Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
$5000 per kangaroo for sterilisation (Read 8405 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: $5000 per kangaroo for sterilisation
Reply #30 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm

freediver wrote on Feb 4th, 2017 at 9:02am:
There is already a large and growing market for kangaroo meat from culled wild kangaroos. People will actually pay for the right to harvest them. This makes no sense at all. It reminds me of the idiots who want us to sterilise and release feral cats.

There are around 250 shooters licensed for commercial Kangaroo harvesting in NSW. These licenses are not cheap you must have your vehicle inspected it has to comply with regs on transporting meat so does your chiller.

In most states you need permits and tags for non commercial shooting of Roos they must be left to rot where they drop, aborigines are exempt from this.
Quote:
5.1 Non commercial shooting
Non commercial shooting is many faceted, involving the 'shoot and let lie' licensing system available in all 4 states.

There were also complaints that the practice of issuing damage mitigation licenses to landholders took Kangaroos away from potential commercial use, ie Kangaroos were left to waste on the ground.Professional Kangaroo shooters argue that approximately 100,000 Kangaroos known to be killed non commercially should have been commercially utilised.

It is also put forward that, as an alternative, there should be no damage mitigation licensing system, ie all Kangaroos should be killed by commercial Kangaroo shooters and the carcasses sold to processors.This opinion comes not only from shooters and processors, who see the shoot-and-let-lie policy as wasteful and cruel, but also the results from government inquiries
environment.gov.au/biodiversity/wildlife-trade/publications/kangaroo-shooting-co...

We need to allow the farmers who cull Kangaroos under damage mitigation permits and tags to harvest the meat and skins instead of leaving them to rot where they fall, if a non commercial roo shooter (ie farmer/landowner) legally shoots a Roo it must be tagged and left to rot where it falls, if that person hires a licensed commercial kangaroo shooter then the meat and skins can be harvested.

I recently saw a Roo that was seriously injured by a car, I had 2 rifles in the boot of my car and couldn't euthanize it because that would be a serious offence to use my guns for that which will result in loss of firearms license, I had to let the Roo suffer because our laws don't allow me to do the humane thing in situations like that.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #31 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 5:08am

Neferti wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 3:43pm:
You probably do not see kangaroos hopping down the street in other States but here in Canberra .....

It is obvious that the occasional Politician who has to attend Parliament every so often, is rarely confronted by a "mass" (what is the word for a LOT of 'roos??) of kangaroos on the Golf Course.

The Annual Cull causes all sorts of problems with the Greens who seem to not have enough room at their HOME to accommodate these sweet little animals. Poisoning them is "cruel", shooting them is "cruel" but catching them (via some arrow or other to "stun" them) then injecting them so that they are no longer able to have sex is NOT cruel?

Animals ONLY have sex when the female becomes "on heat" is that right?

Mob...of 'roos is all I've used or ever heard. 

It's unusual for government to come up with over priced ineffecient solutions to problems they over complicate and bury in volumes of paperwork and compliance costs and issues...NOT.

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #32 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 5:11am

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm:
There is already a large and growing market for kangaroo meat from culled wild kangaroos. People will actually pay for the right to harvest them. This makes no sense at all. It reminds me of the idiots who want us to sterilise and release feral cats.

There are around 250 shooters licensed for commercial Kangaroo harvesting in NSW. These licenses are not cheap you must have your vehicle inspected it has to comply with regs on transporting meat so does your chiller.

In most states you need permits and tags for non commercial shooting of Roos they must be left to rot where they drop, aborigines are exempt from this.
Quote:
Non commercial shooting is many faceted, involving the 'shoot and let lie' licensing system available in all 4 states.

There were also complaints that the practice of issuing damage mitigation licenses to landholders took Kangaroos away from potential commercial use, ie Kangaroos were left to waste on the ground.Professional Kangaroo shooters argue that approximately 100,000 Kangaroos known to be killed non commercially should have been commercially utilised.

It is also put forward that, as an alternative, there should be no damage mitigation licensing system, ie all Kangaroos should be killed by commercial Kangaroo shooters and the carcasses sold to processors.This opinion comes not only from shooters and processors, who see the shoot-and-let-lie policy as wasteful and cruel, but also the results from government inquiries
environment.gov.au/biodiversity/wildlife-trade/publications/kangaroo-shooting-co...

We need to allow the farmers who cull Kangaroos under damage mitigation permits and tags to harvest the meat and skins instead of leaving them to rot where they fall, if a non commercial roo shooter (ie farmer/landowner) legally shoots a Roo it must be tagged and left to rot where it falls, if that person hires a licensed commercial kangaroo shooter then the meat and skins can be harvested.

I recently saw a Roo that was seriously injured by a car, I had 2 rifles in the boot of my car and couldn't euthanize it because that would be a serious offence to use my guns for that which will result in loss of firearms license, I had to let the Roo suffer because our laws don't allow me to do the humane thing in situations like that.

Canberra....should build a wall around that place.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 1:45am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 12:29pm:
Stop them breeding.

Cesterete them.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 1:48am

John Smith wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 12:55pm:
from the moment a kangaroo falls pregnant the first time, she is perpetually pregnant. The next joey sits in a kind of holding pattern until the previous joey is out, and conditions such as food and water supply are sufficient ....

they're probably looking at ways to stop or slow this so as to control numbers.

You do realize FD's using kangaroo culling as a metaphor for you-know-who, don't you?

Sustainability Party 101, innit.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 9:06am

It should be possible to feed them some contraceptives

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #36 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:32pm

Which Lib donor has this contract?   Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #37 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:33pm

Neferti wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 3:43pm:
You probably do not see kangaroos hopping down the street in other States but here in Canberra .....

It is obvious that the occasional Politician who has to attend Parliament every so often, is rarely confronted by a "mass" (what is the word for a LOT of 'roos??) of kangaroos on the Golf Course.

The Annual Cull causes all sorts of problems with the Greens who seem to not have enough room at their HOME to accommodate these sweet little animals. Poisoning them is "cruel", shooting them is "cruel" but catching them (via some arrow or other to "stun" them) then injecting them so that they are no longer able to have sex is NOT cruel?

Animals ONLY have sex when the female becomes "on heat" is that right?

It's a 'mob' isn't it?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #38 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:37pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:32pm:

Which Lib donor has this contract?   Roll Eyes

What cynicism Grappler !!         Grin          Wink

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #39 - May 22nd, 2017 at 5:30pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm:

Quote:

Really..well who is going to extract the projectile from the animals skull  and track you down-no one is the answer to both questions. You didnt have to let to it suffer !!!  You do not let an animal suffer under any circumstance, for any reason.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #40 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:51pm

So, Agnes, you are in favour of breaking the law?

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #41 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:57pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 1:48am:
John Smith wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 12:55pm:
from the moment a kangaroo falls pregnant the first time, she is perpetually pregnant. The next joey sits in a kind of holding pattern until the previous joey is out, and conditions such as food and water supply are sufficient ....

they're probably looking at ways to stop or slow this so as to control numbers.

You do realize FD's using kangaroo culling as a metaphor for you-know-who, don't you?

Sustainability Party 101, innit.

First they shot the kangaroos; I said nothing.... then they shot the Muslims.

Sir Eoin O Fada looks like another Freediver persona, like Yadda.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #42 - May 24th, 2017 at 8:52pm

I love Kangaroos.

Where I live (not willing to disclose but it is close to water) they are 'street smart' and wait for cars to pass before crossing the road ...and there are hundreds of them just wombling through the suburbs eating the grass on (my) people's yards and in school fields etc.
Very few 'road kills' until the Sydney-siders arrive for holidays.  Roll Eyes (speeding)

I love eating Kangaroo. The meat is rich in a lot and not in fat. It definitely gives a better bounce in my step than Beef or Lamb (or Pork). It isn't hard to cook at all and is over-rated on that factor, by lazy and those who refuse to adapt to something new and better. It's cheap!
Beef, Lamb, Pork (are not Top 10 quality meats) are like cheap VB (lovechild of the KB) - but Kangaroo is like a fine Scotch Whiskey or Moet wine.

I also like how even the Greys can get big and stand tall like a Man ready to kick some arse!

If I ever took up Farming, I would do Kangaroos and Emus !!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #43 - May 25th, 2017 at 5:48am

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:51pm:

If a law allows suffering to man or beast then the law is wrong- so in this case - yes!

Anyway laws are merely guidelines/a suggestion

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - May 25th, 2017 at 3:06pm

Agnes wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 5:48am:
Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:51pm:

If a law allows suffering to man or beast then the law is wrong- so in this case - yes!

Anyway laws are merely guidelines/a suggestion

Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print