Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
NSW Healthcare Reportings (Read 2226 times)
Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: NSW Healthcare Reportings
Reply #15 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:23pm

Investigation launched after needle left inside mother during C-section

By Emma Brancatisano
6:05pm Sep 2, 2017

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/09/02/17/56/investigation-into-needle-left...

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:29pm

'Creepy' man who felt up patients jailed
6:46pm Sep 14, 2017

Samir Fahmy Ishak, 69, on Thursday was handed a maximum term of five years for one count of aggravated indecent assault in 2011 and a further eight counts in late 2014.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/09/14/15/28/sonographer-jailed-for-indecen...

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 5:30pm

Disgraced oncologist John Kearsley avoids jail for indecent assault of cancer patient's daughter

By Kelly Fedor • Court Reporter
4:26pm Oct 9, 2017

340 hours of community service

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/09/16/01/oncologist-john-kearlsey-avoid...

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 7:02pm

This was in the Daily Telegraph which has a subscription paywall to access it so I typed quotes from the print newspaper which I bought today while I was in town

‘They need help to cope with their loss’

Miscarriage care - EVERY hospital in NSW has been ordered to treat women who lose children in pregnancy with greater compassion in an unprecedented directive issued by Health Minister Brad Hazzard.

"A 25 Year old woman's stillborn baby was mistakenly cremated before autopsy could be performed" - Liverpool Hospital.

"The woman was put in a ward alongside mums with their newborn babies while she was grieving for the loss of her child"

"I feel because my baby wasn't alive they didn't care about me or her, she said"

Health Minister Brad Hazzard received a complaint from Stella Pirko and the Minister sent a copy of the complaint to every private and public hospital in NSW

I sympathize with the new Health Minister, Brad Hazzard. He has an enormous job overcoming the disgraceful legacy of his "could care less" predecessor Jillian Skinner. He has a tough job, and I congratulate him on clamping down on doctors who use illegal drugs in their after hours leisure time ... telling them: "Get out of NSW Health"

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 9:20pm

A good news story for a change - ACT hospital is changing from paper system to electronic barcodes attempting to eliminate errors

How the ACT is eliminating hospital errors

New systems cross-reference patient with process.

ACT Health has embarked on a clinical systems transformation that will see patients electronically cross-referenced with pathology orders and medication at their bedside in an effort to eliminate errors at the point of care.

The territory's health directorate has completely overhauled how it interacts with patients to banish the paper-based records and processes that are the traditional causes of mixed up blood samples and medications in hospitals.

Despite having made a significant effort to strengthen these processes in recent years, ACT Health wasn't getting the reduction in avoidable errors it wanted.

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/how-the-act-is-eliminating-hospital-errors-478855

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 9:47pm

Unfortunately the bad news continues ...

This is an older story I missed but still important today because I don't believe this hospital in the Central West has sorted itself out. It was and I believe still is the worst Public hospital in NSW. Try to avoid getting medical attention there if you live in the area, book in at Bathurst, Dubbo, Katoomba for operations and prolonged stays, anywhere but Orange

Orange Public hospital is a place of employment, medical quality comes in at a very poor second. If you have no other option but to attend this shambles of a so-called hospital, get in and get out quick

Orange community rallies behind hospital staff over concerns about friction with management
ABC Central West

By Gavin Coote and Melanie Pearce
Posted 7 Jun 2016, 4:57pm

Several hundred residents in central west New South Wales have called on the State Government to address concerns about management at Orange hospital.

Last month, the Orange Health Service Medical Staff Council expressed a vote of no-confidence in the Western NSW Local Health District following a review into a senior doctor.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-07/residents-and-clinicians-rally-behind-oran...

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 8:46pm

NSW needs nurses as 'catastrophic' shortage predicted to affect patient care

By Kathleen Calderwood and Greg Miskelly
Updated earlier today at 9:03am

New South Wales is on the cusp of a nursing crisis, with south-west Sydney set to face a "catastrophic" shortage of staff, according to official data.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-12/nsw-set-for-major-shortage-of-nurses-and-m...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print