Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bans (Read 903 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Bans
Jan 15th, 2017 at 10:39pm

How else will you know FD if you are not told.

Link.

I had been banned from the Forum from about 8.00 pm Friday night.  I had no idea why, and those I could contact elsewhere also could see no reason.

So, I tried to log in at various times to see if the ban had elapsed, and it had not.

Then, I saw, tonight, the Thread I just linked, and the comments of Setanta.  So, I tried to log in as Aussie....still banned.  Then, tried to log in as Mod (risky if I was genuinely under a ban...but I was trusting Setanta) and obviously got in.

One of your GMods banned me by banning the email address Aussie used to register, and also, given the (falsely based) arsekicking I got from Setanta when I saw my Mod. PMs, they also locked the Dear Dorothy Thread in Relationships. 

There were two GMods present at the Forum just before I was banned,  Big Vic and Hicks.

I know where I'd bet my money, but this is for you to resolve.

None of that happens
without someone pushing buttons. 

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Re: Bans
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 4:47am

i noticed your absence if that makes you feel better. there was something different in the air that alerted me, or rather a lack of something i have grown accustomed to, much like living near a factory that emits sulphur gas and one day you realise the plant has been shut down that this is what fresh air is like ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 5:52am

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 7:34am

I believe it may have been me on my IPad.     I was querying the IP address of another member and used Aussies IP as a comparison.  I think when I copied the IP I may have extended the top of the copy box to include the "ban this email" writing which is in brackets just above the IP address.   I think when I pressed "enter" the address copied to the clipboard but may have inadvertantly triggered the ban email address function.  I did not realise this also suspended the user!

I think this is what may have caused the issue and if it was I apologise to Aussie for my mistake.    Copying and pasting small bist of information  on an IPad is perilous at most times but deadly with phat fingers.  Once again - if that caused the issue I apologise.   
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2017 at 7:50am by Vic »  

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 8:06am

Vic wrote on Jan 16th, 2017 at 7:34am:
I believe it may have been me on my IPad.     I was querying the IP address of another member and used Aussies IP as a comparison.  I think when I copied the IP I may have extended the top of the copy box to include the "ban this email" writing which is in brackets just above the IP address.   I think when I pressed "enter" the address copied to the clipboard but may have inadvertantly triggered the ban email address function.  I did not realise this also suspended the user!

I think this is what may have caused the issue and if it was I apologise to Aussie for my mistake.    Copying and pasting small bist of information  on an IPad is perilous at most times but deadly with phat fingers.  Once again - if that caused the issue I apologise.   

This is all sounding very sinister...

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 10:52am

Non issue.
End of thread. This isn't the purpose of feedback.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print