Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
When will Russia invade Eastern Europe? (Read 1979 times)
AuntieM

Australian Politics

Re: When will Russia invade Eastern Europe?
Reply #15 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 10:58am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 8:57am:
Marla wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 8:51am:
longweekend58 wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 8:12am:
its not a question of IF but WHEN. The old KGB is back in charge via Putin and only NATO and the USA stand in the way with a Russian invasion of Eastern Europe

The ruling class of America decides "IF" and "WHEN"  anyone o goes to war. Not Trump. Who is going to stop them from further exercising their global hegemony?

so out with the conspiracy theories... Well you will be at home with Donald. He is a agreat fan - and beleiver - in conspiracy theories. Vaccines, 911, Birther and probably moon-landings and perhaps even a flat-earther.

It's not a conspiracy theory. She's right.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:29pm

AuntieM wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 10:57am:
longweekend58 wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 8:50am:
AuntieM wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 8:33am:
You really need to get your news from someone other than Colbert...

Wrong again.

I am attaching a link to the full transcript of the interview with The Times. Trump was talking about signing off on orders regarding borders immediately...then qualified that he wasn't going to be initiating any orders until Monday, due to the Inaugural Weekend schedule.

"People don’t want to have other people coming in and destroying their country and you know in this country we’re gonna go very strong borders from the day I get in. One of the first orders I’m gonna sign – day one – which I will consider to be Monday as opposed to Friday or Saturday. Right? I mean my day one is gonna be Monday because I don’t want to be signing and get it mixed up with lots of celebration, but one of the first orders we’re gonna be signing is gonna be strong borders."

Later, he answered this question:
"How is being president going to change how you operate?"

"Ya know this is a very, very big change — I led a very nice life and ya know successful and good and nice and this is a lot different — but ya know my attitude on that is when you’re president, you’re in the White House which is a very special place — you’re there for a limited period of time — who wants to leave? Like I’ve liked President Obama, he’s been very nice, yeah he’s been nice one on one, but maybe not so nice in other ways — but who wants to leave the White House to go to some other place and be away on a vacation? The White House is very special, there’s so much work to be done, I’m not gonna be leaving much — I mean a lot of work to be done — I’m gonna be in there working, doing what I’m supposed to be doing — but who wants to leave the White House?"
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/full-transcript-of-interview-with-donald-trump...

I wish that instead of quoting Trtump verbatim, the journos could just turn it into proper speech. The man seems incapable of communicating succintly and articulately.

I still go for my prediction of a Russian Invasion. Putin and Trump are good mates. His Secretary of State has major business interest in Russia and Trump hates NATO.  Trump might as well ring up Putin and INVITE him to invade.

I'm one of the 94% of Americans who don't trust the media. I would be absolutely delighted if the pundits and infotainment celebrities were sacked and replaced with transcriptionists.

I don't want idiots "interpreting" my politicians. I'm just fine with hearing from the horses asses, directly.

I would agree that we could do with less opinion and more hard-cold fact. But how does that translate to being 'untrustworthy'?   My concern is that while fake news has suddenly become a serious problem, an even bigger problem is that a lot of people inherently trust unreliable sources and news items that are clearly false. They do this because they don't 'trust' the main stream media.

So instead of chosing to use their brains and keep their minds open when reading the media, they choose to throw it all away and replace it with utter garbage and clear lies all because it suits their beliefs.

Some fool shoots up a restaurant because he read that it was being used as a front for Clintons child-sex ring. How many other more ons believed it and just didnt act.  the entire Trump campaign was founded on lies and fake news and 60million people swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Do I trust the media to be unbiased? absolutely not. Do I beleive they lie? no i dont. Do I trust infowars? not for a moment. Do they lie? only every time they publish

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:31pm

AuntieM wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 10:58am:
its not a question of IF but WHEN. The old KGB is back in charge via Putin and only NATO and the USA stand in the way with a Russian invasion of Eastern Europe

The ruling class of America decides "IF" and "WHEN"  anyone o goes to war. Not Trump. Who is going to stop them from further exercising their global hegemony?

so out with the conspiracy theories... Well you will be at home with Donald. He is a agreat fan - and beleiver - in conspiracy theories. Vaccines, 911, Birther and probably moon-landings and perhaps even a flat-earther.

And once again, a little evidence would be nice other than firm belief.

While you choose to distrust media with their legal obligations and penalties, their journos and resources, you choose instead to trust a basement website run by people who cant get jobs.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #18 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:31pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:29pm:

Wrong again.

I am attaching a link to the full transcript of the interview with The Times. Trump was talking about signing off on orders regarding borders immediately...then qualified that he wasn't going to be initiating any orders until Monday, due to the Inaugural Weekend schedule.

"People don’t want to have other people coming in and destroying their country and you know in this country we’re gonna go very strong borders from the day I get in. One of the first orders I’m gonna sign – day one – which I will consider to be Monday as opposed to Friday or Saturday. Right? I mean my day one is gonna be Monday because I don’t want to be signing and get it mixed up with lots of celebration, but one of the first orders we’re gonna be signing is gonna be strong borders."

"Ya know this is a very, very big change — I led a very nice life and ya know successful and good and nice and this is a lot different — but ya know my attitude on that is when you’re president, you’re in the White House which is a very special place — you’re there for a limited period of time — who wants to leave? Like I’ve liked President Obama, he’s been very nice, yeah he’s been nice one on one, but maybe not so nice in other ways — but who wants to leave the White House to go to some other place and be away on a vacation? The White House is very special, there’s so much work to be done, I’m not gonna be leaving much — I mean a lot of work to be done — I’m gonna be in there working, doing what I’m supposed to be doing — but who wants to leave the White House?"
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/full-transcript-of-interview-with-donald-trump...

I wish that instead of quoting Trtump verbatim, the journos could just turn it into proper speech. The man seems incapable of communicating succintly and articulately.

I still go for my prediction of a Russian Invasion. Putin and Trump are good mates. His Secretary of State has major business interest in Russia and Trump hates NATO.  Trump might as well ring up Putin and INVITE him to invade.

I'm one of the 94% of Americans who don't trust the media. I would be absolutely delighted if the pundits and infotainment celebrities were sacked and replaced with transcriptionists.

I don't want idiots "interpreting" my politicians. I'm just fine with hearing from the horses asses, directly.

I would agree that we could do with less opinion and more hard-cold fact. But how does that translate to being 'untrustworthy'?   My concern is that while fake news has suddenly become a serious problem, an even bigger problem is that a lot of people inherently trust unreliable sources and news items that are clearly false. They do this because they don't 'trust' the main stream media.

So instead of chosing to use their brains and keep their minds open when reading the media, they choose to throw it all away and replace it with utter garbage and clear lies all because it suits their beliefs.

Some fool shoots up a restaurant because he read that it was being used as a front for Clintons child-sex ring. How many other nice people believed it and just didnt act.  the entire Trump campaign was founded on lies and fake news and 60million people swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Do I trust the media to be unbiased? absolutely not. Do I beleive they lie? no i dont. Do I trust infowars? not for a moment. Do they lie? only every time they publish

Could not have said it any better myself.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

AuntieM

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:42pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:31pm:

While you choose to distrust media with their legal obligations and penalties, their journos and resources, you choose instead to trust a basement website run by people who cant get jobs.

And again, you are full of horseshit.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:44pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:31pm:

Wrong again.

Some fool shoots up a restaurant because he read that it was being used as a front for Clintons child-sex ring. How many other nice people believed it and just didnt act.  the entire Trump campaign was founded on lies and fake news and 60million people swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Thanks bojack.  I am actually deeply concerned that there are growing numbers of people who happily refute anything in the real media while gullibly swallowing any garbage they read on the internet. How do you ever discuss and debate a question with anyone if the source of information is limited to 'what I read on the internet'.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #21 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:45pm

Quote:
When will Russia invade Eastern Europe?

Probably not till Donny sends some troops over to help them out.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:46pm

AuntieM wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:42pm:

If you want to prove me wrong then make an actual case with actual facts. But no, you wont. You will just jump up and down and scream louder hoping that the volume of your rant will somehow make your case proven.

ONE FACT debunks a thousand beliefs. Or at least it used to. Now, in the mind of the ignorant and gullible, ONE BELIEF trumps any fact. And yes, the pun was deliberate.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:47pm

Dnarever wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:45pm:
Quote:
When will Russia invade Eastern Europe?

Probably not till Donny sends some troops over to help them out.

Help the russians? That makes sense. Eastern Europe needs some more Trump Hotels.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #24 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:47pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:44pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:31pm:

Wrong again.

Thanks bojack.  I am actually deeply concerned that there are growing numbers of people who happily refute anything in the real media while gullibly swallowing any garbage they read on the internet. How do you ever discuss and debate a question with anyone if the source of information is limited to 'what I read on the internet'.

There are a range of websites that when quoted I instantly now its BS, because the site is renowned for pedlling that nonsense. Infowars is one, natural news is another.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

AuntieM

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:48pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:46pm:

If you want to prove me wrong then make an actual case with actual facts. But no, you wont. You will just jump up and down and scream louder hoping that the volume of your rant will somehow make your case proven.

ONE FACT debunks a thousand beliefs. Or at least it used to. Now, in the mind of the ignorant and gullible, ONE BELIEF trumps any fact. And yes, the pun was deliberate.

God you are a buggerwit. Your problem, not mine.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 3:00pm

AuntieM wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:48pm:

God you are a buggerwit. Your problem, not mine.

Oh, it is definitely YOUR problem. If you cannot support your beliefs without at least some evidence then you are essentially confirming that it is bogus.  Why wont you at least try and support your beleif? All you have done is make a single sentence statement and then think that it is all you have to say for it to be accepted as truth. You have no idea!

IP Logged

AuntieM

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 10:03pm

You are a delusional partisan buggerwit. Stop projecting your ignorance onto me. Thank you. I -- and clearly not you -- take my news from a wide variety of sources and doubt any conclusion some hack tries to lead me to. 

You can use straw men all you want, but it doesn't con anyone. You're a twit.

I don't have to provide you with anything.

Bugger off.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #28 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 11:02pm

When will Russia invade Eastern Europe? Never if it doesn't fall to Islam.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #29 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:40am

Russia has already invaded Ukraine and Crimea. Don't you listen to MSM? LOL!

Furthermore if Russia wanted to expand its territory why did it withdraw from Georgia? Huh!

If any of you wants to read truthful reporting you should go to Paul Craig Roberts website.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/01/14/what-obama-means-by-the-russian-threat/

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print