Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yadda you don't know you backed the right donkey (Read 1383 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Yadda you don't know you backed the right donkey
Jan 2nd, 2017 at 10:50am

"Yadda you don't know you backed the right donkey."

OR, Is there a God ?

Setanta wrote on Jan 2nd, 2017 at 12:19am:

Yadda you don't know you backed the right donkey.

You don't know if there is a donkey to back.

Walls of text will not defend your beliefs from that.

Setanta,

Maybe my purpose [in my seeking my own realisation], is not in trying to back the right 'donkey', as you put it.

Maybe i believe, in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob because 'it' has revealed 'its' love, and 'its' virtue, to my understanding.

And maybe i am inextricably drawn, to what that [state of] 'being' has offered to me.

Maybe i am 'in love'!

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Maybe i believe, in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob because he has revealed himself to my understanding.       !!!!!      Grin

Setanta,

You seem to doubt the existence of a creator.

I [am certain that i] cannot convince you of his existence.

Only he can do that, if he were to choose to reveal himself to you.

Isaiah 45:15
Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Setanta,

Q.
ABOUT YOUR OWN EXISTENCE;

Don't you judge, that your own self awareness, is proof of a creator ?

Certainly you will have a physical body [unless you are visiting this online public forum, in the form of a sophisticated bot!   Smiley    ],           .....but really,        .....your body, is not the 'essence' of your being.

[i certainly have come to understand, that my own physical body, does not define the 'essence' of who i am!! ]

Setanta,

I would like to suggest to you, that the 'essence' of your own being, is the self-awareness that you ARE,       that you ARE,       that you ARE !!!

YOU ARE, a self-awareness that consciously makes choices in this reality.      [a self-awareness that is 'compelled' to make choices in this reality!! ]

Isn't it ?

Q.
And where does/did that [your] essence, come from ?

A.
That essence, that spirit, that is you, comes from what God is.

If you do not have the ken to realise that by now, then i am sorry for that fact.

Setanta,

IMO, exploring and studying the contents of the Holy Bible, can help a self-aware being, to come to a point of 'self-realisation'.

Your opinion may differ.

And that, is one of your choices.

Yadda said...
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1292918320/43#43
Quote:

"I am a student of the Bible.

And IMO, the OT Bible does teach man ethical behaviour."

Setanta,

I am a very, very fortunate person.     !!!!

God has created me,       God has made it very easy for me,      to believe in him.

The truth is incontrovertible.
Malice may attack it.
Ignorance may deride it.
But in the end, there it is.
    - Winston Churchill

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
    - Winston Churchill

I do not hate truth which does not serve me.

Sometimes i am embarrassed by such truth, but i do not hate it.

I am chastised by it.

I feel truly very sorry for people who can't recognise the truth          [because, imo, they hate truth, because they have a very real aversion to truth, or they hate truth because a particular truth does not serve their 'interests'].

I feel truly very sorry for people who hate truth.

But then again!    ....my instinct is, to say;

"Keep them away from me!!!"

Yadda said....
Quote:

The two most important characteristics which define the personality of a person [imo];
1/ are we honest ?
2/ are we reliable ?                    ....[e.g. if we give someone an undertaking to do something, or to behave in a certain way, will we keep to the [verbal] agreement that we have made ?]

More than that, is superfluous, imo.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print