Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26
Send Topic Print
9000yr old stone dwellings found (Read 11915 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: 9000yr old stone dwellings found
Reply #330 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:09pm

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #331 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:12pm

mothra wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 10:34am:
There appears to be no question amongst archaeologists that the Firs Australians builtt these dwellings.'...

Give us a break.

Government grants to universities depends on them staying 'on message' with regard to maintaining myths and legends as historic fact to do with pre- and post-settlement history.

Australian archaeologists know which side their bread is buttered, and it certainly isn't about shooting holes in the mythologies surrounding Abo history and achievements.

That can get your tenure as a university lecturer shortened very dramatically. My own niece had this explained to her when she was marking university science papers with just a little too much honesty and not enough regard for political correctness. 

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #332 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:13pm

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #333 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:14pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:38am:
aquascoot wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:33am:
...l reaction to trump.  you can feel that his presence almost makes them want to puke.  its not the man. its his vibe.

No Jasper, it's the man pig.

A self-confessed sexual predator, accused of child rape, doesn't garner much respect from normal people.

in a way, you are right because "normal" people , nowadays, particularly in the west are

beaten down
feeling like they live in a very harsh world
feeling like they live in scarcity
feeling very ungrateful for what they do have.

and these people who are now the "norm" look at a guy like trump , with a beautiful wife and a kick ass career and being democraticly elected to the most powerful position on earth and they think to themselves (well, their ego does the thinking)...if i respect this guy, how can i ever respect myself.  I have achieved nothing. i have achieved no greatness. i am fat steve, sitting on the couch with my fat wife and i am very mediocre.  and so their ego gets enraged and to preserve itself it has no option but to get mad at Trump.
mad at Trump for being all the things they arent.
and thats the norm nowadays...nobodies like yourself who achieve nothing and think that venting your hatred for trump on an obscure internet forum is your 'mission in life"  even a 5 year old who wants to be a fireman has a bigger purpose then your mediocre self.

(awaits horse poop GIF)  Wink Wink

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #334 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:30pm

aquascoot wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:14pm:
(awaits horse poop GIF)

next time do your own dirty work you bludger

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #335 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:34pm

aquascoot wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:14pm:
... venting your hatred for trump ...

I've never said anything about 'hatred for Trump', Jasper.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #336 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:45pm

rhino wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:20am:
Gnads wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 10:27am:
mothra wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 10:24am:
Gnads wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 10:21am:
mothra wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 10:10am:
Gnads wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 10:08am:
Oh and there are no recorded instances of Aboriginal art being found on the walls of any stone buildings

only in rock caves and on rock wall overhangs

did they build those as well?

No but they've been found around the stone dwellings that date back 9,000 years.

Thankyou for making that point Gnads.

I never made that point .... you did. You just made it up.

There are no aboriginal built stone buildings around any of the caves or rock wall overhangs.

Yes there are. On the Dampier Archipelago.

Which proves thes 9000 year old stone dwellings with multiple rooms wer built by the First Australians.

Onya Gnads. I knw you had it in you.

You have no proof Aboriginals built those dwellings.

There appears to be no question amongst archaeologists that the Firs Australians builtt these dwellings.' .

Lol. One archeologist. Tell another lie Mothra, thats working for you so far. Feeling sorry for you now. How about no stone to be found in most of Australia? Other stone age  tribes around the world who made sophisticated structures? Why just lie for convenience? What are you getting out of it?

No Rhino. Archaeologists.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #337 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 1:52pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:50am:
Gordon wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:17am:
Why aren't there 10000s of examples of these dwellings around and are they featured in any Aboriginal art?

does the fact that there aren't tens of thousands of Colosseum change the fact that there is a Colosseum?

You're kidding right?

It took the might of the Roman Empire 100000 slaves and eight years to build the Colosseum. It's a one of. There are however tens of thousands of other Roman ruins.

The Aboriginal dwelling described would take a month to build. (being generous). For arguments sake lets say they started knocking these things up 9000 years ago, if they managed to build just 10 in one  year in the whole of Australia, we'd be tripping over them.

Where are the 90000 dwellings hiding? 

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #338 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 3:38pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 1:52pm:
Why aren't there 10000s of examples of these dwellings around and are they featured in any Aboriginal art?

does the fact that there aren't tens of thousands of Colosseum change the fact that there is a Colosseum?

You're kidding right?

It took the might of the Roman Empire 100000 slaves and eight years to build the Colosseum. It's a one of. There are however tens of thousands of other Roman ruins.

The Aboriginal dwelling described would take a month to build. (being generous). For arguments sake lets say they started knocking these things up 9000 years ago, if they managed to build just 10 in one  year in the whole of Australia, we'd be tripping over them.

no, I'm not kidding. Does the fact that there aren't 10 000 of these buildings out there change the fact that there are some?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #339 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 3:45pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 3:38pm:

You're kidding right?

no, I'm not kidding. Does the fact that there aren't 10 000 of these buildings out there change the fact that there are some?

I'm not denying they exist but the lack of numerous examples is puzzling tho eh?

Lets go with this, the ones built were display homes and the construction company went into liquidation and ran away with all the funds before they were built.   Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #340 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 6:18pm

So

The way I read it.

Aboriginal civilization reached its apex 9000 years ago and has been going downhill ever since.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #341 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 6:31pm

mothra wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 12:45pm:
Oh and there are no recorded instances of Aboriginal art being found on the walls of any stone buildings

No but they've been found around the stone dwellings that date back 9,000 years.

There are no aboriginal built stone buildings around any of the caves or rock wall overhangs.

Which proves thes 9000 year old stone dwellings with multiple rooms wer built by the First Australians.

There appears to be no question amongst archaeologists that the Firs Australians builtt these dwellings.' .

Lol. One archeologist. Tell another lie Mothra, thats working for you so far. Feeling sorry for you now. How about no stone to be found in most of Australia? Other stone age  tribes around the world who made sophisticated structures? Why just lie for convenience? What are you getting out of it?

No Rhino. Archaeologists.
No plural. One. Not 2, not 3, not a group. One only.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #342 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 6:32pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:52am:
Lol. One archeologist.

it's still more than double the number of expert opinions you've put up
Theres no need to put up an expert opinion on something which doesnt exist.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #343 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 8:34pm

There appears to be no question amongst archaeologists that the Firs Australians builtt these dwellings.'Accompaning rock art, as you sagely introduced, would seal that deal.

9000 year old stone houses. Doesn't that just put a new spin on things.

No because it is bullshyte.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #344 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 8:40pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 3:45pm:
John Smith wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 3:38pm:

You're kidding right?

I'm not denying they exist but the lack of numerous examples is puzzling tho eh?

Lets go with this, the ones built were display homes and the construction company went into liquidation and ran away with all the funds before they were built.   Grin Grin Grin

what's puzzling? some abo's built houses, the majority were nomadic. Surely you could have figured that out on your own?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26
Send Topic Print