Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Women march against Trump in Antarctica (Read 9077 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Women march against Trump in Antarctica
Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:37pm

Women's march: Women hate Donald Trump so much they are even marching against him in Antarctica

A group of demonstrators will be marching in a part of Antarctica normally inhabited by only penguins, seals and whales.

Donald Trump is so unpopular that there are even women marching against him in Antarctica.

The day after the inauguration of a president who bragged about grabbing women by their genitals, thousands will be marching in Washington and in more than 60 countries around the world, to “stand up for human rights, women’s rights and against hate.”

And in Paradise Bay, a remote corner of Antarctica whose population normally comprises gentoo penguins, Weddell seals and the occasional humpback whale, a group of at least 30 women and supportive men will be joining the Women’s March movement.  They will march with banners proclaiming 'Penguins for Peace', 'Seals for Science', "Cormorants for Climate', and 'Love from seven continents'.

The Antarctic march is being organised by Linda Zunas, 42, a data analytics and market research professional from Oakland, California, who told The Independent she had been motivated by Donald Trump’s apparent intention to reverse the environmental policies of Barack Obama.

“I set it up because I wanted to participate in the Women’s March,” she said. “I spent a month after the election mourning the impending damage to the earth that will be done. I felt like I needed to do something to be part of the global movement.”

Describing the protesters as "an international group of eco-minded visitors" to Antarctica, Ms Zunas said: "They range in age from 24 to 87, male and female, from over six countries."

Because of the environmental sensitivity of the area, she explained, "The actual marching will be short as we have to limit our footprint on land."

The shortness of the march, however, would be compensated for by the uniqueness of the spectators.

"We hope to have gentoo penguins in the background of our march," said Ms Zunas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/womens-march-antarctica-donald-...

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Women march against Trump in Antarctica
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:40pm

I'm sure the gentoo penguins will be impressed.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:43pm

mothra wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:37pm:
Women's march: Women hate Donald Trump so much they are even marching against him in Antarctica

A group of demonstrators will be marching in a part of Antarctica normally inhabited by only penguins, seals and whales.

Donald Trump is so unpopular that there are even women marching against him in Antarctica.

The day after the inauguration of a president who bragged about grabbing women by their genitals, thousands will be marching in Washington and in more than 60 countries around the world, to “stand up for human rights, women’s rights and against hate.”

And in Paradise Bay, a remote corner of Antarctica whose population normally comprises gentoo penguins, Weddell seals and the occasional humpback whale, a group of at least 30 women and supportive men will be joining the Women’s March movement.  They will march with banners proclaiming 'Penguins for Peace', 'Seals for Science', "Cormorants for Climate', and 'Love from seven continents'.

The Antarctic march is being organised by Linda Zunas, 42, a data analytics and market research professional from Oakland, California, who told The Independent she had been motivated by Donald Trump’s apparent intention to reverse the environmental policies of Barack Obama.

“I set it up because I wanted to participate in the Women’s March,” she said. “I spent a month after the election mourning the impending damage to the earth that will be done. I felt like I needed to do something to be part of the global movement.”

Describing the protesters as "an international group of eco-minded visitors" to Antarctica, Ms Zunas said: "They range in age from 24 to 87, male and female, from over six countries."

Because of the environmental sensitivity of the area, she explained, "The actual marching will be short as we have to limit our footprint on land."

The shortness of the march, however, would be compensated for by the uniqueness of the spectators.

"We hope to have gentoo penguins in the background of our march," said Ms Zunas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/womens-march-antarctica-donald-...

Smells of George Soros to me........... Grin

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:47pm

Donald Trump is so unpopular  ...

... that:

"Donald Trump ... gained nearly three million fewer votes than his opponent.

"The margin of 2.86 million ballots was the biggest popular vote disparity in US history for a candidate who has gone on to become President, significantly greater than the 544,000-vote gap between George W Bush and Al Gore in 2000."

Tiny inauguration crowd too.

In fact, he's the most unpopular incoming President for 40 years.

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:53pm

😭😭😭😭😭😭

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #5 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:58pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:47pm:

... that:

"The margin of 2.86 million ballots was the biggest popular vote disparity in US history for a candidate who has gone on to become President, significantly greater than the 544,000-vote gap between George W Bush and Al Gore in 2000."

Grin Grin Grin

http://www.inquisitr.com/3903950/president-obama-had-about-one-million-more-peop...

Spare a thought for poor mal , there was enough spare room to safely conduct 7 or 8 simultaneous hammer throws , and he still didn't get an invite  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:08pm

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:14pm

Its time wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:58pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 5:47pm:

... that:

Grin Grin Grin

http://www.inquisitr.com/3903950/president-obama-had-about-one-million-more-peop...

Spare a thought for poor mal , there was enough spare room to safely conduct 7 or 8 simultaneous hammer throws ...

I'd like to see that.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:17pm

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:21pm

Sates where Donald Trump is popular:

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:24pm

I hope they get lost and turn into s hit flavoured ice blocks.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:26pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:24pm:

Your favourite flavour, hey?

maim miam

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:27pm

if you want to stand up for womens rights, you must be a big supporter of Gert Wilders then mothra??

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:30pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:24pm:

Your favourite flavour, hey?

maim miam
Better than your fave- baby batter swirl.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:32pm

aquascoot wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:27pm:

if you want to stand up for womens rights, you must be a big supporter of Gert Wilders then mothra??

It's true. You don't think.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print