Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DVA spying on veterans (Read 3649 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
DVA spying on veterans
Feb 2nd, 2017 at 12:15pm

It is good to know that DVA still goes out of its way to ensure that injured veterans get the least of their entitlements as possible.

Anyone who has had to deal with DVA generally comes out the other end, less than impressed with them.

WAR veterans are being spied on by government investigators trawling their social media sites and following them in a bid to prove their medical claims are false, doctors and vets claim.

Veterans suffering from post traumatic stress disorder have been driven to despair _ and even thoughts of suicide _ by “aggressing and bullying” tactics that force them to prove they are unwell, a national inquiry has heard.

Some vets with claims for injuries suffered while serving their country say they have even been staked out by shadowy figures with cameras in their street taking their photo whenever they leave the house.

Doctors have given evidence to the Senate inquiry into suicides by war vets and ex service personnel that investigators are intruding on private lives and using “biased and unsubstantiated” information to dismiss claims.

In a submission to the inquiry, general practitioner and former regimental medical officer Dr Steven Scally has accused the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) and the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation of foul play against war vets.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/doctor-blows-whistle-on-govt-in...

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: DVA spying on veterans
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 12:33pm

BigOl64 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2017 at 12:15pm:
It is good to know that DVA still goes out of its way to ensure that injured veterans get the least of their entitlements as possible.

Anyone who has had to deal with DVA generally comes out the other end, less than impressed with them.

WAR veterans are being spied on by government investigators trawling their social media sites and following them in a bid to prove their medical claims are false, doctors and vets claim.

Veterans suffering from post traumatic stress disorder have been driven to despair _ and even thoughts of suicide _ by “aggressing and bullying” tactics that force them to prove they are unwell, a national inquiry has heard.

Some vets with claims for injuries suffered while serving their country say they have even been staked out by shadowy figures with cameras in their street taking their photo whenever they leave the house.

Doctors have given evidence to the Senate inquiry into suicides by war vets and ex service personnel that investigators are intruding on private lives and using “biased and unsubstantiated” information to dismiss claims.

In a submission to the inquiry, general practitioner and former regimental medical officer Dr Steven Scally has accused the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) and the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation of foul play against war vets.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/doctor-blows-whistle-on-govt-in...

It's odd really I have had no problem with DVA at all.
It was a DVA staff member that told me I could have  a car purchased for me, it was a DVA  staff member that told me I could get a SPEEDY ELITE to help with my wheel chair 

Could it be "maybe" to do with attitude   Wink Wink

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 12:46pm

bwood1946 wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 12:33pm:

It was a DVA staff member that told me I could have  a car purchased for me, it was a DVA  staff member that told me I could get a SPEEDY ELITE to help with my wheel chair 

I have had fair dealings with them at times and on other occasions not so much, it depends on who you are dealing with I suppose. Well will see how it goes when my fuel and sealant exposure start causing problems and I need DVA to get their sh1t together and help out.

I have had mates who are '90 - 95%' and can't get a gold card because their final claims are rejected.

Good to see you had a good run with them.  Smiley

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 4:24pm

BigOl64 wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 12:46pm:

I have had fair dealings with them at times and on other occasions not so much, it depends on who you are dealing with I suppose. Well will see how it goes when my fuel and sealant exposure start causing problems and I need DVA to get their sh1t together and help out.

I have had mates who are '90 - 95%' and can't get a gold card because their final claims are rejected.

A lot of veterans don't know SMOKING IS NOW EXCEPTED  covers a lot of MAJOR PROBLEMS'

Auto immune diease like  MS,,MOTO NURONE  ETC
Wink Wink Wink Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2017 at 4:29pm by bwood1946 »  

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 4:56pm

bwood1946 wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 4:24pm:

A lot of veterans don't know SMOKING IS NOW EXCEPTED  covers a lot of MAJOR PROBLEMS'

Wink Wink Wink Wink

Sh1t!

I new PTSD was covered and cancers are covered for RAAF maintainers, but that was new one me.

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:08pm

BigOl64 wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 4:56pm:

Wink Wink Wink Wink

Sh1t!

I new PTSD was covered and cancers are covered for RAAF maintainers, but that was new one me.

FORM  D1219  ONLINE

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:09pm

bwood1946 wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:08pm:

Wink Wink Wink Wink

Sh1t!

FORM  D1219  ONLINE

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:10pm

bwood1946 wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:09pm:
bwood1946 wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:08pm:

Wink Wink Wink Wink

Sh1t!

FORM  D1219  ONLINE

And alcohol abuse excepted    Wink

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #8 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:19pm

bwood1946 wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:10pm:
And alcohol abuse excepted    Wink