious there would be that I was raised in a christian nation and therefore have experienced enough of what christianity has to offer.

From the time that I was dragged over the coals by my Sunday school teacher for drawing comparisons between Joseph and Jesus, I had been apathetic at best towards Christianity, and religion in general.

Not that I ever cared too much, however, for many years I believed that Jesus was an actual person with superhuman powers, because that's what the general consensus was.

In later years I have drawn many more comparisons of this jesus character, with not just with Joseph, but with many sun-gods such as: Mythra (the mythical), Horus, Krishna, Dionysus, ..etc etc.

Well enough similarities to conclude that this jesus character is nothing unique at all. In fact, he is merely a "run of the mill' re-hash of so many other sun-gods before him.

The truth of the matter IMO, is that these sun-gods all concern (once very important) astrological information which were relayed in an allegorical manner to the masses.

Not surprisingly, the allegorical, informational stories were politicised for personal gain with the advent of more widespread literature. People were led to believe that these allegorical depictions were actual human beings, when in fact, this was the common (and still effective) method of exchanging information.

If you are having problems with understanding the once common methods of exchanging information, then think of the American Indians, our aboriginals..etc., and the stories that they told to pass down information. This is how life was before literature.

Some people even seem to think that smart phones have always existed  Roll Eyesi

« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2017 at 12:37am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 12:41am

What is your point.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #47 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 12:46am

You have just shown it dickhead  Grin

It's called "ignorance of the masses".

I was answering a question numb nuts.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #48 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 2:10am

Has anybody done the math yet?

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #49 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 9:03am

It's just not possible that this Jesus fellow could have existed as a real person. Any semi-sane person could attest to that.
A little empathy as to how knowledge was exchanged 2000+ yrs ago will fill in the gaps.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #50 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 11:32pm

Quote:
I think we have been through this, I don't believe in gods. Your attitude about your non beliefs is very angry.

That's what I think, that honest science has been bastardised for the political greed of the clergy.

I think we need to get more angry about this.

They molest children fuks sake!

« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2017 at 10:47am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #51 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:55pm

This Topic was moved here from Atheism by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print