Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Blue Mountains City Council crucifies Anzac Day (Read 7772 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains City Council crucifies Anzac Day
Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:21pm

An announcement has come that reeks of fear, cowardice and surrender. That announcement is that there will be no Anzac Day Marches in the villages of Katoomba, Blackheath, Springwood and Glenbrook this year in the Blue Mountains. The reason stated is that the money can't be found to place water filled barriers at these venues. And..the reason for that comes from a fear that what happened in Nice France could happen here. Barely a nod has been given to the honour bestowed on veterans in remembrance of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for their Country. Those responsible can be included from Federal Government, State Government and Local Council. Already the argy bargy has begun as to whom should pay for water filled barriers in case some maniac tries on what happened in Nice. To be even considering the cancellation of a single Anzac March is to spit in the face of every serviceman and service woman who has ever pulled on a uniform. In particular it dishonours the countless thousands who have given the ultimate sacrifice of their lives for their Country. And Politicians argue about who is going to pay for water filled barriers. They should all hang their bloody heads in shame for this act of ultimate cowardice, they would rather run and hide from a possible threat rather than meet it head on.
I call on all people whether service oriented or not to take up the call and harangue politicians and news outlets in every form and howl outrage at this sickening act of capitulation.
It reminds of Neville Chamberlain's disgraceful capitulation to the Nazis when he waved his paper and yelled "peace in our time'. The next day the Nazis invaded Poland.
These gutless Politicians need to be reminded and reminded big time, just what the Australian spirit is all about.
And it isn't about cancelling Anzac Day Services. It is about upholding the long tradition of honouring those who gave their lives and those who fought and bled for their Country.
Please...please take up your pens and your computers and give it to them.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:32pm by red baron »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Blue Mountains City Council crucifies Anzac Day
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:26pm

That part of the blue mountains in infested with leftards. That would explain it.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:30pm

Not all leftard Mr Hammer. Mayor Mark Greenhill is a dog with fleas and and so far left he is off screen...he is part of the problem. He'll spend $130,000 to protest against an airport at Badgerys Creek but not the money to buy water filled barriers in this fear infested gutless Blue Mountains City Council.

They will hear the fury of the ex serviceman's anger in the halls of Canberra and beyond

IP Logged

WN

The 14 words

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:45pm

Maybe more people are simply waking up to the truth:

https://www.facebook.com/Diggers-are-Dole-Bludgers-1396071514053238/

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:46pm

ANZAC day is a glorification of war.

It's an anachronism for old fogies like Red Baron who only get an erection once a year.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 3:22pm

Unforgiven...you would be writing your post in freaking Japanese if it wasn't for those brave souls who fought for our Country all those years ago.

You mindless, gutless ingrate you have no respect for those who gave their lives so that you can live in freedom and speak freely on forums just such as this

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 3:54pm

red baron wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 3:22pm:
Unforgiven...you would be writing your post in freaking Japanese if it wasn't for those brave souls who fought for our Country all those years ago.

Why?  Japan never had any intentions to invade Australia, Red.   

Quote:
You mindless, gutless ingrate you have no respect for those who gave their lives so that you can live in freedom and speak freely on forums just such as this

Temper, temper!  Why get so upset about someone stating their opinion.  Afterall, that is ultimately why we fight wars - to ensure that we enjoy the freedom to voice our opinion, no matter how unpalatable it might be to a traditionalist like yourself.   Those lives were given so us, as a nation could make our own minds up about our future.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 4:02pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:46pm:
ANZAC day is a glorification of war.

It's an anachronism for old fogies like Red Baron who only get an erection once a year.

You're a special kind of insane fkkwit, aren't you?    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Stick to eating crayons, leave the adult conversations to the adults.

« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2017 at 4:08pm by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

WN

The 14 words

Reply #8 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 4:05pm

We will be using arabic soon, the diggers fought for nothing in the end. This country is a cesspool of filth.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 4:26pm

He's posting from either Shanghai or Guangzhou, he's irrelevant.

IBI

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #10 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:26pm

I reserve my respect for those who prevent conflict.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 3:54pm:

Why?  Japan never had any intentions to invade Australia, Red.   

Quote:

Temper, temper!  Why get so upset about someone stating their opinion.  Afterall, that is ultimately why we fight wars - to ensure that we enjoy the freedom to voice our opinion, no matter how unpalatable it might be to a traditionalist like yourself.   Those lives were given so us, as a nation could make our own minds up about our future.    Roll Eyes
Backing a bloke who insulted our war veterans. You are a traitor Brian.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:29pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:26pm:

I reserve my respect for those who prevent conflict.
When are you going back to India. Indian gutters need your faeces.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:35pm

Surely I cannot be the only OzPol Member who has (well...had) a Parent who fought in that War, and he definitely did not do it because he thought he was defending Australia.

My Old Man (a Digger) had zero sense of heroics or that he saved Australia from turning Japanese.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:38pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:35pm:
Surely I cannot be the only OzPol Member who has (well...had) a Parent who fought in that War, and he definitely did not do it because he thought he was defending Australia.

My Old Man (a Digger) had zero sense of heroics or that he saved Australia from turning Japanese.
My grandfather went to New Guinea and he thought he was. Considering you can see Australia from Port Moresby on a clear day denying the danger to Australia is ignorant.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print