Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
It's been the quietest 24 hrs on OzPol since (Read 8950 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: It's been the quietest 24 hrs on OzPol since
Reply #105 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 2:40pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Jan 14th, 2017 at 12:10pm:
Setanta wrote on Jan 14th, 2017 at 12:53am:
He wants you to be checked for what you say and you lol at him thinking you and him are brothers?

I understand moderating is a nice people of a job, but there should be some guidelines. I've never understood how one particular poster accuses others of pedophilia and gets away with it. I've never seen anything like it tolerated anywhere.

Feel free to notify me, I can't read everything.

IP Logged

AuntieM

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 8:17am

You're kidding, right? It's one of the first things a newcomer notices -- who from each side (because it isn't one-sided at all) tends to attack people with differing opinions.
The number of straw men, false dichotomies, and ad hominem attacks that fly around here is pretty noteworthy.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #107 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 8:54am

AuntieM wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 8:17am:
You're kidding, right? It's one of the first things a newcomer notices -- who from each side (because it isn't one-sided at all) tends to attack people with differing opinions.
The number of straw men, false dichotomies, and ad hominem attacks that fly around here is pretty noteworthy.

The text based nature of the Internet forum reveals what a feeble grasp of language is accepted by those who think they are educated. What is clear after only a brief time, is the chronic lack of the ability to express ideas. The composition level in many cases is grade school level, or non-existent, with no thought for the tedium they may be offering the reader. Consequently, we see a reliance on dopey, self-indulgent graphics, large fonts, and long winded harangues. Even the insults are witless.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #108 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 9:33am

I've never understood how one particular poster accuses others of pedophilia

Paedophiles are people too. Child molesters are not tolerated, however.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 10:11am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:49pm:
WN wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 2:21pm:
Is there even moderators on this board...who do sh!t like...you know....enforce the rules? After realizing what a steaming pile this place is I trolled hard thinking I'd get banned...nope.

So I trolled some more....nothing.

Then I messaged the mouth breather who apparently owns the board and asked for my account to be deleted but the spastic didn't even reply.

No wonder the joint is a total clusterf*ck Cheesy

lol

He wants you to be checked for what you say and you lol at him thinking you and him are brothers?

I understand moderating is a nice people of a job, but there should be some guidelines. I've never understood how one particular poster accuses others of pedophilia and gets away with it. I've never seen anything like it tolerated anywhere.

it isnt tolerated here either......

I havent seen it in a long time... gay yes but not paedo.....if you see it report it they will be gone.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 10:13am

AiA wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 9:33am:
I've never understood how one particular poster accuses others of pedophilia

Paedophiles are people too. Child molesters are not tolerated, however.

you might need to explain the difference AiA.....

as far as I am concerned.... a paedo is a child molester

do they have different meanings in America?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 10:30am

On Christmas holidays I was away and couldn't be bothered accessing the place and fell out of the habit, not that I posted much anyway and generally looked in on week nights.

The place is a bit boring and the constant accusations of homosexuality and supporting peadophelia if not hints of actual peadophelia are too common.

And some of the 24/7 posters really need to take a break and learn that there is a world outside. And get a job ya bums!

IP Logged

AuntieM

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:07am

The highest traffic day was January of 2015. Why?

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:23am

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 10:30am:
On Christmas holidays I was away and couldn't be bothered accessing the place and fell out of the habit, not that I posted much anyway and generally looked in on week nights.

The place is a bit boring and the constant accusations of homosexuality and supporting peadophelia if not hints of actual peadophelia are too common.

And some of the 24/7 posters really need to take a break and learn that there is a world outside. And get a job ya bums!

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:31am

AuntieM wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:07am:

I'm not going to name names - I am sure you can figure it yourself - but there are a number of posters here who are quite tiresome and continually drive threads off topic with juvenile one liners. Decent posters like Secret Wars get sick of the base "intellect" and pick up their bat and ball.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:46am

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 10:30am:

well that shows the maturity of the postere dont you think??..

I feel you are tarring everyone with the same brush...

I too get sick of the childishness... some of us dont have company all day and its nice to have someone to chat too even disagree with when its done in a well meaning fashion...

it would be nice to stop the thread busters but how??? without driving the mods bonkers...

one or two posters spend  there whole time on here repeating the same old lines usually personal...
wrecking thread after thread...it must having some satisfying feelings for them to do just that....

because no matter what you say.. they never stop...

so I dont know what the answer is  we still have FOS in this country...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:47am

Mistress Nicole wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:31am:
AuntieM wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:07am:

I'm not going to name names - I am sure you can figure it yourself - but there are a number of posters here who are quite tiresome and continually drive threads off topic with juvenile one liners. Decent posters like Secret Wars get sick of the base "intellect" and pick up their bat and ball.

I am sure every forum has posters who are QUITE TIRESOME>. dont you? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #117 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 12:14pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 14th, 2017 at 2:40pm:

No offence but you don't have to read everything.  Just open any thread when certain people are online is enough.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #118 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 12:14pm:

No offence but you don't have to read everything.  Just open any thread when certain people are online is enough.

Do I have to? You want me to be suicidal? I just see the title of some threads and think, nah, that's not for me.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #119 - Jan 15th, 2017 at 1:55pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
Black Orchid wrote on Jan 15th, 2017 at 12:14pm:

Do I have to? You want me to be suicidal? I just see the title of some threads and think, nah, that's not for me.

I look at the name of the last poster.  That's enough not to bother.

Oh, and if you point it out you are told to bugger off and you are a POS.  Charming what?

ONLY at OzPol or is that OzAbuse?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print