Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
They're marching in Sydney against Trump ... (Read 4984 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: They're marching in Sydney against Trump ...
Reply #45 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:24am

Marla wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:06am:
Of course, Mr Trump's domestic policies won't directly affect Australians...

Think again.

Apparently Australia isn't ready to face how insane Trump is.

You think with all the Australians living in America illegally won't be sent packing? Too bad Trump can't deport Keith Urban.

As long as Trump kicks out all the snobby limeys illegally living in L.A., San Fran, and New York. I can live with that.

Cor blimey - not the limeys?

For Marlene's information:

' In the 1980 United States Census, over 49 million (49,598,035) Americans claimed English ancestry, at the time around 26.34% of the total population and largest reported group which, even today, would make them the largest ethnic group in the United States.

Eight out of the ten most common surnames in the United States are of English origin or having possible mixed British Isles heritage, the other two being of Spanish origin.

The overwhelming majority of the Founding Fathers of the United States of America were of English extraction, including Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, James Madison[15] and Thomas Jefferson (however Jefferson's father was of immigrant parents said to have come from the Snowdonia district of northern Wales.

In 1982, an opinion poll showed respondents a card listing a number of ethnic groups and asked, "Thinking both of what they have contributed to this country and have gotten from this country, for each one tell me whether you think, on balance, they've been a good or a bad thing for this country." The English were the top ethnic group, with 66% saying they were a good thing for the United States, followed by the Irish at 62%.

... ...

link

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:25am

John Smith wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:09am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 17th, 2017 at 4:16pm:
I was making a point.

but we already knew you were a hypocrite.

Indeed.

Hammer's point was:

- burning US flag = bad, and punishable by death.

- burning Aboriginal flag = just a bit of fun; don't worry about it.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #47 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:37am

In 1982, an opinion poll showed respondents a card listing a number of ethnic groups and asked, "Thinking both of what they have contributed to this country and have gotten from this country, for each one tell me whether you think, on balance, they've been a good or a bad thing for this country." The English were the top ethnic group, with 66% saying they were a good thing for the United States, followed by the Irish at 62%.

Why do you suppose this is, Marla?

That the Poms are the most valued demographic in the USA?

Why do 66% of your neighbours think the Brits deserve Top Billing as America's finest-and-best immigrants?

Hmmm ... ?

(You can put that bong down for a moment while you're answering this).

WHY the general adoration of the British amongst 66% of your fellow compatriots, Marla?

If I holidayed in the US would I be mobbed by an adoring crowd if I wore the British flag as a T-Shirt?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #48 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:39am

You can run but you can't HIDE, Marla-from-Colorada.

Answer the questions!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #49 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:44am

The only ones I could see marching against Trump are the lackeys of the 'global economy'... all those fine-suited gentlemen and women striding shoulder to shoulder and demanding that he cease putting up walls to their profiteering...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:45am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 17th, 2017 at 2:00pm:
"They're marching in Sydney against Trump ... "

Excellent.

I hope they burn a few flags.

I'd rather they turned a few fags.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:49am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 17th, 2017 at 3:35pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 17th, 2017 at 2:03pm:
Imagine how these hipsters would go on if you burnt a rainbow or abbo flag??

What would be the purpose of burning a rainbow or aboriginal flag?

A sociological experiment to see if Equality is all it is claimed to be.......... I'm looking forward to Rejection of Immigrants Day on 26th January..... the day the locals fought to oppose the landing of poor prisoners tied up in ships for six months on starvation rations in deadly conditions... it was a war, bro... they invaded them convicts....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:07am

Every Australia Day, those aborigines who are still pissed off that the Brits arrived, should forsake using, or eating, or having anything to do with the goodies they now enjoy as a result of that 'invasion'.

As a protest.

And as a demonstration of their sincerity.

Remove themselves to the local parks and spend 24 hours totally without a single item or convenience that Australia now enjoys as a result of the British occupation.

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:30am

Marla wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:06am:
Of course, Mr Trump's domestic policies won't directly affect Australians...

Think again.

Apparently Australia isn't ready to face how insane Trump is.

You think with all the Australians living in America illegally won't be sent packing? Too bad Trump can't deport Keith Urban.

As long as Trump kicks out all the snobby limeys illegally living in L.A., San Fran, and New York. I can live with that.

The more I SEE of the bed wetting children on SKY CNN
the lower my expectations of the once GREAT COUNTRY

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:49am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:07am:
Every Australia Day, those aborigines who are still pissed off that the Brits arrived, should forsake using, or eating, or having anything to do with the goodies they now enjoy as a result of that 'invasion'.

As a protest.

Remove themselves to the local parks and spend 24 hours totally without a single item or convenience that Australia now enjoys as a result of the British occupation.

A lot of them do that every day of the year, Herr Bert - not just on Invasion Day.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #55 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:55am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:49am:

As a protest.

A lot of them do that every day of the year, Herr Bert - not just on Invasion Day.

Yeah, Im calling bullsh1t straight up.

It has been a fkken long time since any abo has gone without any modern convenience of some sort or another.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:09pm

ANSWER THE QUESTION Marla from out the back of the parlour!

Angry

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:20pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:55am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:49am:

As a protest.

Yeah, Im calling bullsh1t straight up.

Yeah, I'm not really concerned with what you think.

If you'd like to visit the public parks in Guildford (WA) though, you'll see I'm right.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #58 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:25pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 10:37am:
Why do 66% of your neighbours think the Brits deserve Top Billing as America's finest-and-best immigrants?

Hmmm ... ?

(You can put that bong down for a moment while you're answering this).

WHY the general adoration of the British amongst 66% of your fellow compatriots, Marla?

If I holidayed in the US would I be mobbed by an adoring crowd if I wore the British flag as a T-Shirt?

I find the British to be rather annoying.

Aussies I can handle. The ones I met rarely complain so they can stay. You hear me, Trump?

Limeys are the whiners of the world. They bitch, moan, bitch, and moan and then bitch some more about every.god.damn.thing.

Not that YOU would ever understand that, Herbie.

If Trump sends them home I may recant everything I ever said about the Kremlin Carrot.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:28pm

Marla wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:25pm:
I find the British to be rather annoying.

Aussies I can handle. The ones I met rarely complain so they can stay. You hear me, Trump?

Limeys are the whiners of the world. They bitch, moan, bitch, and moan and then bitch some more about every.god.damn.thing.

Not that YOU would ever understand that, Herbie.

If Trump sends them home I may recant everything I ever said about the Kremlin Carrot.

Embarrassed

... but .... but ....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print