Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
$5000 per kangaroo for sterilisation (Read 8404 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: $5000 per kangaroo for sterilisation
Reply #45 - May 27th, 2017 at 6:50pm

Agnes wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 5:30pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 4th, 2017 at 9:02am:
There is already a large and growing market for kangaroo meat from culled wild kangaroos. People will actually pay for the right to harvest them. This makes no sense at all. It reminds me of the idiots who want us to sterilise and release feral cats.

There are around 250 shooters licensed for commercial Kangaroo harvesting in NSW. These licenses are not cheap you must have your vehicle inspected it has to comply with regs on transporting meat so does your chiller.

In most states you need permits and tags for non commercial shooting of Roos they must be left to rot where they drop, aborigines are exempt from this.
Quote:
5.1 Non commercial shooting
Non commercial shooting is many faceted, involving the 'shoot and let lie' licensing system available in all 4 states.

There were also complaints that the practice of issuing damage mitigation licenses to landholders took Kangaroos away from potential commercial use, ie Kangaroos were left to waste on the ground.Professional Kangaroo shooters argue that approximately 100,000 Kangaroos known to be killed non commercially should have been commercially utilised.

It is also put forward that, as an alternative, there should be no damage mitigation licensing system, ie all Kangaroos should be killed by commercial Kangaroo shooters and the carcasses sold to processors.This opinion comes not only from shooters and processors, who see the shoot-and-let-lie policy as wasteful and cruel, but also the results from government inquiries
environment.gov.au/biodiversity/wildlife-trade/publications/kangaroo-shooting-co...

We need to allow the farmers who cull Kangaroos under damage mitigation permits and tags to harvest the meat and skins instead of leaving them to rot where they fall, if a non commercial roo shooter (ie farmer/landowner) legally shoots a Roo it must be tagged and left to rot where it falls, if that person hires a licensed commercial kangaroo shooter then the meat and skins can be harvested.

I recently saw a Roo that was seriously injured by a car, I had 2 rifles in the boot of my car and couldn't euthanize it because that would be a serious offence to use my guns for that which will result in loss of firearms license, I had to let the Roo suffer because our laws don't allow me to do the humane thing in situations like that.

Really..well who is going to extract the projectile from the animals skull  and track you down-no one is the answer to both questions. You didnt have to let to it suffer !!!  You do not let an animal suffer under any circumstance, for any reason.

Everyone has a camera in their phone these days which means better to let animals suffer than end up on serious firearms charges for ending the suffering of an animal.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #46 - May 29th, 2017 at 3:29am

I cannot believe you said that

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Moriaty

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 5:34pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 6:50pm:
Agnes wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 5:30pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 4th, 2017 at 9:02am:
There is already a large and growing market for kangaroo meat from culled wild kangaroos. People will actually pay for the right to harvest them. This makes no sense at all. It reminds me of the idiots who want us to sterilise and release feral cats.

There are around 250 shooters licensed for commercial Kangaroo harvesting in NSW. These licenses are not cheap you must have your vehicle inspected it has to comply with regs on transporting meat so does your chiller.

In most states you need permits and tags for non commercial shooting of Roos they must be left to rot where they drop, aborigines are exempt from this.
Quote:
5.1 Non commercial shooting
Non commercial shooting is many faceted, involving the 'shoot and let lie' licensing system available in all 4 states.

There were also complaints that the practice of issuing damage mitigation licenses to landholders took Kangaroos away from potential commercial use, ie Kangaroos were left to waste on the ground.Professional Kangaroo shooters argue that approximately 100,000 Kangaroos known to be killed non commercially should have been commercially utilised.

It is also put forward that, as an alternative, there should be no damage mitigation licensing system, ie all Kangaroos should be killed by commercial Kangaroo shooters and the carcasses sold to processors.This opinion comes not only from shooters and processors, who see the shoot-and-let-lie policy as wasteful and cruel, but also the results from government inquiries
environment.gov.au/biodiversity/wildlife-trade/publications/kangaroo-shooting-co...

We need to allow the farmers who cull Kangaroos under damage mitigation permits and tags to harvest the meat and skins instead of leaving them to rot where they fall, if a non commercial roo shooter (ie farmer/landowner) legally shoots a Roo it must be tagged and left to rot where it falls, if that person hires a licensed commercial kangaroo shooter then the meat and skins can be harvested.

I recently saw a Roo that was seriously injured by a car, I had 2 rifles in the boot of my car and couldn't euthanize it because that would be a serious offence to use my guns for that which will result in loss of firearms license, I had to let the Roo suffer because our laws don't allow me to do the humane thing in situations like that.

Really..well who is going to extract the projectile from the animals skull  and track you down-no one is the answer to both questions. You didnt have to let to it suffer !!!  You do not let an animal suffer under any circumstance, for any reason.

Everyone has a camera in their phone these days which means better to let animals suffer than end up on serious firearms charges for ending the suffering of an animal.

What a load of bollock. The Federal Environment department even has guidelines on euthanising injured roos. Get your facts straight.

Defend Free-speech. Say no to censorship on this forum! Defend the freedoms our soldiers fought for against the Fascist-racist forces of evil!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #48 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:40pm

freediver wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 12:27pm:
Anyone know what the point of this is?

Canberra roo fertility trial costs $612,000, treats 135 kangaroos

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/canberra-roo-fertility-trial-costs-612000-treats-135-kangaroos-20170123-gtwzj3.html

Two-and-a-half years into the kangaroo fertility trial, the ACT government has spent about $600,000 to deliver a contraceptive to 135 kangaroos, and a placebo to 10 more.

Well we all know that its so expensive to 'do anything' in Australia - especially use 'common sense'.

It take $999 Billion Trillion Bugger Zillions to build a little bridge in Australia.  Roll Eyes

In America - the 'raven haired' Entertainer is sleeping with your wife!
In Australia - the 'brunette' Worker is making you pay more ...for less of them.
Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print