Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bushfire disaster building (Read 998 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Bushfire disaster building
Feb 4th, 2017 at 10:52am

It's looking less likely this year now but not impossible.
However regions of the state are set.up for a big burn soon - Blue Mountains, mid north coast, south coast, southern highlands - they've had heaps of rain for a few years now and I reckon the fuel levels are treacherous.
I've been expecting it this year but it looks like we might get away with it. But every year it doesn't explode just makes the threat worse.

With that cheery thought I'll go and start.making.some lunch.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Squire
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Bushfire disaster building
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 10:57am

bogarde73 wrote on Feb 4th, 2017 at 10:52am:
It's looking less likely this year now but not impossible.
However regions of the state are set.up for a big burn soon - Blue Mountains, mid north coast, south coast, southern highlands - they've had heaps of rain for a few years now and I reckon the fuel levels are treacherous.
I've been expecting it this year but it looks like we might get away with it. But every year it doesn't explode just makes the threat worse.

With that cheery thought I'll go and start.making.some lunch.

Outdoor barbecue?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 12:47am

Been rained out for weeks now..... don't think the bushfires will take over any time soon...  my back yard is sodden and only my raised garden beds are not.... great organisation (pats self on back).

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 7:03am

The growth is even more spectacular than when I first commented. I can't even remember a season of growth like it and I go back a long way.

Now will there be a massive campaign of controlled burn this year? Will the weather provide the opportunities?
I have this feeling that the RFS may not have the resources for the kind of preemptive burn that wouldbe necessary this year.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 7:09am

Back in WA my councils has a cunning fire plan.

As soon as it is dry enough to do a control burn, they ban all burning.

It makes it impossible to make it fire safe.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print