Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Blue Mountains City Council crucifies Anzac Day (Read 7713 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Re: Blue Mountains City Council crucifies Anzac Day
Reply #165 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 6:01pm

There is no formula for peace in the Middle East. As long as there are tribes in the Middle East there will be wars

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 6:38pm

red baron wrote on Jan 16th, 2017 at 6:01pm:
There is no formula for peace in the Middle East. As long as there are tribes in the Middle East there will be wars

There are currently wars in Europe and Africa, Red. There are also conflicts in South America and Asia.

There is no formula for any of it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #167 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 9:36pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 5:03pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:08am:
red baron wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 10:54am:
Tell me Karnal in that post from the Mechanic about Muslim Terrorists. What part do you disagree with?

He is all for getting rid of Muslim extremists from this Country and so the bloody hell am I

Endless blithering and ANZAC day marches don't cut the mustard.

There are more war heroes in Australia than there were acts of heroism.

That's where you're wrong - none of the real ones claim to be heroes and none want to be seen as such.  All they expect is the right to hold a long-standing commemorative day in peace and without stupid interference.

Spot on Grappler, and I can assure you my Old Man (now deceased) did not give a rat's flying fug about ANZAC day other than to remember his mates who died (one shot through the head while Dad was right beside him.)  He did that at home.  Needed no RSL or any Parade.

Still, my Brigadier Elder Brother arranged for the RSL to do their thing at the Funeral, and that is what they ought be about.

No need for the Big Parade although I always watch it and my Dad would do anything except watch it or be there in person.

He did his stuff in private, even in War.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #168 - Jan 17th, 2017 at 9:22am

Aussie wrote on Jan 16th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 5:03pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:08am:
red baron wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 10:54am:
Tell me Karnal in that post from the Mechanic about Muslim Terrorists. What part do you disagree with?

He is all for getting rid of Muslim extremists from this Country and so the bloody hell am I

Endless blithering and ANZAC day marches don't cut the mustard.

There are more war heroes in Australia than there were acts of heroism.

That's where you're wrong - none of the real ones claim to be heroes and none want to be seen as such.  All they expect is the right to hold a long-standing commemorative day in peace and without stupid interference.

Spot on Grappler, and I can assure you my Old Man (now deceased) did not give a rat's flying fug about ANZAC day other than to remember his mates who died (one shot through the head while Dad was right beside him.)  He did that at home.  Needed no RSL or any Parade.

Still, my Brigadier Elder Brother arranged for the RSL to do their thing at the Funeral, and that is what they ought be about.

No need for the Big Parade although I always watch it and my Dad would do anything except watch it or be there in person.

He did his stuff in private, even in War.

But if he wanted to participate in formal commemorations you would support that, wouldn't you?

So if returned, ex and current service men and women want to conduct formal commemorations on ANZAC day then so be it. No further input needed.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #169 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 1:19pm

Wars are funny things aren't they. The ones who were your mortal enemies years later turn out to be Best Friend Forever.

Now we are getting into bed with the Japanese.

Call me old fashioned but do we really need a pact with the Nips?

And..why are we getting all hot and bothered over China's exploits in the South China Sea?

That area has been disputed since Noah was a boy.

Our leaders should think long and hard before sending our Navy to the South China sea to defend whomever is the flavour of the month.

Look after our own backyard, it's big enough.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print