Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Send Topic Print
Invasion Day and Terra Nullius (Read 24317 times)
it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Re: Invasion Day and Terra Nullius
Reply #30 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 10:30am

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 12:39pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 2:55pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 2:45pm:
... London is full of Negroes everywhere you look from Croydon to Finchley Park - prompting some to pull up stakes and take refuge in Australia.

Suck it up Herr Bert.

Why didn't you?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:10pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 12:39pm:
... London is full of Negroes everywhere you look from Croydon to Finchley Park - prompting some to pull up stakes and take refuge in Australia.

Suck it up Herr Bert.

Why didn't you?
he forgot his straw. probably left it at his last party plan felching demonstration.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #33 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:21pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 12:39pm:

Suck it up Herr Bert.

Why didn't you?

Herr Bert got on a boat and sought refuge in Australia.

Is Herr Bert preparing to flee again?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:43pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:21pm:

Feeble.

Couldn't take them Yardies and Nigerians any more, huh?  Grin

Saw a migration ad in the Daily Mail with a photo of Bondi Beach paved with nothing but white-assed honkies and thought "bugger these Sambos! - I'm off to join a white ghetto in Australia!"

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #35 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:45pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:43pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:21pm:

Feeble.

Couldn't take them Yardies and Nigerians any more, huh?  Grin

Saw a migration ad in the Daily Mail with a photo of Bondi Beach paved with nothing but white-assed honkies and thought "bugger these Sambos! - I'm off to join a white ghetto in Australia!"

If we give you your GBP 10 back, will you return to UK?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 2:16pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:45pm:

I came FREE.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 2:32pm

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #38 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 2:43pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 2:16pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:45pm:

I came FREE.

Herr Bert's opportunity to make GBP 10 profit.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2017 at 3:08pm by Unforgiven »  

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #39 - Jan 22nd, 2017 at 10:26pm

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 7:45am

Thank you for the photos, Light - keep them coming.

They are a graphic and contemporary reminder of how appalling their circumstances were in terms of poverty as compared to today with them now living in one of the richest nations on the planet.

There have been, er, certain 'discrepancies' of an unfortunate nature, no doubt, but as Julia Gillard so often said : "We're looking FORWARD now ... looking forward ... forward ... we're not going to dwell on the past".

link

Looking forward now.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #41 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:04am

the fact is terra nullius was a lie

a lie built from a foundation of deceit

Quote:
Terra nullius

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see No Man's Land (disambiguation).
Terra nullius (/ˈtɛrə.nʌˈlaɪəs/, plural terrae nullius) is a Latin expression deriving from Roman law meaning "nobody's land",[1] which is used in international law to describe territory which has never been subject to the sovereignty of any state, or over which any prior sovereign has expressly or implicitly relinquished sovereignty. Sovereignty over territory which is terra nullius may be acquired through occupation,[2] (see reception statute) though in some cases doing so would violate an international law or treaty.

the fact is this was and still is indigenous land .

the lie of " settlement " is exposed

Quote:
Australia
[edit]
Indigenous Australians had inhabited Australia for over 50,000 years before European settlement, which commenced in 1788. Indigenous customs, rituals and laws were unwritten and their social and political organization was unknown or understood by Europeans as being analogous to their own institutions, and the British could not find recognised leaders with whom they could sign treaties.

The first test of terra nullius in Australia occurred with the decision of R v Tommy (Monitor, 29 November 1827), which indicated that the native inhabitants were only subject to English law where the incident concerned both natives and settlers. The rationale was that Aboriginal tribal groups already operated under their own legal systems. This position was further reinforced by the decisions of R v Boatman or Jackass and Bulleyes (Sydney Gazette, 25 February 1832) and R v Ballard (Sydney Gazette, 23 April 1829).

Prompted by Batman's Treaty (June 1835) with Wurundjeri elders of the area around the future Melbourne, in August 1835, Governor Bourke of New South Wales indicated the significance of the doctrine of terra nullius by a Proclamation that Batman's so-called treaty was null and void because Indigenous Australians could not sell or assign land, nor could an individual person or group acquire it, other than through distribution by the Crown.[3]

The first decision of the New South Wales Supreme Court to make explicit use of the term terra nullius was R v Murrell and Bummaree (unreported, New South Wales Supreme Court, 11 April 1836, Burton J). Terra nullius was not endorsed by the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council until the decision of Cooper v Stuart in 1889, some fifty-three years later.[4]

In 1971, in the controversial case of Milirrpum v Nabalco Pty Ltd, popularly known as the Gove land rights case, Justice Richard Blackburn ruled that Australia had been considered "desert and uncultivated" (a term which included territory in which resided "uncivilized inhabitants in a primitive state of society") before European settlement, and therefore, by the law that applied at the time, open to be claimed by right of occupancy, and that there was no such thing as native title in Australian law. The concept of terra nullius was not considered in this case, however.[5] Court cases in 1977, 1979, and 1982 – brought by or on behalf of Aboriginal activists – challenged Australian sovereignty on the grounds that terra nullius had been improperly applied, therefore Aboriginal sovereignty should still be regarded as being intact. The courts rejected these cases, but the Australian High Court left the door open for a reassessment of whether the continent should be considered "settled" or "conquered". Later, on 1 February 2014, the traditional owners of land on Badu Island received freehold title to 10,000 hectare in an act of the Queensland Government.[6]

In 1982, Eddie Mabo and four other Torres Strait Islanders from Mer (Murray Island) started legal proceedings to establish their traditional land ownership. This led to Mabo v Queensland (No 1). In 1992, after ten years of hearings before the Queensland Supreme Court and the High Court of Australia, the latter court found that the Mer people had owned their land prior to annexation by Queensland.[7] The ruling thus had far-reaching significance for the land claims of both Torres Strait Islanders and other Indigenous Australians.

The controversy over Australian land ownership has erupted into the so-called "History wars." Historian Michael Connor, in his critique of the legal fiction, has claimed that the concept of terra nullius was a straw man developed in the late 20th century:

By the time of Mabo in 1992, terra nullius was the only explanation for the British settlement of Australia. Historians, more interested in politics than archives, misled the legal profession into believing that a phrase no one had heard of a few years before was the very basis of our statehood, and Reynolds' version of our history, especially The Law of the Land, underpinned the Mabo judges' decision-making.[8]

There is some controversy as to the meaning of the term. For example, it is asserted that, rather than implying mere emptiness, terra nullius can be interpreted as an absence of civilized society. English common law of the 18th century allowed for the legal settlement of "uninhabited or barbarous country".[9]

the sovereign people recognized

the theft of this land is observed

namaste

« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:10am by it_is_the_light »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:17am

We're looking FORWARD now, Light ... forward ... into the future. No turning to look over our shoulder like Lot's wife did.

'The narrative of Lot's wife begins in Genesis 19 after two angels arrived in Sodom, at eventide, and were invited to spend the night at Lot's home. As dawn was breaking, Lot's visiting angels urged him to get his family and flee, so as to avoid being caught in the impending disaster for the iniquity of the city. Lot delayed, so the angels took hold of his hand, his wife's hand and his daughters and brought them out of the city. The command was given, "Flee for your life! Do not look behind you, nor stop anywhere in the Plain; flee to the hills, lest you be swept away."[1]:465 Lot objected to the idea of fleeing to the hills and requested safe haven at a little town nearby. The request was granted and the town became known as Zoar. Traveling behind her husband, Lot's wife looked back, and became a pillar of salt.[1]:466

Cool

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:25am

It only requires that the aborigines join the rest of us to build meaningful lives for themselves to then be numbered among the most privileged people in the world.

Why aren't they doing this, Light?

The "poor-me!" victimhood act is hurting nobody but themselves and their future generations.

There isn't a migrant community in Australia who doesn't believe the Abo Victimhood Industry isn't a ploy to avoid having to work for a living just like millions of immigrants have arrived here to do.

Old saying:

'"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger.[1"   

I wuz robbed too, Light. When I had only peanuts in the bank someone broke into my house and took what little I had. I haven't spent the rest of my life trying to capitalise on this unfortunate and unfair event.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #44 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:35am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:17am:
We're looking FORWARD now, Light ... forward ... into the future. No turning to look over our shoulder like Lot's wife did.

'The narrative of Lot's wife begins in Genesis 19 after two angels arrived in Sodom, at eventide, and were invited to spend the night at Lot's home. As dawn was breaking, Lot's visiting angels urged him to get his family and flee, so as to avoid being caught in the impending disaster for the iniquity of the city. Lot delayed, so the angels took hold of his hand, his wife's hand and his daughters and brought them out of the city. The command was given, "Flee for your life! Do not look behind you, nor stop anywhere in the Plain; flee to the hills, lest you be swept away."[1]:465 Lot objected to the idea of fleeing to the hills and requested safe haven at a little town nearby. The request was granted and the town became known as Zoar. Traveling behind her husband, Lot's wife looked back, and became a pillar of salt.[1]:466

Cool

Quote:
Leviticus 19:11 ESV /
“You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Send Topic Print