Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by.... (Read 16060 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by....
Reply #60 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 4:43am

I believe you missed the point, honest people everywhere deserve all the tools needed to survive. An honest persons life is  more valuable than a criminals.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #61 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 2:41pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 4:43am:
I believe you missed the point, honest people everywhere deserve all the tools needed to survive. An honest persons life is  more valuable than a criminals.

According to whom?  You and your Wild West mentality?  Sorry, Mort, you have no idea whether that "criminal" you're about to shoot and kill might not be the next Einstein or Pasteur who has been driven to crime by desperation.   Why not simply capture them and hand them over to the Police for the judicial system to judge them?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #62 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 3:46pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 2:41pm:

According to whom?  You and your Wild West mentality?  Sorry, Mort, you have no idea whether that "criminal" you're about to shoot and kill might not be the next Einstein or Pasteur who has been driven to crime by desperation.   Why not simply capture them and hand them over to the Police for the judicial system to judge them?    Roll Eyes

That jeezus done rotted your brain.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Not one bit of what you wrote is even remotely worth trying to counter with a decent cogent reply.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 4:29pm

According to whom?  You and your Wild West mentality?  Sorry, Mort, you have no idea whether that "criminal" you're about to shoot.....

The retarded hoplophobe showing his idiocy again, must be another slow day in your forum bwian.

The Homicide rate was lower in the Wild West days. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #64 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 6:27pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 4:29pm:
According to whom?  You and your Wild West mentality?  Sorry, Mort, you have no idea whether that "criminal" you're about to shoot.....

The retarded hoplophobe showing his idiocy again, must be another slow day in your forum bwian.

The Homicide rate was lower in the Wild West days. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://www.i.imgur.com/Ayj53JB.jpg

Lower population suggest a lower chance to kill people, Baron.  I wonder how the Native Americans seemed to end up considerably reduced in their population?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

kemal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 7:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 6:27pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 4:29pm:

http://www.i.imgur.com/Ayj53JB.jpg

Lower population suggest a lower chance to kill people, Baron.  I wonder how the Native Americans seemed to end up considerably reduced in their population?   Roll Eyes

Why dont you run off and find out why for your ignorant self!

I already know why.

Brian Ross on why Muslims kill Quote:-" It appears to be a cultural thing, rather than something they have learnt from their religion, despite what you appear to believe."

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #66 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 11:14pm

I am open to any information you can furnish. When has a thief and murderer ever turned his life around and become the "next Einstein or Pasteur".  People don't turn to crime out of desperation, honest labor just doesn't produce the rush or income they seek.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #67 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 11:23pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 11:14pm:

I am open to any information you can furnish. When has a thief and murderer ever turned his life around and become the "next Einstein or Pasteur".  People don't turn to crime out of desperation, honest labor just doesn't produce the rush or income they seek.

I come from a nation which disproves your point, Mort. Australia was founded on the basis of the possibility of reforming criminals and it basically worked.   Try again.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #68 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 11:44pm

That one is easy, England had debtors prison. If you owe money and can't pay off to jail you went. If you were caught killing wild game to eat you were sent to prison because the King owned all the wild animals in the Kingdom. I would imagine the majority of convicts sent to Australia were good people who were poor, the Crown dealt with their poor by exporting them!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #69 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 12:37am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 11:44pm:
That one is easy, England had debtors prison. If you owe money and can't pay off to jail you went. If you were caught killing wild game to eat you were sent to prison because the King owned all the wild animals in the Kingdom. I would imagine the majority of convicts sent to Australia were good people who were poor, the Crown dealt with their poor by exporting them! 

Ah, you're such a romantic, Mort.   Roll Eyes

In reality the overwhelming majority of Convicts transported to Australia were recidivists.   As the main punishments were either death, confinement to the Hulks or transportation, I rather think that most of the Convicts came off pretty well, being sent to here, Mort.   As a friend who had recently migrated to Oz from Ireland at the height of the GFC said, he now realised why so few people ever went back from downunder.   The climate, the people, the food, the booze, all wonders of delight.   Australia is the best example of reform that I know of, Mort.  Crime is low, the living is easy and we have the best beaches in the world.   Admittedly, you need to get used to the wildlife.    Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print