Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
if you have ever wondered (Read 1092 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

if you have ever wondered
Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:57am

if there is one LAW for the rich and one LAW for the poor..look no further...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/barrister-caught-out-writing-himself-...

A ONCE respected barrister feted by Governor-Generals and a champion of war hero Sir Edward “Weary” Dunlop’s legacy has been caught out writing himself into a client’s Will and attempting to cover his tracks.

Dino De Marchi, a former member of the elite Special Air Services and Vietnam War veteran, stood to get a fifth of his client’s estate after agreeing to take her and her deceased daughter’s ashes to Trieste in Italy to be scattered.

De Marchi pleaded guilty to including his name as a “significant beneficiary” in a Will he was preparing and failing to tell his client of a provision allowing he, or his firm, to be paid to administer her estate.

But he remains free to practise after the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal decided a reprimand and $5000 fine was appropriate given De Marchi’s celebrated past.

In 2014, the Legal Services Commissioner investigated a complaint from Ms Clayton on behalf of herself and Ms Toffolon and found De Marchi guilty of professional misconduct and unsatisfactory professional conduct. The matter was then referred to VCAT in June last year, with a hearing held last month.

Senior Member Gerard decided a reprimand for each offence, a $5000 fine and $15,000 in costs satisfied the need for general deterrence and protection of the legal profession’s reputation.

Mr Gerard accepted De Marchi’s behaviour was “an isolated incident in what is otherwise a blameless record” and said the result would have been more severe but for the lawyer’s service to the community.

“I am satisfied that Mr De Marchi has given significant service to the community and that he should receive credit for this,” Mr Butcher said.

I am sure the few dollars wouldnt be any problem.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

maybe to a lowly solicitor caught doing the same thing.. but not a High up wealthy Barrister..surely?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: if you have ever wondered
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:28pm

There is no S on the end of Service in Special Air Service... same as SAS troopers are not paratroopers  as such, though the media tend to confuse these things...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:44pm

Wonder how many others he ripped off?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:56pm

Dino De Marchi is a Freemason. Their judiciary brethren always let brother Freemasons off lightly.

Notice that brother Freemasons cleverly avoided stating how much Dino De Marchi stood to gain from his crime.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:58pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:28pm:
There is no S on the end of Service in Special Air Service... same as SAS troopers are not paratroopers  as such, though the media tend to confuse these things...

Maybe he was faking SAS membership by putting s one the end. Maybe he was just a lackey.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 10:00pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:58pm:

Maybe he was faking SAS membership by putting s one the end. Maybe he was just a lackey.

Who dares wins?

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 10:15pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:44pm:

would you trust any of them??????.. not really..

but thats not the point of the thread.. its the

Quote:
Mr Gerard accepted De Marchi’s behaviour was “an isolated incident in what is otherwise a blameless record” and said the result would have been more severe but for the lawyer’s service to the community

REALLY>>> 

one 5th of this ladies estate would not have been peanuts  not many can afford a Barrister to write their will....and he must have thought he could get away with it.......well he has.. he didnt get the money but he got away with it all the same..

so as bias says.... how many has he done before?????

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 8:20am

Gordon wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 10:00pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:58pm:

Who dares wins?

Who cares who wins?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 8:21am

cods wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 10:15pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:44pm:

would you trust any of them??????.. not really..

but thats not the point of the thread.. its the

Quote:
Mr Gerard accepted De Marchi’s behaviour was “an isolated incident in what is otherwise a blameless record” and said the result would have been more severe but for the lawyer’s service to the community

REALLY>>> 

one 5th of this ladies estate would not have been peanuts  not many can afford a Barrister to write their will....and he must have thought he could get away with it.......well he has.. he didnt get the money but he got away with it all the same..

so as bias says.... how many has he done before?????

Yes - you have to ask those question... people in a position of trust these days don't seem to understand the word.  Huh

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 9:08am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 8:21am:
Yes - you have to ask those question... people in a position of trust these days don't seem to understand the word.

they hang diplomas on their walls grap...telling us how clever they were to pass an exam...

but they don t have to hang a diploma of thieving on their walls.....mores the pity... they may think very carefully if they did..

lets hope the Bar Assoc is taking a good look at him

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:17am

To be fair, it's hardly 'one law for the rich' since he committed a crime and was caught and charged.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #11 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:30am

This case involved a conspiracy between the police, prosecutor, judge and defendant and possibly others to trivialize his crime.

This is establishment Freemasons conduct.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #12 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:33am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:17am:
To be fair, it's hardly 'one law for the rich' since he committed a crime and was caught and charged.

Thank you, Worshipful Master.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print